Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Velo Club Balrothery Inaugural Sportive: 14 April

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭koutoubia

Dont forget this is happening this Sunday!

...oh and sign on is form 08.30!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,272 ✭✭✭Mercian Pro

Great event despite that wind and an early puncture. Thanks and well done to all involved in organising, marshalling, food etc. Looking forward to seeing the photos.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,234 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

Yeah, that was a windy day for it. Didn't make it myself unfortunately but passed a few people on it out near Garristown.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,948 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Really enjoyed that. Excellent route full of twists and turns with no long boring segments. Whoever planned it certainly managed to get plenty of climbing into a relatively short route. Thanks to all involved.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭triggermortis

Fairly tough day given the wind. Missed a turn somewhere around Stamullem but got back on track easily enough. Had a group of 4 that worked fairly well most of the way round. Had to head off soon after finishing, but my legs are feeling it now....

Thanks lads.
    It was a learning curve for us and it only means that we can learn from it and make it better next year.
    Route wise : we wanted to make it interesting rather then making it lenghty ie trying to make it 100km for the sake of it. Hopefully we got somewhere near that.

Thanks to everyone who showed up and for your support.
    Myself and detones and the other organisers deffo appreiated it.
    A special thanks to Harry Belafonte form this parish for going out of his way to come up and help out. Every helping hand counted yesterday.
    Thanks again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,450 ✭✭✭Harrybelafonte

Glad to help out, K.

Congrats to all who undertook that day. I was on what I think was the first corner off the main road and everyone looked to have already had enough of the wind by then. Glad everyone enjoyed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭triggermortis

Is there anywhere to view the photos taken on the day?

• Advertisement

I will ask tomorrow when they are going up.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭lledlledlled

Hi all, sounds like a great event. Any details on the 2020 plan?

Yep.
    Same routes as they seemed to go down well.
    Just need to nail down a date.We were looking at a similar date but wont confirm it!

Advertisement