Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin routes news and general chat

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Skuzchad

Generally Uspc is little busy in the mornings but can still be used in the afternoons . I still think Dublin could be utilised as a transatlantic hub for Delta or AA or even Virgin

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 6,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭Irish Steve

OK, nearly 100 messages in this thread, there's still 4 months to go before we get to 2018, and there's NO announcements about 2018 routes, so I'm going to rename this thread, and open a new one that will be used for route announcements only, with no chat.

Shore, if it was easy, everybody would be doin it.😁

• Registered Users Posts: 10,175 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

JCX BXC wrote: »
    Aer Lingus was the hinted rumour. Keep an eye out over the next few months I'd say.

I wonder would it be another Hartford type deal with a large incentive. Hard to see the compelling logic otherwise.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,662 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

Aegean will extend DUB/ATH from mid September until 8th January before resuming in March (June this year) for full 2018 season. Daytime flights on Mon/Fri over winter. Good for spotters!

Aegean like KLM have grown very quickly in a short period of time.

FR have canceled their winter ATH service after one season while EI have started to to make so off peak season cuts in summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,388 ✭✭✭VG31

Jamie2k9 wrote: »
    Aegean will extend DUB/ATH from mid September until 8th January before resuming in March (June this year) for full 2018 season. Daytime flights on Mon/Fri over winter. Good for spotters!

Definitely! Now all we need is S7 and Air Moldova to fly during daylight hours.

• Advertisement

Meanwhile EI also launched winter schedule today:
    Aer Lingus adds two new routes and 300,000 seats in biggest ever winter schedule
    http://www.independent.ie/life/travel/travel-news/aer-lingus-adds-two-new-routes-and-300000-seats-in-biggest-ever-winter-schedule-36019072.html

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

The 'new routes' are MIA that was already announced and BIO going year-round.

330 staying on YYZ is the biggest change really (assuming that wasn't already known and I missed it!)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,000 ✭✭✭Pat Dunne

L1011 wrote: »
    The 'new routes' are MIA that was already announced and BIO going year-round.

330 staying on YYZ is the biggest change really (assuming that wasn't already known and I missed it!)

My understanding is there will be no flights by EI in Jan or Feb to BIO.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭john boye

Another indo article that reads just like an EI press release...

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭scooby77

Was expecting announcement of Aer Lingus direct to Vegas-what became of that plan anyone know?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,714 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

scooby77 wrote: »
    Was expecting announcement of Aer Lingus direct to Vegas-what became of that plan anyone know?
    That was never on the cards. The whole rumour ran amok due to the CEO answering a question from an Indo journo about a possible Vegas route in an interview last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,840 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

norwegian had high load factors on this route from london, copenhagen, oslo etc. Hopefully they will launch the route from Dublin. A friend of mine says they are looking to register 3 x 787 on Irish AOC...

Aer Lingus being so conservative and IAG wanting to feed us through london etc instead of offering more direct flights from dublin. I hope norwegian also notice this and start launching new routes! hopefully starting with vegas!

Idbatterim wrote: »
    norwegian had high load factors on this route from london, copenhagen, oslo etc. Hopefully they will launch the route from Dublin. A friend of mine says they are looking to register 3 x 787 on Irish AOC...

Aer Lingus being so conservative and IAG wanting to feed us through london etc instead of offering more direct flights from dublin. I hope norwegian also notice this and start launching new routes! hopefully starting with vegas!

They already had the 787's on the register but had to remove them, they might just put them back on.

EI want high yield passengers, Vegas doesn't deliver that.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,094 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Jamie2k9 wrote: »
    EI want high yield passengers, Vegas doesn't deliver that.

You can only say it so many times Jamie, I just don't think OP wants to accept that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,843 ✭✭✭Van.Bosch

Aer Lingus conservative? Possibly

IAG wanting to feed pax through London? I doubt it, they have enough demand for Vegas as is.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,535 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

With respect just because you want a route to Vegas doesn't mean EI are conservative - they have far more industry info than you are I and are in a far better position to decide how lucrative it might be.

