Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Best Dublin Bus Routes

• 08-04-2017 3:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭

Hi all, I am a bus enthusiast (obviously). I really like Dublin Bus. Does anybody know some good routes I can go on? (Only recommend normal buses, xpressos or nitelinks please).
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,886 ✭✭✭Csalem

So no Airlink or Tours based on your criteria?

I would suggest 17, 18, 27A, 31B, 76 and 111.

If you want detailed opinions on routes I like then here is a plug to my website:
    www.offthebeatentrack.webs.com

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭DUBLINBUSGUY

Thanks for the recommendations. I have been on the 111 Dublin Bus a lot as it goes past my house and I can't think of anything special about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

44, 44b, 84 185, one to howth forget number.

Thanks, punisher5112. I have been on the 44b Dublin Bus already. The views are amazing!

Blessington run would be good also.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,662 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

65 to Ballyknockan, 31B, 32, 33B, 43, 239, 130, 47, 184, 41B

Thanks, dfx-.

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭clairek6

Any one know the route of the 9c bus? I see it passing regularly but nothing about it on the app.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,542 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

clairek6 wrote: »
    Any one know the route of the 9c bus? I see it passing regularly but nothing about it on the app.

It is a short working of route 9 from either terminus to the city centre only.

Exactly the same route as the normal 9 but finishes in O'Connell St.

That's goes for any route with C on it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,390 ✭✭✭VG31

That's goes for any route with C on it.

Apart from the 41C.

VG31 wrote: »
    Apart from the 41C.

But it only goes city???

• Registered Users Posts: 3,390 ✭✭✭VG31

But it only goes city???

So do the rest of the 41s so it's not comparable to other 'C' routes.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,956 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

VG31 wrote: »
    So do the rest of the 41s so it's not comparable to other 'C' routes.

It may be long gone now but the old 33C didn't even get into the city atall :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,542 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

The use of a "C" suffix on short workings of cross-city routes only took effect post-Network Direct.

Before then there were quite a few "C" routes that were routes in themselves rather than shortened workings.

As above the only one left now is the 41C.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭john boye

Seeing short 15Cs these days is a great throwback to the old, old 15C to Willington roundabout, what an oddity of a route that was.

• Registered Users Posts: 886 ✭✭✭stop

saw a 15C coming into Rathmines from Grosvenor Road the other morning, I was very confused as to how it got there!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭john boye

stop wrote: »
    saw a 15C coming into Rathmines from Grosvenor Road the other morning, I was very confused as to how it got there!

If it was yesterday morning then it was probably diverted due to the serious incident on Terenure Road East.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,785 ✭✭✭thomasj

With a shadow of doubt my favourite route is the 114.

If ever i have anything important coming up i will always take the 114 up to ticknock and spend some time up at the viewing point and stick the headphones in and gather my thoughts . Imho some of the best views in dublin.

Best on a good sunny day .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 262 ✭✭boobycharlton

47 which travels out along the coast and Sandymount Strand is one of my favourites. Great views across Dublin Bay when sitting upstairs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,886 ✭✭✭Csalem

47 which travels out along the coast and Sandymount Strand is one of my favourites. Great views across Dublin Bay when sitting upstairs.

And if you go during the daytime off-peak during the week you get the Mount Merrion diversion too which is quite nice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 611 ✭✭✭MGWR

I miss the 17B. Used to be very convenient to be able to get from the Northside SC area to Dollymount Strand. One time when I used it, the bus was a CIE-bodied Atlantean too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 E17Simon

What about the 155 service from Bray up into the City Centre

E17Simon wrote: »
    What about the 145 service from Bray up into the City Centre

2years....

Advertisement