Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Integrated Fridge Freezer

• 18-03-2019 1:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,859 ✭✭✭✭

My Belling Integrated fridge freezer (70/30)is leaving pools of water in it. Ive tried ckearinf the back of it out, but i think its time for a new one.

Any recommendations.?

Is it worth paying the extra fir one of the premium brands Liebhrr or Miele?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,555 ✭✭✭antiskeptic

anewme wrote: »
    My Belling Integrated fridge freezer (70/30)is leaving pools of water in it. Ive tried ckearinf the back of it out, but i think its time for a new one.

Any recommendations.?

Is it worth paying the extra fir one of the premium brands Liebhrr or Miele?

Pools of water indicate air getting in via the doorseal and condensing in the cold air. You might have a look at why that's occurring and if rectifiable. It would save you a lot of grief.

Fridges tend to be reliable enough so I can't see the need for a premium one. Samsung perhaps. Or something with a long warranty?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,859 ✭✭✭✭anewme

I just looked yesterday and its 50/50.

It might be worth getting someone to look at it before I buy a new one. I should say it is 10/11 years old.

When I bought the kitchen appliances, it was the cheapest one (Belling) when all of the others are Neff/Boesch/Siemens. All the others are going strong except this one now, hence is the upgrades worth the money.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,555 ✭✭✭antiskeptic

anewme wrote: »
    I just looked yesterday and its 50/50.

It might be worth getting someone to look at it before I buy a new one. I should say it is 10/11 years old.

When I bought the kitchen appliances, it was the cheapest one (Belling) when all of the others are Neff/Boesch/Siemens. All the others are going strong except this one now, hence is the upgrades worth the money.

I'd say your answer is in there. If you pay twice as much, would you expect 22 years service years. And would you be content with the tattyness that would surely befall a 20 year old fridge

Friend has a Miele kitchen and the fridge hinge is falling apart after 12 years
    - he has to lift the door to close .. and the gas shock self-closing thing is bust. Call out and parts in the region of 250 quid.

Advertisement