Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Peugeot 208e 50kWh

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 31,008 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

DrPhilG wrote: »
    Settle your wee self. Unless you'd care to point out where I suggested he drive illegally?

If someone wants to drive Dublin to Cork or Belfast, in typical Irish weather, then it's perfectly reasonable for someone to want to know what a car will manage at 120kmph in cold weather. That is what I would class as worst case scenario - legal speed limit on the motorway.

What you have said is what my issue is. He always actively tries to maximise range. OK he is limited by the 110km limit in Norway but I've seen many videos where he is driving on a 110km road and only doing 100kmph to conserve range.

I am happy to try and maximise range, but I'd rather know what the bottom line is and anything else is a bonus.

I am settled. :D

I've watched a couple of his 1000km challenge livestreams and he absolutely refuses to identify the speed he's travelling at, apart from the odd "barely legal" joke, but I'm fairly sure he's doing at least 120kph for those challenges, because otherwise there's no way he could do 1000km in 10 hours (100kph average) in a Model 3.

Maybe the "high speed" consumption tests are slower.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,183 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

I could have sworn the motorway from Oslo to the airport was 120km limit but I must have imagined it.

Yay, I wasn't losing the plot. Just texted my friend who lives outside Oslo. There is a stretch of 120km limit near the airport.

Norwegian limits are stupid. I understand the need for caution as there are some very windy roads. But many of the windy roads through the mountains are 80km limit and then you reach nice wide main roads that are only 60km.

Made enjoying my rental Model S a bit frustrating which is why I volunteered to leave my friend's brother to the airport after the wedding.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,035 ✭✭✭rivegauche

windy or winding or both?

rivegauche wrote: »
    windy or winding or both?

I was there in late September, it wasn't overly windy, but the roads were very windy.

Drove from Oslo to Bergen through the mountains, that was quite the experience. Heavy snow.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,066 ✭✭✭✭KCross

Drove from Oslo to Bergen through the mountains, that was quite the experience. Heavy snow.

A beautiful drive though!

• Advertisement

KCross wrote: »
    A beautiful drive though!

Absolutely. Stunning. And I was certainly thankful for the winter tyres.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Got a mail, first e-208 deliveries in Ireland are due mid December now. Seriously considering this car

• Registered Users Posts: 21,301 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

unkel wrote: »
    Bjørn is the new WLTP. Proper real life, independent and reliable testing :D
    the TBTP he calls it.
    More useful than anything official.
    I think he got sub 150km in an Ioniq in the winter doing 120.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,116 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

ELM327 wrote: »
    the TBTP he calls it.
    More useful than anything official.
    I think he got sub 150km in an Ioniq in the winter doing 120.

I think it was 200km @ 80km/hr, 160km @ 90km/hr and 140km @ 110km/hr (5% battery left).

• Registered Users Posts: 64,681 ✭✭✭✭unkel

Must have been well cold!

Interesting he still got 200km at 80km/h

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,785 ✭✭✭Old diesel

I could have sworn the motorway from Oslo to the airport was 120km limit but I must have imagined it. I do remember doing 120kmph on it in a Model S and being overtaken by 2 idiots racing, a Porsche and another Model S who must have been doing close to 180kmph. Blew past me as if I was walking.

Settle your wee self. Unless you'd care to point out where I suggested he drive illegally?

If someone wants to drive Dublin to Cork or Belfast, in typical Irish weather, then it's perfectly reasonable for someone to want to know what a car will manage at 120kmph in cold weather. That is what I would class as worst case scenario - legal speed limit on the motorway.

What you have said is what my issue is. He always actively tries to maximise range. OK he is limited by the 110km limit in Norway but I've seen many videos where he is driving on a 110km road and only doing 100kmph to conserve range.

I am happy to try and maximise range, but I'd rather know what the bottom line is and anything else is a bonus.

It's not Bjorn Neyland in a different country that you want to be taking to task on the need for a 120 kph test to replicate Irish conditions.

But instead the Irish reviewers who either don't do the test or don't report their findings.

While his tests might have flaws - at least he does try to do them.

So he's actually ahead of most reviewers in how he tests.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭Mike9832

Got a mail, first e-208 deliveries in Ireland are due mid December now. Seriously considering this car

I did too

Specs and price very good

Range looks poor, few journalists that had test drives in Portugal were all getting 17-18kWh/100km @ 80kph average speed on it, a german journalist on youtube wasn't allowed drive quickly but calculated it would take about 20kWh/100km @ 100kph and have less than 240km total range, not the 340km wltp, said it was 1800kg too, mad weight and explains efficency a bit

That's at 23c med weather and it's only 46kWh useable, 50kWh net

On 5c November day @ 120kph, with heat on it's not even doing 200km imo, probably well under 200km

Wouldn't get me Limerick - Dublin without stopping/range anxiety, will have to wait for a 60kWh useable

Old diesel wrote: »
    But instead the Irish reviewers who either don't do the test or don't report their findings.

