Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Xbox One General Discussion - Part 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,797 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

No idea, to be honest plugged in Xbox a year ago and Microsoft took my money for live....it's showing on the account

Cancel that renewal now. $7 a month is way more than you should be paying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭Gijoseph

Anyone recommend some good horror games? Only after getting the xbone and the condemned games where a particular favourite.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,955 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

Gijoseph wrote: »
    Anyone recommend some good horror games? Only after getting the xbone and the condemned games where a particular favourite.

Outlast. Resident Evil 7. Evil Within. Dead Space.

Battlefront 2: the micro transactions can be a horror on your bank account.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,476 ✭✭✭ECO_Mental

Signed my son up to xbox live and it's taken the payment but a message saying his profile doesn't allow him access to live ?

Any ideas

Check the parental settings in the xbox menu, you probably need to set it to moderate to allow him to use live and play with other players.

Depending on the game also and this drove me mad last year. You have to be careful when setting up other game accounts e.g. EA account for Star wars, make sure their DOB is over 16. A lot of these games are Over 16 rating and it doesn't matter what access you give them on Xbox live if it doesn't match the DOB for the game he won't be able to play with his friends.

6.1kWp south facing, South of Cork City

• Registered Users Posts: 7,991 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Gijoseph wrote: »

Dying light. Play at night (in game), burn underwear after.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,290 ✭✭✭dunworth1

Outlast. Resident Evil 7. Evil Within. Dead Space.

Battlefront 2: the micro transactions can be a horror on your bank account.

the dead space series is included with EA access

• Registered Users Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭Richard tea

I need to expand storage on the xbox one s. What spec hardrive would you suggest. 1 TB should be enough as i can delete some of the games as i go.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

I need to expand storage on the xbox one s. What spec hardrive would you suggest. 1 TB should be enough as i can delete some of the games as i go.

Well the interface will have to be USB 3.1 Gen 1 and I suppose you could buy a higher cache HD if you wanted but you don't really have to.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,991 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

western digital passport series are a popular choice here - size wise, you may as well go to 2tb as the price difference is minimal.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭Richard tea

Ok thanks for the info

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Had my first ever crash on the Xbox One while playing the DLC Bad Blood for Watch Dogs. I was doing a side quest and had to download a file got the file and water was right behind me so I said I will jump in and swim to safety as soon as I hit the water it just crashed. I'm used to having crashes on PC but it's the first time on the Xbox. Afair I never had any crashes on my 360 years ago and I never downloaded any updates for games either back then.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭amadablam

Famous last words :D

We have all said that!

Personally, I went with 3 x 2TB as I think having more than 2TB of files to redownload if the drive corrupted, would drive me insane on my broadband connection :o

As the lads mentioned, you are as well off getting a 2TB for the sake of it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

Sorry if this has been discussed previously but just wondering has anyone noticed the recent players list seems to be way out of sync on the Xbox lately?

Either most players no longer appear or I see Recent players showing from 1/2 days ago?

It use to be bang on the money.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,954 ✭✭✭Liamalone

joe123 wrote: »
    Sorry if this has been discussed previously but just wondering has anyone noticed the recent players list seems to be way out of sync on the Xbox lately?

Either most players no longer appear or I see Recent players showing from 1/2 days ago?

It use to be bang on the money.

It has been like that for the past month or so for me, gone to pot is has :(

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭feelgoodinc27

Has anyone a link to contact Microsoft support about Microsoft rewards?

Got an email about a free sweepstakes entry and they still deducted the points. The support link on the rewards page only leads to page not found.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Has anyone a link to contact Microsoft support about Microsoft rewards?

Got an email about a free sweepstakes entry and they still deducted the points. The support link on the rewards page only leads to page not found.

The support link works for me, perhaps try a different browser?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭maximoose

Been using topcashback for ages and only now do I realise that you can get cashback on digital purchases from ms store, feck sake.

