Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Fuji SST 2.0

Options
  • 23-10-2014 7:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭

Thinking of making a bid for this bike any folks on here have this bike and how have they found it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭andy69

Thinking of making a bid for this bike any folks on here have this bike and how have they found it?

I have one, got it in February 2013, used it from then, and right through last winter (living in rural midlands and so riding on wet filthy mucky L-roads for a lot of my spins over winter time), through to now, so it's been well used (10k km per year typically) and still looks fantastic. I still smile every time I look at it :-)
    Only issue I had was the little bolt holding the saddle in place snapped on me a couple of months ago. Fuji were a bit baffled, apparently never happened before so they sent me a whole new Seatpost for half nothing (bolt was 7mm and special part which couldn't be individually replaced).
    Other than that, just those stupid 41/30 bottom brackets wearing out every 6 months, but this isn't unheard of with those tiny bearings I believe.
    Found it a bit stiffer than previous bike but that was a Look bike with special ISP that had some dampening mechanism built in. Still, not so stiff I couldn't get over or anything, and got used to it very quickly.

hth ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭Stevieg2009

Cheers Andy I'm familiar with your bike I've raced in your club lge I'm a member of 905 I've always liked your bike the cosmics look great on it

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭andy69

ha! small world :)
    thanks, yeah the new wheels made a difference alright, but even the standard ones were nice (35mm Ovals).

chat to ye soon so!
    Andy

Advertisement