Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Boyne gp

Options
  • 05-03-2019 10:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,903 ✭✭✭

Time for our first promotion of the season.
    Boyne go sun mar 24th
    Venue Ryan's pub gormanlough on r163 kells rd 6km from slane village
    4 x separate races with staggered start times as follows.this is neccessary as it's only a 12k circuit and only room for 2 races on the circuit at a time.
    Sign on opens at 9am.please obey Marshall's instructions on the day regards parking.
    Schedule
    10.30 a2 race 7 x laps 84k
    10.34 a4 race 5 x laps 60k

12.45 a1 race 8 x laps 96k
    12.49 a3 race 6 x laps 72k.
    Prizes for the earlier 2 races will be presented at 1pm as soon as the other 2 events are on the road.any questions just ask or give me a bell.
    Thanks wav

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭manwithaplan

Reasonably new to the calendar (6 years maybe?) but one of my favourite races when I was riding. No frills, great track - would strongly recommend to anyone who hasn't done it before.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,903 ✭✭✭wav1

Reasonably new to the calendar (6 years maybe?) but one of my favourite races when I was riding. No frills, great track - would strongly recommend to anyone who hasn't done it before.
    Spot on..started in 2013 as a gap filler and it's still there.
    Seem to remember a few yrs ago when yourself and a few of the same era gave the young lads a lesson.mr bracken taking the spoils.

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Miklos

Did this as my first ever race two years ago and loved it, looking forward to doing it again in a new category.

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭Crocked

Is this pre-reg for A4?

Crocked wrote: »
    Is this pre-reg for A4?
    No pre entry required

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,081 ✭✭✭Bambaata

Love this circuit (home circuit for me too), my first ever open race and managed 3rd which came from a break, after being told breaks never make it :) The course has a bit of everything in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭manwithaplan

wav1 wrote: »
    Spot on..started in 2013 as a gap filler and it's still there.
    Seem to remember a few yrs ago when yourself and a few of the same era gave the young lads a lesson.mr bracken taking the spoils.

True. Think I ended up 7th or something. Had a teammate in the move who should have won on all known sprinting form. Mr Bracken's cuteness (and talent in fairness) saw him beat our guy into second.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,446 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Looks like Ill be there Wav, looking forward to it

• Registered Users Posts: 6,458 ✭✭✭lennymc

Just putting up some details on the Boyne GP this weekend Sunday 24th, just outside Slane:

A4/A2 races kick off at 10:30 am

A3/A1 races kick off at 12:45

Sign on at . Ryans of Gormanlough, just outside of Slane.

If there is any more info during the week I will add itto this thread.

Lenny

Eamonnator wrote: »
    Please keep up.

That's definately going to be a problem for me this year..... :)

mods, please lock this thread (and issue me a 6 mth ban for not paying attention)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

Bump

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeeee

Merged

Please spread the word..parking and sign on changed to stackallen pitch n putt/tennis club on n51 just beyond slane castle start/finish and circuit all remain the same with presentation in Ryan's pub as usual..will get all the cars off road.sign on opens at 9am as previously advised

here it is on google maps

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭Delboy007

Hi does the A4 race start at the same spot as other years at 10.30, is it going to be a rolling start from the new sign on or do we make our own way down to the starting point?

Delboy007 wrote: »
    Hi does the A4 race start at the same spot as other years at 10.30, is it going to be a rolling start from the new sign on or do we make our own way down to the starting point?
    Will be a rolling start from the new sign on venue for about 2km until the race gets around the first left hander at slane castle so no don't go to the old start.

Apologies if it’s a stupid question, but what’s the entry fee this year?

Miklos wrote: »
    Apologies if it’s a stupid question, but what’s the entry fee this year?
    E17..would appreciate the exact fee where possible folks..speeds things up..thanks

wav1 wrote: »
    E17..would appreciate the exact fee where possible folks..speeds things up..thanks

Perfect, exactly why I was asking thanks.

Thanks to everyone on and off the bike today.to the riders and race staff thanks.windy could day but not a bad day for racing at all.220 riders and no incidents at all.more drogheda whlrs promotions in 3 weeks.peter bidwell coombes connor and ras na n'OG..April 13/14

• Advertisement

Thanks for a great race Wav1 and the rest of the team out there. Marshalling was excellent and the wind made it a nice workout.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 pumatrev

Hi folks was there anyone taking photos yesterday

pumatrev wrote: »
    Hi folks was there anyone taking photos yesterday

Gabe McArdle on twitter: @gmax2404
    @droghedawheeler had one of the finish, where you can see the wind.

I seen alot of people taking photos but no one seems to have posted them anywhere easy to find. Being a sh1t I gave a big smile and thumbs upto one guy the first time passed the golf course. I do wonder do I look as relaxed as I thought I looked.
    On a note for Wav1 and Team Novo Nordisk, you'll notice the bunch was led over the golf club climb in laps 1 and 3 by Type 1 Diabetics, not me the second time. Thought it was nice when I seen the other one of us taking the crowd over the top considering how Wavs young lad has shown its not impossible to do well with it.
    Also apologies to everyone who thought my heart was exploding or I was getting a phone call, bloody Insulin pump started beeping after lap 1 and would not f*cking stop.

CramCycle wrote: »

I seen alot of people taking photos but no one seems to have posted them anywhere easy to find. Being a sh1t I gave a big smile and thumbs upto one guy the first time passed the golf course. I do wonder do I look as relaxed as I thought I looked.
    On a note for Wav1 and Team Novo Nordisk, you'll notice the bunch was led over the golf club climb in laps 1 and 3 by Type 1 Diabetics, not me the second time. Thought it was nice when I seen the other one of us taking the crowd over the top considering how Wavs young lad has shown its not impossible to do well with it.
    Also apologies to everyone who thought my heart was exploding or I was getting a phone call, bloody Insulin pump started beeping after lap 1 and would not f*cking stop.

I heard the alarm on your pump.I taught it was mine glad it wasn't ,:)

CramCycle wrote: »

That was me by the way on lap 3. When I got over the hill nearly came to a stop with the wind

hey lads, not sure if anyone was taking pictures, if I come across any I will put the links up here.

In the meantime, would appreciate if those of you who entered the event could fill in the CI survey at http://www.cyclingireland.ie/page/events/rate-my-event

Thanks
    Lenny

Advertisement