Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Sean Moncrieff - Newstalk

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

My ears must be deceiving me. They actually talked about gin at the start of the Movies and Wine section.
    Perhaps they might eventually get around to talking about whiskey, if Sean ever gets over his personal hang-up against spirits :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

My ears must be deceiving me. They actually talked about gin at the start of the Movies and Wine section.
    Perhaps they might eventually get around to talking about whiskey, if Sean ever gets over his personal hang-up against spirits :rolleyes:

Can't handle the stuff, Sean likes a couple of glasses of mule piss lager. I'd say after that he gets a bit funny.

He probably had a bad experience with whiskey years ago on a night out with real ass men.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,441 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Can't handle the stuff, Sean likes a couple of glasses of mule piss lager. I'd say after that he gets a bit funny.

He probably had a bad experience with whiskey years ago on a night out with real ass men.

Saw him in P Macs one Friday afternoon and he was indeed drinking a bottle of lager.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,576 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Good old Moncrieff.

What better way to start a Christmas day special than 15 mins of non Christmas Disco & Electronica tunes.

Ha ha, love it.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,772 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

Another great segment with Graham Finley, he is always interesting to listen to.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭harry Bailey esq

I'm tuned in at the moment,they have a weekly segment about stationary now apparently...
    I've listened since the show first aired,but I'm not sure how I feel about this latest development :)

I'm tuned in at the moment,they have a weekly segment about stationary now apparently...
    I've listened since the show first aired,but I'm not sure how I feel about this latest development :)

Ha, was gonna post about this.

"Now, what's in your stationary cupboard?" (Okay, sound like a Moncrieff bit, alright)

"This is the first in a new weekly segment..."
    (Wait, what? Weekly??)

As it turned out I sort if enjoyed it!

I think Sean said before Christmas there'd be a few changes after Christmas. Anyone know what's in and what's out? Paolo still here. Better not mess with Movies & Booze.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,772 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

He got rid of the 'Someone who died who you may not have heard of' slot and replaced it with a technology slot with Darragh Doyle, apparently Bebo is back.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,472 ✭✭✭Grolschevik

Is Henry getting his vox pop topics from After Hours now?

Is Henry getting his vox pop topics from After Hours now?

:-D:-D:-D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭tampopo

I tuned in during the week. Sounds like a new, younger child development/psychologist is the guest now...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,203 ✭✭✭sonic85

He got rid of the 'Someone who died who you may not have heard of' slot and replaced it with a technology slot with Darragh Doyle, apparently Bebo is back.

is the obituary slot and john kelleher gone completely? damn. along with the history slot on Wednesday they were my favourite parts of the show. some really interesting topics and people featured.

bebo and stationary. jaysus

sonic85 wrote: »
    is the obituary slot and john kelleher gone completely? damn. along with the history slot on Wednesday they were my favourite parts of the show. some really interesting topics and people featured.

bebo and stationary. jaysus

The technology slot was on at 3:45 on Monday, I think the history slot is staying where it is, I don't think the stationary slot is replacing anything, it might only be something that happens intermittently, I can't really see them being able to drag that much out of it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

Moncrieff seems to have more slots than an amusement arcade.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭tampopo

tampopo wrote: »
    I tuned in during the week. Sounds like a new, younger child development/psychologist is the guest now...

My mistake, the usual fella was on there today at about 3.20pm

• Registered Users Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭Claude Burgundy

Lapin wrote: »
    Moncrieff seems to have more slots than an amusement arcade.

That tends to happen when you have 15 hrs of talk radio to fill every week.

Boards getting an good 'aul mention there on the new techy app-y slot.

:-D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,220 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    Boards getting an good 'aul mention there on the new techy app-y slot.

:-D

Yer man was employed by Boards for years.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,936 ✭✭✭ballsymchugh

is it just me or is he getting particularly narky recently, slagging off contributors after they're gone etc...

take that guy on about being up front when you're dating, and not bothering with playing mind games. he seemed to be in for some flack afterwards for no apparent reason.

the show seems to be going out of it's way to be a pro - everything that is not white, straight, male middle class with some of the reactions to texters.

still funny most of the time though!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,441 ✭✭✭Heroditas

the show seems to be going out of it's way to be a pro - everything that is not white, straight, male middle class with some of the reactions to texters.

Doesn't Global Village already cater for that demographic? :D

• Advertisement

I don't think him giving out about contributors is anything new, as long as I've listened to the show he's always done it, depends on how much sh1te they talk I suppose.

His response to the "How much is that Brit propagandist being payed" text last week was hilarious, that texter may just have been taking the piss but still I got a good laugh out of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,936 ✭✭✭ballsymchugh

Heroditas wrote: »
    Doesn't Global Village already cater for that demographic? :D

i was thinking that as i typed it!!

but sometimes, some of the stuff he comes out with would make you stop and think 'am i being a bastard?' before saying no, and carrying on.

Is it just me or does Paulo sound absolutely hammered today?

Is it just me or does Paulo sound absolutely hammered today?

Snap, they said he was sick eh he was LOCKED. He couldn't remember anything about The Restaurant and was all over the gaff.

Must have had a liquid lunch !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭maxwell smart

That lip syncing competition they were running, I see someone who had their face pixelated out won it???

How do they know if they were any good at lip syncing??????

I call a fix! Was Dil on the judging panel>?!?!!??!?

Snap, they said he was sick eh he was LOCKED. He couldn't remember anything about The Restaurant and was all over the gaff.

Must have had a liquid lunch !

Hopefully that's all it was,and not something serious.

Fred Cooke..............same jokes and same song as he did on Dermot & Dave, not funny either:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭roll

was cringing listening to it....

roll wrote: »
    was cringing listening to it....

Not one single laugh from the crowd, awful stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Not one single laugh from the crowd, awful stuff.

It must have been very embarrassing for him.

Was there any boos or heckles from the crowd?

Advertisement