It's almost an obsession reading your posts here - that's not how these decisions are made thankfully.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,130 ✭✭✭goingnowhere

4 new A330, 4 second hand 757's and an order for 7 A321NEOLR is hardly conservative from Aer Lingus thats massive growth over a short period for a small operator operating basically in a single market.

Dublin London is the busiest air route possibly in the world at this point, huge demand and IAG don't want you going to AMS, FRA or CDG.

There is also now a flow of passengers from EI to BA and BA to EI, where there is cross selling of tickets, so you go out EI and back BA on a single ticket

• Registered Users Posts: 1,500 ✭✭✭Noxegon

Really wish they'd bring back the daytime JFK. I don't like having to go via LHR to avoid the night flight.

I develop Superior Solitaire when I'm not procrastinating on boards.ie.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,017 ✭✭✭✭murphaph

Any ideas how Brexit (assuming the UK crashed out of open skies) could affect DUB?

I (possibly incorrectly) assume the old bilateral agreements between Ireland and the UK could be used to allow DUB - UK flights to continue?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,843 ✭✭✭Van.Bosch

murphaph wrote: »
    Any ideas how Brexit (assuming the UK crashed out of open skies) could affect DUB?

I (possibly incorrectly) assume the old bilateral agreements between Ireland and the UK could be used to allow DUB - UK flights to continue?

Ireland can't negotiate with the UK, all deals have to be UK-EU.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 4,131 Mod ✭✭✭✭Locker10a

Noxegon wrote: »
    Really wish they'd bring back the daytime JFK. I don't like having to go via LHR to avoid the night flight.
    Hopefully when EI get their new A321LR this will be resumed

• Registered Users Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭IE 222

Are the seven A321 solely for TATL services or will they be used on European routes as well.

Is there any scope on configuration yet. Will they all be the same or could some have reduced business class to increase loads on some bucket and spade routes plus releasing a A320 for new/extra services.

How does EI business preform. Quick calculations show they offer over 300 business seats (oneway) a day across all routes, DUB - JFK, BOS, ORD 60 each. Is there much uptake on business from Shannon or is there more potential for extra economy.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,000 ✭✭✭Pat Dunne

john boye wrote: »
    Another indo article that reads just like an EI press release...

First rule of journalism, "copy and paste"!
    Second rule of journnalism, "never let the facts get in the way of a good story"! ;)

IE 222 wrote: »
    Is there much uptake on business from Shannon or is there more potential for extra economy.

I understand that Business performs very well from SNN, and is what maintains the service. When EI hired in OMNI for 12 weeks they fit in a business class especially for the SNN-BOS service.

I understand that Business performs very well from SNN, and is what maintains the service. When EI hired in OMNI for 12 weeks they fit in a business class especially for the SNN-BOS service.

I'm very surprised to hear that. I wouldn't of thought Shannon would attract much business class customers.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 260 ✭✭Irishweather

Noxegon wrote: »

+1. The Dublin flight was the latest dayflight to Europe at 12pm. Of course there is Iceland but that's not really Europe is it?

+1. The Dublin flight was the latest dayflight to Europe at 12pm. Of course there is Iceland but that's not really Europe is it?

Personally i cant see IE sending the whole 7 A321 state side within 2 hours or so of each other. My guess is they would stagger their departures throughout the day to allow for Euro services resulting in some earlier and later US flights.

IE 222 wrote: »
    Personally i cant see IE sending the whole 7 A321 state side within 2 hours or so of each other. My guess is they would stagger their departures throughout the day to allow for Euro services resulting in some earlier and later US flights.

First, ask yourself what do they do with the 5 757's they will be replacing.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

First, ask yourself what do they do with the 5 757's they will be replacing.

4, none of which they own and all of which are on short term contracts. They'll go completely

• Advertisement

L1011 wrote: »
    4, none of which they own and all of which are on short term contracts. They'll go completely

Apologies, 4, thought it was 5 for some reason.

I never implied that they own them, I don't understand your point, are you saying they'll be gone before the A321's arrive or are you just restating my point,

Advertisement