While his tests might have flaws - at least he does try to do them.

So he's actually ahead of most reviewers in how he tests.
    That's why I took a 40kWh Leaf on a 24 hour test drive and racked up 300 miles, lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭BigAl81

Info up on the Irish website now, but not pricing ;(

https://www.peugeot.ie/range/find-your-vehicle/the-new-peugeot-208/new-peugeot-e-208.html

I see there are 24 hour test drives being offered on the Zoe's now for anyone looking to compare.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,368 ✭✭✭Ryath

BigAl81 wrote: »
    Info up on the Irish website now, but not pricing ;(

https://www.peugeot.ie/range/find-your-vehicle/the-new-peugeot-208/new-peugeot-e-208.html

I see there are 24 hour test drives being offered on the Zoe's now for anyone looking to compare.

Prices are there. I posted them nearly a month ago.
    https://media.peugeot.ie/file/77/5/new-peugeot-208-2019-spec-sheet.pdf?lcdv16=1PP2000000A5

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭zoom_cool

The e2008 looks good https://youtu.be/VPLaASwhBSI

• Registered Users Posts: 33,543 ✭✭✭✭listermint

boot looks decent

https://youtu.be/w3tdr5E85o8

@3.20

é-Corsa ( same battery)

Charging @ 97kW @ 31%, 52kW @ 66% on Ionity

Impressive, won't take long to top these up from 20-80%

Near 50% throttling at just 66% SOC?

Not that impressive in my book.

Its alot quicker than more expensive rivals Leaf, eNiro, Kona, Ioniq, eGolf, i3 etc

For a sub 30k supermini it's great

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭Kramer

Doesn't the Model 3 throttle approx 70% at 66% SOC?
    I'd still have one though :D.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,184 ✭✭✭Miscreant

Any more news on when these are available in Ireland? All I can find is "Spring" 2020 which could be any time within a 3 month period. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,301 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

Kramer wrote: »
    Doesn't the Model 3 throttle approx 70% at 66% SOC?
    I'd still have one though :D.
    When your peak is 250kW, it's allowed ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Saw the new petrol 208 in bandon the other day, looks really nice very 3008ish inside! Felt well built too. Didn't see the electric though

3QEJ2rJ.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭zoom_cool

Full charge speed video

https://youtu.be/A5vHmg5TVxA

Summary for those who don't want to watch it:

Starting of at 97kW but dropping to 52kW at just 46% SOC :(

And further down to just 27kW at 69%. And 11kW at 83%. Not great. At all.

It’s the usual case of peak rates meaning absolutely nothing. The average is what counts.

It’s interesting he didn’t show the car itself. Is it a legit video of the e208?

What battery supplier do Peugeot use?

Good chance the entry level ID.3 behaves much the same since, by default, it is a 50kW car.

Some other stats from the video....

20kWh in the first 15mins (2-44%). I guess that will get you a good 120km's extra range?
    25kWh in the first 20mins (2-54%)
    30kWh in the first 25mins (2-63%). Still charging at 54kW (125A)
    32kWh in the first 28mins (2-69%) at 69% it drops to 27kW. So it will max out our 50kW chargers all the way to 69%.

So, an average of 69kW from 2-69%. Not allowing for charging losses so it's probably a tad less than that really.

At 85% its down to 10kW so you might as well be on AC at that point.
    It took on 40kWh in 47mins

Following on from that, if you were to connect this to a 50kW charger from the start....

When the car was at 2% it still had 400V so if you connect to one of our 50kW chargers it will pull the full 125A from the start @ 400V so 50kW (or close enough).

So, if you were connected for 28mins (like Ionity above) you'd get ~23kWh from a 50kW charger instead of the 32kWh from Ionity. That difference may or may not matter to your journey.

The difference in price between eCars and Ionity will be important.

• Advertisement

My German is sketchy but I think this is the e208 doing 130km/h (indicated) for a large proportion of a motorway run.

It averaged 22kWh/100km and just about made 200km when it hit 2%. I was expecting better but 130km/h (indicated) is going to hurt efficiency.

I'd imagine, based on the previous charging video, if you did a 10min topup on a Cork-Dublin trip it would be all you'd need or drive a bit slower and I'd say it would do the trip without a stop.

Advertisement