7%, not too shabby.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

maximoose wrote:
    Been using topcashback for ages and only now do I realise that you can get cashback on digital purchases from ms store, feck sake.

Does it work if you buy from foreign stores?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭maximoose

I clicked through from Topcashback and it brought me to the GB store.

Then changed the "en-gb" in the URL to "en-IE", made two purchases. Both tracked at the £ price (-VAT)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,834 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

How's the single player in Doom, it's cheap on Amazon and might grab it with Wolfenstein The New Order.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

ThisRegard wrote: »
    How's the single player in Doom, it's cheap on Amazon and might grab it with Wolfenstein The New Order.

Doom is great. Wolfenstein is a must buy, it's excellent. You can't like one and not the other.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,834 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Cool. Haven't played Doom since the original in the 90s (along with the original Wolfenstein) with the Simpsons skin. I got The New Colossus today for cheap, well €29, but having read the original New Colossus thread in the General Gaming forum I'm thinking I should play that first now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

ThisRegard wrote: »
    Cool. Haven't played Doom since the original in the 90s (along with the original Wolfenstein) with the Simpsons skin. I got The New Colossus today for cheap, well €29, but having read the original New Colossus thread in the General Gaming forum I'm thinking I should play that first now.

The New Order came out first and then The Old Blood. It's a prequel to New Order which is about six hours minimum depending on the difficulty and how much of the collectibles you want to get. It's not really a big deal which to play first but i think you should start with the Old Blood and work from there for the timeline. Keep an eye on then deals on the Xbox marketplace. They are nearly always on sale as part of a bundle for €25 or less.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

When i pull the right trigger on my controller from it’s resting position there’s a very slight sticky feeling. It’s driving me mad. It’s basically when you first pull it it feels like there’s glue on it inside. Does anyone know how to fix it?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

Hi
    Help needed please.

My son has Xbox one. He has a child account. It won’t let him play mine craft anymore.
    Says
    Minecraft Xbox one edition is not currently available.

We go to install it and it says it’s Installed

Then it says

Do you own this game or app?
    If you have disc insert niw. If ourchased in-line loginti xbox live. If you don’t have rights get them from Microsoft.

What do I need to do please?

Disc is inserted by the way

Same thing happens if I try on my parent profile

He was able to play before

• Registered Users Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

Lisha wrote: »
    Hi
    Help needed please.

My son has Xbox one. He has a child account. It won’t let him play mine craft anymore.
    Says

Then it says

If you have disc insert niw. If ourchased in-line loginti xbox live. If you don’t have rights get them from Microsoft.

Try doing a hard reset. Hold down the power button on the front of the console for 10 seconds.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Lisha wrote: »
    Hi
    Help needed please.

Says

Then it says

Try looking here first. Also, do a hard reset, it often solves problems like this. Follow the steps for "Physically power cycle the console".

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

Thsnks all . I did the hard rest and he is now playing Minecraft.... I didn’t think it would as he is good to power it down but I now realize they are different.
    My poor 10 year old I feel very sorry for him. I’m so not a gamer at all and I’m no help to him.
    Im totally freaked out about Xbox Live and I’ve his security settings very tight (he is invisible online asfaik and while I’m afraid he is missing out I just think he is too young for online activity. )

I can’t bloody wait until he is old enough tbh.

Thsnks fir all yere help. 😄

Anyone else have a look at their stats in the Xbox Year in Review yoke?

Apparently I'm in the top 1% for gamerscore and achievements this year (in my region, en-gb), with 683 hours played. It's only ten months worth of data as well, so it's probably a small bit more by now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭finglashoop

CatInABox wrote: »
    Anyone else have a look at their stats in the Xbox Year in Review yoke?

Apparently I'm in the top 1% for gamerscore and achievements this year (in my region, en-gb), with 683 hours played. It's only ten months worth of data as well, so it's probably a small bit more by now.

Never knew there was such a thing

2120 hours played- 1200 of them on Cod: black ops / ww2

Top 1% of hours played

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement