Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Turbo wheel and Cassette help

Options
  • 20-03-2019 2:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭

Hi

I have the wahoo kickr snap and what to get a real wheel and cassette just for the turbo, the group set I have on the bike is the Shimano Ultegra 6800 11 speed. So will I need to get a Shimano Ultegra 6800 Cassette? Does anyone know were I could get a 2nd hand wheel and cassette or would I be better to buy it all new and if so what price do you think this would cost.

Does other people have a wheel just for there turbo?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,226 ✭✭✭secman

Delboy007 wrote: »
    Hi

I have the wahoo kickr snap and what to get a real wheel and cassette just for the turbo, the group set I have on the bike is the Shimano Ultegra 6800 11 speed. So will I need to get a Shimano Ultegra 6800 Cassette? Does anyone know were I could get a 2nd hand wheel and cassette or would I be better to buy it all new and if so what price do you think this would cost.

Does other people have a wheel just for there turbo?

Thanks

I know CSS in Dublin sell specific turbo wheels, come shod with turbo suitable tyres too, not expensive either from memory, I'm sure a tiagra 11 speed cassette would do the job too, you will only use turbo very so often, especially with bright evening only around the corner.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,952 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

secman wrote: »
    .. I'm sure a tiagra 11 speed cassette would do the job too...
    I'm open to correction but I don't think Tiagra comes in 11 speed yet. 105 does.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

105, Ultegra and Dura Ace are the only 11spd groupset sin the Shimano range. SRAM Miche has Sunrace also make Shimano compatible cassettes and as far as I know Campagnolo 11spd cassettes are also compatible but will be much more expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭Delboy007

secman wrote: »
    I know CSS in Dublin sell specific turbo wheels, come shod with turbo suitable tyres too, not expensive either from memory, I'm sure a tiagra 11 speed cassette would do the job too, you will only use turbo very so often, especially with bright evening only around the corner.

When you say CSS, is that Cycle superstore, I have checked online and I can see any up there, would I need to go into one of the shops?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

105, Ultegra and Dura Ace are the only 11spd groupset sin the Shimano range. SRAM Miche has Sunrace also make Shimano compatible cassettes and as far as I know Campagnolo 11spd cassettes are also compatible but will be much more expensive.

While Campagnolo 11 speed cassette will work with Shimano and Sram group sets, a Campagnolo cassette will not fit onto a Shimano freehub.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,952 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Eamonnator wrote: »
    While Campagnolo 11 speed cassette will work with Shimano and Sram group sets, a Campagnolo cassette will not fit onto a Shimano freehub.
    Yup, different splines and requires it's own cassette tool.

I have 105 on my bike, but use an 8 speed cassette on the turbo. There’s obviously limitations, but it works for me.

Advertisement