Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Newbie looking for advice

• 07-06-2019 12:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19,640 ✭✭✭✭

Hi all,

as a big car fan that has had to let that hobby take a back seat due to the constraints of family life, id like to get into sim racing.

Not motorsports specific as such just the sensation of driving a fast car and racing would be good.

To that end i have a xbox one x forza pack coming (7 and horizon 4) and project cars 2, anything else i should be looking at?

Second thing im wondering about is the set up. In my tv room i have a 4k tv but if i get into it ideally id like a wheel and chair set up that mrs cyrus wont want in that room so im thinking of having it in my office.

If im going down that road ill need a tv/monitor etc, should i hold off on this and try with the pad for a while or is it night and day in terms of an experience?

Also, whats the best xbox one wheel pedal set up for a beginner?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 410 ✭✭Dog Man Star

Cyrus wrote: »
    Hi all,

as a big car fan that has had to let that hobby take a back seat due to the constraints of family life, id like to get into sim racing.

Not motorsports specific as such just the sensation of driving a fast car and racing would be good.

To that end i have a xbox one x forza pack coming (7 and horizon 4) and project cars 2, anything else i should be looking at?

Second thing im wondering about is the set up. In my tv room i have a 4k tv but if i get into it ideally id like a wheel and chair set up that mrs cyrus wont want in that room so im thinking of having it in my office.

If im going down that road ill need a tv/monitor etc, should i hold off on this and try with the pad for a while or is it night and day in terms of an experience?

Also, whats the best xbox one wheel pedal set up for a beginner?

Almost certainly a VR setup would be best, no need for monitors nor big tvs. I would suggest a second hand G25 and a VR headset. Others can advise on VR stuff.

Ditch the forza crap, get a pc and Assetto Corsa.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tC3mA93MNgU

Advertisement