Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Single line diagrams

Options
  • 06-03-2019 11:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭

Hi lads,

Looking to get some decent single line diagrams that show generator and utility connections along with UPS etc,

If anyone has access to any I’d be grateful if you could share,

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,921 ✭✭✭Andrea B.

Hi lads,

Looking to get some decent single line diagrams that show generator and utility connections along with UPS etc,

If anyone has access to any I’d be grateful if you could share,

Cheers

Hi.
    Not being smart, but using word "schematic" along with your key words presents quite a bit.

I mean through Google images.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,532 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

We have plenty of SLDs at work but would not be permitted to share them. If you have any specific questions I could probably answer them though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭maxamillius

Andrea B. wrote: »
    Hi.
    Not being smart, but using word "schematic" along with your key words presents quite a bit.

I mean through Google images.

Have researched google and exhausted it, thanks

2011 wrote: »
    We have plenty of SLDs at work but would not be permitted to share them. If you have any specific questions I could probably answer them though.

Thanks 2011, understand you can’t share.

More so looking at how a standby generator is connected to the main bar alongside the utility transformer.

Really looking for a graphical representation of it showing ACBs and transfer switches etc

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,532 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

Busy right now but I will look into this for you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Dardania

The electrical switchgear suppliers can be very helpful in this area - see this one from Schenider for example:

https://go.schneider-electric.com/EMEA_EBU_UK_201901_Electrical-Installation-Guide-EA-LP.html?source=Content&sDetail=Electrical-Installation-Guide_GB?&_ga=2.109521286.2062530065.1551957368-1479807421.1551957368

ABB probably have something similar. If you have a real application, you could check with one of the switchgear suppliers like Davenham or one of the generator suppliers who should be able to guide you too.

I'll have a look also to see if I can link to any standards that give guidance.

What's your application - a real project, or college assignment?

^^^ looks good but there is 588 pages in it! :eek:

I think it is for a college assignment.

2011 wrote: »
    ^^^ looks good but there is 588 pages in it! :eek:

I think it is for a college assignment.

it also doubles as a cure for insomnia, and in printed form serves as a hard but effective pillow!

Page 55 has a little diagram on it which is a starting point (however it doesn't show taking the non-critical loads, like the jacks water heater)

There's also CIBSE Guide K (possibly a bit long in the tooth from 2004) which OP might have access to via college library (or maybe drop me a PM :) )

Dardania wrote: »
    The electrical switchgear suppliers can be very helpful in this area - see this one from Schenider for example:

https://go.schneider-electric.com/EMEA_EBU_UK_201901_Electrical-Installation-Guide-EA-LP.html?source=Content&sDetail=Electrical-Installation-Guide_GB?&_ga=2.109521286.2062530065.1551957368-1479807421.1551957368

ABB probably have something similar. If you have a real application, you could check with one of the switchgear suppliers like Davenham or one of the generator suppliers who should be able to guide you too.

I'll have a look also to see if I can link to any standards that give guidance.

What's your application - a real project, or college assignment?

Yep final year project, electrical design of commercial office!

Dardania wrote: »
    it also doubles as a cure for insomnia, and in printed form serves as a hard but effective pillow!

Page 55 has a little diagram on it which is a starting point (however it doesn't show taking the non-critical loads, like the jacks water heater)

There's also CIBSE Guide K (possibly a bit long in the tooth from 2004) which OP might have access to via college library (or maybe drop me a PM :) )

I actually have guide k there, which is good but again in real terms doesn’t give much info.

I know nearly every engineering firm has different ways of representing and showing how items such as UPS and gen sets are connected.

In college we don’t actually do a whole lot on that side of things.

• Advertisement

That Schneider guide is pretty good thanks Dardania, I hadn’t come across that one before

If you want, throw up how far you've gotten, and I can comment on it

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

This was my bread and butter for years, up to 2000A autochangeover ACB sets.

PM me and I'll gladly advise you.

Got sorted with this in the end, thanks everyone for the input, much appreciated as always

Advertisement