Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2020 - 1000 mile challenge - year 11

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,520 ✭✭✭py

Hit 1000 miles today, something I've not done in a calendar year before. I'm not going to reach 2000 miles this year but it can be a goal for next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,204 ✭✭✭partyguinness

Will hit 1000 miles later this evening with my interval session. Currently on 995. Should hit 1500 by the end of the year allowing for tapering.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,043 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Finally crossed the 1000 mile mark today. I think about a month and a half later than usual due to totally losing motivation for the lockdown months. Got some good miles in the last month or so though and a bit more motivated with some actual events starting to pop up.

Today was my first "race" since March, although it was 6 people starting every minute so not really racing anyone. Was around the trails in the Lake District, very muddy and very hilly. Did end up actually racing one person who started in the same bubble of 6 people as me, he was ahead all the way round, but I was faster on the downhills. Caught and passed him just coming into the last 200m around the only flat bit of the course on a football pitch... I then slid over in the swampy bit of the field, landed on my side, winded myself and he went on to beat me after helping me back up. Now in bad pain with a badly bruised rib. :(

But, hurrah... Finally got the 1000 miles. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,340 ✭✭✭TFBubendorfer

Will hit 1000 miles later this evening with my interval session. Currently on 995. Should hit 1500 by the end of the year allowing for tapering.

Strictly speaking you should have waited until after the interval session to post ...

Strictly speaking you should have waited until after the interval session to post ...

My bad. I am today on 1,642km or 1020 miles.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭crisco10

Hit it today somewhere around Stepaside..:-)

Only the 2nd year ever, and I hit on the 27th December in 2019. So a serious uppage in miles in 2020 and my most runningest year ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Miklos

I wasn't paying attention and I seem to have passed 1000 miles about two weeks ago! Not bad seeing as I only started running a year ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭Lambay island

Hit the 2,000 Miles mark this morning for the first time. I plan to keep on trucking.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,952 ✭✭✭opus

The plan I was following for Run the Line (sadly cancelled) got me over 2k miles this evening. Probably get in a few more before the end of the year just to keep myself someway sane.

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭ArtieFufkin

Hit 4000 miles today. Doesn't look like I'll get to 5000 by the end of the year but it's been an odd one in many ways. Well done to everyone who has managed to keep training in difficult circumstances.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 3,550 Mod ✭✭✭✭Myksyk

Hit 4000 miles today..

Mad stuff.

Well done. Fantastic committment.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

I hit 1000 miles today. This year has been a bit injury interrupted but I've managed to hit 1000 miles at least. All going well I'll have around 1300 by years end.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,435 ✭✭✭Comic Book Guy

Just past the 2000 mile mark for the year. First time ever being in that vicinity and not one official race to show for it!

Just past the 2000 mile mark for the year. First time ever being in that vicinity and not one official race to show for it!

A good base will stand you good for years to come!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,568 ✭✭✭Reg'stoy

Long time lurker, passed 1,000 miles today during a long easy run as part of a garmin 10k training plan. First time I feel justified about posting here, as due to covid, a 10 day stint in hospital and the subsequent removal of a pesky gallbladder; it's been a rough summer/autumn. Thanks to some virtual challenges and virtual races, the motivation has been there and so I'm delighted to have reached 1,000 miles.

A rescheduled Cork will be the target next year, so fingers crossed it goes ahead.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Dubh Geannain

Just passed 1,000 miles this week.

I never really thought it was a realistic target for me but as 2020 drew on it started to look like I could hit it towards the end of November or early December so it gave me something to aim for. Got there bit sooner in the end. Last year's record high of 650 miles looks a bit more modest now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭Laineyfrecks

Hit 2,000 miles during my session yesterday. Really happy with this mileage, have been consistent for the whole year so far. Despite the lack of races which would usually be my key motivation I am very grateful to be still enjoying my running & motivating myself to get out each day & it definitely helps following a plan.

I hit the 2000 mile mark a couple of days ago as well. I actually missed it and only noticed just now.

Much later than ever before but probably still earlier than in years to come.

I should hit 1500 miles by the end of next week and that is with a rubbish January and Feb (60km altogether).

• Registered Users Posts: 914 ✭✭✭Jakey Rolling

Edged past the 1000 miles today - sat out the start of the year with an injury, so most of that mileage has been since July. Have put in 12 weeks uninterrupted training and now 6 weeks into training plan for a Feb 50k (ever optimistic), lost an extra 8kg along the way, so should have a flying start to 2021 :-)

100412.2526@compuserve.com

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭Murph_D

Hit 2,000 miles yesterday, which was the target for the year. First time to hit this number.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,208 ✭✭✭shotgunmcos

Hit 2,000 miles this evening. Didnt think I'd make it after 5 months injury so happy with that. 1,500 miles of indoor rowing too.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Swashbuckler

Passed 2500 miles today. My single biggest mileage year to date. And hopefully tack on another few miles between now and end of year.

I was focused on hitting 2500km and today on 2443km which is actually 1518 miles. Passed 1500 miles over the weekend without realising it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,968 ✭✭✭aquinn

Currently on 1,401 miles. Amazing really since at the start of the year I was receiving weekly chemo. After chemo came daily radiotheraphy. To say I am proud of myself is an understatement.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭ReeReeG

aquinn wrote:
    Currently on 1,401 miles. Amazing really since at the start of the year I was receiving weekly chemo. After chemo came daily radiotheraphy. To say I am proud of myself is an understatement.

And rightly so!!! Incredible A!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭diego_b

aquinn wrote: »

That is some going A, fairplay to you for coming through it and keeping the running up. Brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,208 ✭✭✭shotgunmcos

Some woman! Very inspiring

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭ultrawoman

You, my dear, are a legend :);) Fantastic achievement!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭Murph_D

:):):)

That's just brilliant.

Advertisement