Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Want to post pic

Options
  • 23-06-2020 8:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 37

Hi, I've just put a post up about plumbing but can't add a picture as I don't have enough posts yet. Any suggestions?
    Post edited by Spear on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1 JoesphSoap

zeebests wrote: »
    Hi, I've just put a post up about plumbing but can't add a picture as I don't have enough posts yet. Any suggestions?

me too. just joined for the pic thread

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Mark
    Boards.ie Employee

Hi both,

The current restriction on adding images to a thread is that the account needs 5 posts and needs to be at least 24 hours old. For a question about plumbing, it may be possible to send a link to the image (if you use an external image upload site like Imgur) to a Mod and ask them if they would add it to a thread for you.

To get involved in a pictures thread, JoesphSoap, I'm afraid that you'll need to meet the posting criteria by finding discussions to engage with for the moment.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭CBear1993

What about people who’ve been on here a while, how do you post one while on your phone.? I usually view through the full site on my iPhone, is imgur the only way as I see you have to enter a URL? Thanks

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Mark
    Boards.ie Employee

Hi CBear1993,

On mobile, you should see a link to Attach Files, but this is only currently available on the Touch site. Otherwise, you can attach files via the manage attachments button in the Advanced view on the Legacy Site. Or you can link from an external site such as Imgur.

520898.jpg

Advertisement