Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Marin bikes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,578 ✭✭✭uberwolf

as you can see yourself some positive reviews there

though I'd be concerned about this

Europe, South America, and Australia
    Shipping: $225.00
    (Shipping Charge for this item)

that is some premium!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

he is shipping to Canada, so I think it's 90 USD for him and thankfully not 225!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,617 ✭✭✭Enduro

Though not very common here, Marins are extremely common in Britain, and have a reputation of being very good all round mountain bikes. The last time I was looking into these things their pricing was very good value as well. I considered buying a Marin Attack Trail myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭mockerydawg

I've had a full sus Marin since 1999 and apart from breaking it (totally my own fault) never had a problem with it. That said even though it was 2 years past its original warranty Marin uk (ATB Sales) still replaced it no questions asked.
    In all my years reading various bike media I've never come across a poor review for any Marin at any level, so I'd give them two thumbs up at any price.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

isn't there a place in Malahide that sells Marins and Kona...

• Advertisement

Certainly when I worked there Cyclelogical stocked Marins, man I really wanted this one they had, full sus XC machine.

twas v.similar to this

marin-shoreline-trail-lrg.jpg

actually looking at that it seems a bit naff - the model was mount vision I think. Anyway, leave me to my day dreams

RuggieBear wrote:
    isn't there a place in Malahide that sells Marins and Kona...

Didn't that Malahide shop used to be owned by the guy who owns Cyclogical in town?
    I think a diff fella owns it (the Malahide shop) now and stocks lower end cycles. I havent been into it for a while though

King Raam wrote:
    Didn't that Malahide shop used to be owned by the guy who owns Cyclogical in town?
    I think a diff fella owns it (the Malahide shop) now and stocks lower end cycles. I havent been into it for a while though

right on both counts I think

• Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Interceptor

I've had a Marin Rift Zone for nearly two years and have given it serious abuse without anything failing. The paint has chipped where its been crashed into rocks and the disc brakes are a bit 'draggy' (not the bikes fault) but otherwise I can't fault it. I was in Cycleogical yesterday and they didn't have any Marin - only Kona.

'cptr

cheers for all the info lads,
    just found out that he went for this instead...

http://www.mongoose.com/bikes/detail.php?id=281&brandLine=Pro_International&brandID=46

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

King Raam wrote:

shows how long i've been out of mountain biking :o

Advertisement