Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Navan Road Parkway

• 10-08-2017 7:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi there,
    Can anyone tell me what parking availability is like at the Navan Road Parkway station in the mornings? Say between 8 & 8.30am?
    Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,285 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

mcasmck wrote: »
    Hi there,
    Can anyone tell me what parking availability is like at the Navan Road Parkway station in the mornings? Say between 8 & 8.30am?
    Thanks!

Always seems to be plenty of empty spaces.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

Always seems to be plenty of empty spaces.

I park there each morning. More than enough spaces.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,956 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

If it's any way practical to you, the two stations in Dunboyne have sheds of spaces free any time of day.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 mcasmck

The timetables don't seem to match up well when trying to get to Pearse in the mornings.... usually involves a 20 minute + wait time to change in Clonsilla :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

The timetables don't seem to match up well when trying to get to Pearse in the mornings.... usually involves a 20 minute + wait time to change in Clonsilla :(

It's not great for getting to pearse and beyond. I usually go to Lansdowne road. It beats using bus eireann though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭beauf

Go to the docklands and walk (14mins) or Dublin bike (6 mins) across. Less time like a sardine on the train. Alternatively walk back to Connolly (10 mins) and get a Dart.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭beauf

Or just get an ebike or bicycle and cycle the whole way. Far more pleasant.

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭tara83

Car park was completely full this morning. Had to park at the end of a row as I needed to get to work. Hoping Im not clamped

I wonder if it's because of all the issues with Bus Eireann that people are driving in to get the train.

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭rebel456

Went to get a train at Navan Road Parkway last night (Friday) at 8.30pm and the station was locked. All of the glass doors from the car park into the station building were locked shut. No way in, and out apparently. Missed the train obviously and had to double back to get a bus from the stop outside.

Is this normal? The website says the station is open until the last train passes through. Or is there any other entrance I'm not aware of?

Are you sure? I arrived back to the station from Connolly at around half nine last night and was able to exit. The door can be very heavy and usually only 1 open

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,684 ✭✭✭horse7

tara83 wrote: »
    Are you sure? I arrived back to the station from Connolly at around half nine last night and was able to exit. The door can be very heavy and usually only 1 open

Someone smashed the main door.

horse7 wrote: »
    Someone smashed the main door.

It's been like that for a few days

Advertisement