Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

How to move a stanley range from one home to another

Options
  • 03-09-2020 11:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi folks.

I've done plenty of searching but cannot find a definitive answer.

I have recently purchased a Stanley Brandon Range cooker and I'm wondering how people normally move these 400kg monsters??

It's currently stored in my horsebox trailer and was taken from the house and put into the trailer using a digger to lift it with pair of slings.

I plan to use the neighbours tractor to lift it out of the horsebox in a similar method and carry to the back door, but I'm not sure how to get it into the house and manoeuvre once inside.

I've seen ranges moved using round fence posts, like how the Egyptians moved stones to build the Pyramids. Surely thats not how the stanley techs do it when installing ðŸ˜

I'm considering also building a dolly for it, but not sure how it could be lifted off the dolly once inside the house.

Any help appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,897 ✭✭✭Padre_Pio

Anyone have an engine hoist maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,365 ✭✭✭The Red Ace

If you can get a hand truck with solid wheels it will move it no bother, just have one or two helpers with you, I have moved a few of them this way.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,260 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

Or a little flat trolley and a few big lads to shuffle it off the trolley when in position.
    We moved an old style range years back on cut floor brush handles.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,505 ✭✭✭the_pen_turner

Engine house , pallet truck and lots of brute force and ugnorance

Advertisement