Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flightradar24 Thread Part III

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Somebody very famous or something very valuable arrived in airport in last hour. Multiple large black bmws, jeeps surronded private jet. Fire brigade and other security vehicles around it. Any idea?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,730 ✭✭✭Comhrá

Pat Dunne wrote: »
    Hey, let get some crowdfunding going :)

A nice wide bit of ground might have to be bought too. Those things are a PITA to park. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭AGC

Somebody very famous or something very valuable arrived in airport in last hour. Multiple large black bmws, jeeps surronded private jet. Fire brigade and other security vehicles around it. Any idea?

King of Jordan

• Registered Users Posts: 1,177 ✭✭✭sesswhat

Is this a normal route for LGW to BFS or has the pilot realised at the last minute he wasn't supposed to be going to dublin?

jkdRNWN.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 18,078 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

sesswhat wrote: »
    Is this a normal route for LGW to BFS or has the pilot realised at the last minute he wasn't supposed to be going to dublin?

Normal. Usually they don't fly over the middle of Wales but Belfast bound flights often overfly Dublin Airport.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 581 ✭✭✭pepe the prawn

One of the newest ATR's for stobart inbound to cork,EI-FMJ, probably still has that new aircraft smell :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Growler!!!

One of the newest ATR's for stobart inbound to cork,EI-FMJ, probably still has that new aircraft smell :D

Has an extra button that the others don't have. However if it's pressed a P45 automatically gets printed:D

b38a2abae909ac333aa09ffcdae7ed9e.jpg

Growler!!! wrote: »
    Has an extra button that the others don't have. However if it's pressed a P45 automatically gets printed:D

b38a2abae909ac333aa09ffcdae7ed9e.jpg

Boost? Some form of power increase for short field or increased climb performance maybe?

Reminds me of this... :pac:

1A130701-13D2-476D-99AB-2783CF3CDB56_zps8qufaax0.png

Affirm, increases normal take off torque by 10%. Intended for operations in Hot and High environments.

But seriously, don't touch the button however tempting!!

Affirm, increases normal take off torque by 10%. Intended for operations in Hot and High environments.

But seriously, don't touch the button however tempting!!

Cool. "If" the boost is used, I presume it must be logged and prolonged use may result in shorter engine life overall?

Must be very heady to have in places like Malaysia and the tropics.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 dentonkarl

Does anyone know what is wrong with Jet2 G-GDFB. Did a flight from Newcastle to Dublin on 4th Jan via northern Scotland then didn't fly until 5th Feb and flew from Dublin to West Ireland and back to Dublin. Done a short test flight as well this morning.
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,370 ✭✭✭b757

dentonkarl wrote: »
    Does anyone know what is wrong with Jet2 G-GDFB. Did a flight from Newcastle to Dublin on 4th Jan via northern Scotland then didn't fly until 5th Feb and flew from Dublin to West Ireland and back to Dublin. Done a short test flight as well this morning.
    Thanks

Nothing.. Scheduled maintenance with Dublin Aerospace..

dentonkarl wrote: »
    Thanks

There may not be anything wrong with it, its likely just test flights, pilot training etc. You often see flights heading out over the Atlantic and West of Ireland for that. The aircraft probably isn't needed during the quiet winter season.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭Trebor176

https://www.flightradar24.com/PYN1/8be1e3c

This just flew over my house. It's been a long time since I've heard or seen a Beechcraft fly over. The last time would have been the Baldonnell based one(s).

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭Delboy2015

STK90CW gone around at DUB

EI121 was departing around the same time, was it due to this?

Changing to RWY 28 now

Delboy2015 wrote: »
    STK90CW gone around at DUB

EI121 was departing around the same time, was it due to this?

Changing to RWY 28 now

Wind change, from south easterly to south westerly.
    14:30 METAR gives 160 degrees (SSE) at 10kts
    15:00 METAR gives 210 degrees (SSW) at 23kts gusting 33kts.

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭Delboy2015

Carnacalla wrote: »
    Wind change, from south easterly to south westerly.
    14:30 METAR gives 160 degrees (SSE) at 10kts
    15:00 METAR gives 210 degrees (SSW) at 23kts gusting 33kts.

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭EchoIndia

Carnacalla wrote: »
    Would this be an accurate statement : "DUB arrivals use Shannon RWY24 more than Dublin's own RWY34?"

No.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,465 ✭✭✭highlydebased

EI-FOG on its first day in revenue service today, operating LTN-KIR now.

EchoIndia wrote: »
    No.

Have you figures for the yearly arrivals to DUB's RWY34?

• Advertisement

No, but as I live under the approach to that runway, I am familiar enough with it being used. I would put it in the few hundred landings a year at least. A typical late evening period of usage while 28 is closed for maintenance, which happens a number of weeks during the year, can easily see more than 20 landings over an hour or two.

Figures quoted by IALPA in the following submission http://www.aviationreg.ie/_fileupload/2014ddresponses/2014-07-31%20IALPA.pdf gave runway 34 movements figures for 2012 as 4,492 and for 2013 at 3,205. However as the runway is often used for departures for a period during the morning rush, these figures will reflect that and will also encompass departures and landings.

Figures up in the 3,000 (Even 4% of that) mark easily beat the 100ish diversions to SNN from DUB each year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭arubex

21:45 Azerbaijan Airlines B788 on a southerly track cutting across from Bundoran towards Dundalk

http://fr24.com/AHY102/8be95d4

Trebor176 wrote: »
    https://www.flightradar24.com/PYN1/8be1e3c
    This just flew over my house. It's been a long time since I've heard or seen a Beechcraft fly over. The last time would have been the Baldonnell based one(s).

You should come up north for a bit, some days the only things we have besides Easyjet are &!'#? King Airs. G-FLYW is in Belfast so often it has developed an accent and a taste for Veda bread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭Shannon757

EI-FOG on its first day in revenue service today, operating LTN-KIR now.

Those lads in Kerry get all the new stuff :D

Shannon757 wrote: »
    Those lads in Kerry get all the new stuff :D

I might not be from this side of the country but Cork isn't in Kerry:pac:

Thought that too on first reading of the post :P
    EI-FMJ was in KIR a few days ago :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭Shannon757

:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Bigcheeze

I think you're all missing the point about 34 and confusing it with use of 16/34 which happens reasonably regularly during the winter.

It's quite rare to see use of 34 which happens when there is a strong northerly wind.

Bigcheeze wrote: »
    I think you're all missing the point about 34 and confusing it with use of 16/34 which happens reasonably regularly during the winter.

It's quite rare to see use of 34 which happens when there is a strong northerly wind.

Im aware of what runway RWY34 is. RWY16 has ILS and is used frequently.

• Advertisement

Bigcheeze wrote: »

No confusion on my part. Aircraft on final to 34 pass by my house at 800 feet - it's hard to miss them. (BTW I thought this thread was for discussion of flights observed on FR24...)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement