Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Leap card balance

Options
  • 08-10-2017 8:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,245 ✭✭✭✭

Got a leap card yesterday (Saturday) and topped up by 10 euro

Registered on the site and all and it says balance is zero - I understand it says 24-48 hours to show top ups (this is the 21st century?)

I assume the card has the money on it and I won't have any problems on the bus in the morning?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,132 ✭✭✭goingnowhere

10 euro is there, it will work

The system does take 24-48 hours to sync, this is the nature of smartcard ticketing systems world wide

Once it is used on the bus the system should pick up the transaction overnight and it should be there the following day

• Registered Users Posts: 8,229 ✭✭✭LeinsterDub

fritzelly wrote: »
    Got a leap card yesterday (Saturday) and topped up by 10 euro

Registered on the site and all and it says balance is zero - I understand it says 24-48 hours to show top ups (this is the 21st century?)

I assume the card has the money on it and I won't have any problems on the bus in the morning?

Do you have an android phone with nfc?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,245 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Do you have an android phone with nfc?

No

• Registered Users Posts: 12,999 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

fritzelly wrote: »
    No

Well if any of your family or friends do and they download the Leap app you can check your balance on the spot.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,245 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Worked out ok even tho iv been overcharged twice after telling them the fare and paying more than the cash fare

• Advertisement
Advertisement