Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Tour de France 2020 | Stage 20 ITT (Lure - La Planche des Belles Filles, 36.2km)

• 19-09-2020 6:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 13,729 ✭✭✭✭

ITT, don't expect much to change at the top, Mountains classification could get a shuffle.

tour-de-france-2020-stage-20-profile-n2-edebcaa25e.jpg

Props to our Sam

image.jpg

First off at midday Irish, in GC Order.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Limit is 25% of winners time, can't dawdle along on this either.

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

A good read in bike radar on the bike change question - doesn't seem to make sense from a purely power / time perspective but not sure how people will feel doing a 6km climb on a TT bike.

https://www.bikeradar.com/features/tour-de-france-2020-time-trial-tech/?utm_source=Adestra&utm_medium=Email&utm_content=BRR&utm_campaign=Bike%20Radar%20PROD_428044_BikeRadar_Newsletters_12702002

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭The Buster

A lot of mechanics with sleepless nights last night worrying about making a mess of the bike swap!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,146 ✭✭✭Morrisseeee

Limit is 25% of winners time, can't dawdle along on this either.

What kind of average will Sam focus on doing, ie. to keep effort to a minimum & also guessing the winner's time ?!
    My guesstimate is if winner is @ 40kph, then Sam needs to do 30kph & then even that out over flat & climbs.

Just want to add, absolutely delighted for Sam, he's a gent, I met him at the Tour de Burren last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭devonp

what time do the top 10 GC guys start ?

any chance of Porte overtaking Lopez on the GC ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,729 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

devonp wrote: »
    what time do the top 10 GC guys start ?

any chance of Porte overtaking Lopez on the GC ?

Starts @ 13:00 CET, last man to start is Roglic @ 17:15 CET.

Sam's off on his way.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

My prediction for today:
    1) Roglic.
    2) Porte
    3) WvA or Pogacar.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,199 ✭✭✭Keeks

Eamonnator wrote: »
    My prediction for today:
    1) Roglic.
    2) Porte
    3) WvA or Pogacar.

Dumoulin could in with a shout here.....did he not do a good uphill time trial in the Giro before?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,300 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

Caleb Ewan looks ridiculous on his bike... The frame is so small but his thighs are enormous!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

Carapaz will be going for a nice Saturday ride until he hits the mountain, changes bike and absolutely bombs it up the mountain.

They were predicting earlier on Eurosport that the time of the winner should be about 55mins. So 1hr9mins should be enough

Roman Kreuziger was on screen a few moments ago. That's literally the first time in this Tour that I've seen him or heard his name.

Carapaz will be going for a nice Saturday ride until he hits the mountain, changes bike and absolutely bombs it up the mountain.

They were predicting earlier on Eurosport that the time of the winner should be about 55mins. So 1hr9mins should be enough

It'll be interesting to see how much faster he is up the climb compared to Roglic, Pogacar et al.
    I presume he will be anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭David6330

I see some guys stick to the regular bike while others op for the TT bike.
    That hill at the end of the course is a killer....

• Registered Users Posts: 20,032 ✭✭✭✭neris

Eurosport player app acting the bollix for anyone else??

neris wrote: »

The app is working okay on my Android TV

David6330 wrote: »
    I see some guys stick to the regular bike while others op for the TT bike.
    That hill at the end of the course is a killer....

Yeah it's interesting. Cavagna is putting in a super time but he's on the climb now and he's stuck with the TT bike

• Registered Users Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Mine is fine today, wouldn't cast the previous couple of days.

Seven Worlds will Collide

Big crowds on the climb. Most people wearing masks. But still a lot of numpties not wearing masks... And they are generally the people who go close to the riders :(

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭Coneygree

Job done Sam!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,032 ✭✭✭✭neris

I withdraw my comments from earlier in the week about Tony Martin giving the world's TT a good bash

• Registered Users Posts: 3,107 ✭✭✭mr spuckler

This is very impressive so far from Cavagna after yesterday's efforts.

I had server errors yesterday and earlier this morning it was freezing and buffering but seems ok now.

• Registered Users Posts: 859 ✭✭✭Randy Archer

Previous world champ at under 23s , I think he won all around him that season at his level , circa 2006ish. Decent junior too . Won a fair bit when he first went pro .

Cool name too

I withdraw my comments from earlier in the week about Tony Martin giving the world's TT a good bash

It’s been a long time since he did anything on the TT , national champs aside .

Remarkable, a few years ago he scared all when it came to TTS , least at the Worlds

He’s not that old , I know he’s been around for well over 10 years (won the RAS !! ) and i know that he’s had injuries and multiple team changes (most ,bar Katusa were top teams) but how and why the hell has he fallen so far down the pack in terms of TT ? I fully acknowledge that he is used by his team as the engine and is out front of the peloton a lot and thus tired , but even then , how does it explain the lack of TT results ?

Spartacus remained very competitive in TT to late in his career (ignore the final TT at the end of the tour) and he always had an action packed spring calendar

• Registered Users Posts: 9,585 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Cosnefoy really struggling on the TT bike going up the hill

• Registered Users Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭Mefistofelino

The Cofidis skin suit looks the wearer has peed themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭Mefistofelino

It’s been a long time since he did anything on the TT , national champs aside .

Remarkable, a few years ago he scared all when it came to TTS , least at the Worlds

He’s not that old , I know he’s been around for well over 10 years (won the RAS !! ) and i know that he’s had injuries and multiple team changes (most ,bar Katusa were top teams) but how and why the hell has he fallen so far down the pack in terms of TT ? I fully acknowledge that he is used by his team as the engine and is out front of the peloton a lot and thus tired , but even then , how does it explain the lack of TT results ?

Spartacus remained very competitive in TT to late in his career (ignore the final TT at the end of the tour) and he always had an action packed spring calendar
    To be fair, Spartacus never sanded his arse off with saddle grip tape, unlike Tony
    526822.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 10,145 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

Coneygree wrote: »
    Job done Sam!

The winner would have to go 52:44 for Sam to miss the cut

And they won’t...

• Advertisement

To be fair, Spartacus never sanded his arse off with saddle grip tape, unlike Tony
    526822.jpg

I had to double check that sticker . Lol . Virginia...oh right

Tony’s big on being in a big gear all of the time too

That picture, really Tony and he really put a hole in his bibs by grip tape on the saddle ? Christ , he was too strong for his own good

Advertisement