Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Vegan Malbec?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 755 ✭✭✭davidjtaylor

However, another wine I shall definitely buy again is the one attached. A religious person might say it's like drinking angels' blood.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Slaphead07

I wasn't keen on it TBH; a bit rough....
    The chemistry of wine is complex and so just the fact of having the bottle opened for a day or so might have altered it.

Having a wine open, letting it breathe, will definitely soften it. I'm a big fan of decanting wine weather its young or old. Nothing fancy, a plastic 1 litre jug and a plastic funnel (< €5 in any hardware shop!) just pour the wine into the jug and then back into the bottle using the funnel. Job done.
    The pouring is best done with wild abandon so you get as much oxygen as possible into it, although be careful going back into the funnel. On older wines you can hold back sediment too. Win Win.

• Registered Users Posts: 755 ✭✭✭davidjtaylor

Thanks. Maybe I’ll give it another whirl…

• Registered Users Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Slaphead07

Thanks. Maybe I’ll give it another whirl…

a young wine needs it, an old wine deserves it.

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭deaglan1

ALDI have a list of all their vegan products, including wine & beer. Scroll down to appropriate section:

https://cdn.aldi-digital.co.uk/K0H7BLo3afUng6$yBBJbPKiz2FY.pdf

LIDL list the following wines as being vegan:

Valpolicella Superiore DOP 12%
    Beaujolais Villages AOP 12.5%
    Pinot Noir Vin de France 13.5%
    Côtes du Rhône AOC Villages 13.5%
    Allini Prosecco Treviso DOC Frizzante10.5%
    Allini Prosecco Spumante Conegliano 11%

• Advertisement
Advertisement