Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Will we ever see the likes of the Provisional IRA again?

2»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭paky

owenc wrote: »
    Because the protestants down south are a totally different group they are anglo irish they mixed in with the native irish and converted to catholisim over the years thats why theres so little protestants down south, and the protestants up here are presbyterians and very high in numbers they never mixed with the natives and they are of a different ethincy they are scottish the ones down south are english.;)

that doesnt make any sense whatsoever

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,524 ✭✭✭owenc

paky wrote: »
    that doesnt make any sense whatsoever

Well you asked me how the protestants down south didn't survive and i explained it, basically presbyterians have a different attitude to those ones. Is that what you were asking?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭me_right_one

They so would you have no idea how much support they would have... and we unionists consider ulster as northern ireland. And as for ethnic cleansing that won't work as you have seen the catholic church numbers are starting to rise as well as the presbyterian and church of ireland numbers.

Oh I have an idea. Say, for example, there were 100,000, no, a million unionist supporters in the north ready to fight. Well any way you look at it, there are 4 million residents in the south, potentially there for fighting. Anyway, those are absolute worst case scenario figures, the chinese army doesnt even have a million troops. The point I'm making is they're waaaaaaaaaaaay outnumbered no matter how much support you think they have. You are right to assume Ulster is part of northern IRELAND, thats cos it IS IRELAND!!!!! I dont get what you mean about religious numbers, what has that got to do with maggotting out unionists?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭paky

Well you asked me how the protestants down south didn't survive and i explained it, basically presbyterians have a different attitude to those ones. Is that what you were asking?

sectarianism in ireland is a product of british rule. once britain leaves ireland the sectarianism will end. protestant and catholics in the south live in peace with one another so why would that be any different in a united ireland?

Oh I have an idea. Say, for example, there were 100,000, no, a million unionist supporters in the north ready to fight. Well any way you look at it, there are 4 million residents in the south, potentially there for fighting. Anyway, those are absolute worst case scenario figures, the chinese army doesnt even have a million troops. The point I'm making is they're waaaaaaaaaaaay outnumbered no matter how much support you think they have. You are right to assume Ulster is part of northern IRELAND, thats cos it IS IRELAND!!!!! I dont get what you mean about religious numbers, what has that got to do with maggotting out unionists?

No it only is ireland because its in the island of ireland not the country of ireland. That is obviously another reason why we shouldn't join onto yous because you would outnumber us.. i'm beginning to think that northern ireland should just be a separate country alltogether. I thought you mean't getting rid of protestants.

• Advertisement

paky wrote: »
    sectarianism in ireland is a product of british rule. once britain leaves ireland the sectarianism will end. protestant and catholics in the south live in peace with one another so why would that be any different in a united ireland?

That is all a dream, a dream! We will never live in peace and you know it, northern ireland should just become an independant country, and i hope some people do cause fights because i don't want a united ireland. Protestants will not want a united ireland, and i'm talking about presbyterians particularly here as we/ they are very interested in their heritage and culture and don't want to let go of it so they will do anything to not get a united ireland they are totally the opposite to the church of ireland the church of ireland is like another religion i don't even consider them protestant.

No it only is ireland because its in the island of ireland not the country of ireland. That is obviously another reason why we shouldn't join onto yous because you would outnumber us.. i'm beginning to think that northern ireland should just be a separate country alltogether. I thought you mean't getting rid of protestants.

There's that mindset again. Why the hell would anyone want to get rid of protestants? Why not Buhddists, or aetheists? I'm talking about murdering scum loyal to the crown, not billy robinson who is protestant, peaceful, and gets on with his hindu neighbour paddy mckeown

There's that mindset again. Why the hell would anyone want to get rid of protestants? Why not Buhddists, or aetheists? I'm talking about murdering scum loyal to the crown, not billy robinson who is protestant, peaceful, and gets on with his hindu neighbour paddy mckeown

Well lol, you should of said but still why should we give up for a united ireland we don't want it, thats why i just think we should just be independant as it will never respect anyside no matter what way you do it and i don't ever want to be part of ireland i'd rather be an independant country than be part of ireland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 501 ✭✭✭Glassheart

I wouldn't take part but i suppose i might support them to an extent if it was because of an united ireland but if they started mass murdering like the ira then no.

I can absolutely guarantee you mass murder from those scumbags.Do you think the IRA have a patent on that one?

Did you ever hear of the Dublin/Monaghan bombings?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭Revolution9

I echo what someone said earlier.

The only way we'll see it on the same scale is if Ireland is united, then the UVF will bomb the bejasus out of Dublin

• Advertisement

Well lol, you should of said but still why should we give up for a united ireland we don't want it, thats why i just think we should just be independant as it will never respect anyside no matter what way you do it and i don't ever want to be part of ireland i'd rather be an independant country than be part of ireland.

I did say, sure we were talking about the uvf. As for you not wanting a UI, WE want it! Its rightful owners want it! Democracy, justice and freedom absolutely demand it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

Was this moved over here from politics or something? I'm locking it cause its not history its current/future affairs. If the op wants to pm me and have it moved to politics I'll ask one of the politics mods and see what happens. If it was moved from politics to here I won't be moving it obviously. B

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement