Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Milk Price III

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,908 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

Water John wrote: »
    Sorry to tell you, Keepgrowing. They really don't care. What you think, the IFA or ICMSA.
    West Cork have some decency. They will push ahead.
    Do you think would any of the west cork creameries have any inrerest in collecting milk from Louth :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,841 ✭✭✭mf240

They were never going to rise it any more than 2 at a time.

Good solids will take the bad look off it.

There is some real hardship being endured in new Zealand at the moment. You'd think you had it tough here at least we don't have earthquakes to contend with.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,841 ✭✭✭mf240

whelan2 wrote: »
    Do you think would any of the west cork creameries have any inrerest in collecting milk from Louth :rolleyes:

Ye would need a translator :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

You got the perfect co-op to supply only afew miles up the boarder from ya.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

mf240 wrote: »
    They were never going to rise it any more than 2 at a time.

Good solids will take the bad look off it.

There is some real hardship being endured in new Zealand at the moment. You'd think you had it tough here at least we don't have earthquakes to contend with.
    It's tough there atm alright.

As one lad there put it last night, the fantastic soils they have there are a consequence of volcanic activity so there has to be some drawbacks from that benefit.

Thankfully deaths were very low there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,611 ✭✭✭Mooooo

I take it the top up is added after solids adjustment? Base price should be 28 minimum not a mind that top up bollixing

• Registered Users Posts: 21,064 ✭✭✭✭Water John

Funny, I'm a strong believer in the coop ethos, niavely maybe. But it's a two way relationship. Not all take.
    Time for people to look after No 1. Maybe moreso, your family comes first.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,787 ✭✭✭GrasstoMilk

Funny, I'm a strong believer in the coop ethos, niavely maybe. But it's a two way relationship. Not all take.
    Time for people to look after No 1. Maybe moreso, your family comes first.

How do you suggest Is done? Locked into an MSA not much you can do

Don't know when your locked into, 2019? Then what notice do you have to give? Start making enquiries. Moving isn't for everyone for various reasons. But if a significant % give notice, things could alter more than you think.

Don't know when your locked into, 2019? Then what notice do you have to give? Start making enquiries. Moving isn't for everyone for various reasons. But if a significant % give notice, things could alter more than you think.

You can give notice of your intention to leave 5yrs after you signed up to the msa, and from then you have 2years before you can leave. The msas 1st came out in Jan 2012, if you signed it straight away you can give notice as of this Jan, if it wasn't until June then you have to wait till next June. That's my interpretation of it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 665 ✭✭✭OverRide

Nope Tim
    You can leave after 5 years as long as you give 2 years notice on the 3rd anniversary of the MSA

Timmaay wrote: »
    You can give notice of your intention to leave 5yrs after you signed up to the msa, and from then you have 2years before you can leave. The msas 1st came out in Jan 2012, if you signed it straight away you can give notice as of this Jan, if it wasn't until June then you have to wait till next June. That's my interpretation of it.
    Msa runs from 1st January 2015, so 2 years nearly done now. Can give in notice in January 2018 is my understanding. Edited to say just read it there, the supplier may terminate the agreement by giving not less than 2 years notice in writing , provided notice is not given prior to January 2018.

OverRide wrote: »
    Nope Tim
    You can leave after 5 years as long as you give 2 years notice on the 3rd anniversary of the MSA

Sorry your totally right, I was confusing 5years with 7years ha.

Timmaay wrote: »
    Sorry your totally right, I was confusing 5years with 7years ha.
    5 years is long enough :cool:

12 months is long enough. ICOS say 90 days notice. I would say 30 days eg each December.

Time for people to make sure they never get locked in like this again. It's not in your interest.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,898 ✭✭✭alps

Msa runs from 1st January 2015, so 2 years nearly done now. Can give in notice in January 2018 is my understanding. Edited to say just read it there, the supplier may terminate the agreement by giving not less than 2 years notice in writing , provided notice is not given prior to January 2018.

If you give notice to terminate the glanbia contract, are you disqualified from any further coop top ups from that day on? Could cost quiet a bit of money to get out if that is the case..

If you give notice to leave and after the 2 years you do not leave at that date, do you have to resubmit your notice and wait another 2 years again?

alps wrote: »
    If you give notice to terminate the glanbia contract, are you disqualified from any further coop top ups from that day on? Could cost quiet a bit of money to get out if that is the case..

If you give notice to leave and after the 2 years you do not leave at that date, do you have to resubmit your notice and wait another 2 years again?
    I have just reread the msa and cant see it mentioned about top ups.
    On your second point ....Where a supplier has given the termination notice , the supplier is precluded from giving a further termination notice for a period of 2 years from the date of the previous notice. If the supplier is not a member of the society (at the time the notice is given) , GiiL may terminate this agreement by not less than five years notice in writing provided such notice was not given prior to 31/12/19

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭Fixture

12 months is long enough. ICOS say 90 days notice. I would say 30 days eg each December.

Time for people to make sure they never get locked in like this again. It's not in your interest.

Guys in U.K. who moved around might be worth talking to, not a great place to be when market is weak. Some of them got hammered with B prices, peak limits etc. There has to be a middle ground.

UK is not comparable. Has anyone in Aus or NZ had a problem?
    Since these are the farmers and their operations we always benchmark against.
    Look to USA, Canada France as well.
    No scarmongering.

• Advertisement

Australia has had issues. Dunno about nz but that's more or less a monopoly anyway. US has had issues also there was an article a while back about a couple of farms in New York left with no processor to buy their milk as original one had enough and didn't renew contract. Herds culled and/ or milk spilled. Canada is a totally protected market with the way there quota system works

• Registered Users Posts: 6,135 ✭✭✭kowtow

mf240 wrote:
    Ye would need a translator

Sounds a bit far to go. We might have to tax the lorries.

There is plenty spare capacity in the system here. All analysis showed that 2 X 7.5 tone driers would take our extra production. Those have gone into Bellview and Mallow. So all other expansion by the other processors is a bonus.

Don't really be taken in by the cries that the factory is full.

Why would they build steel that wasn't needed?

https://twitter.com/FarmersGuardian/status/798549301043478528
    A few lads up north must be reading boards with freedom's idea of stopping supply before Xmas.

I'm just giving the stats based on the projected increased output nationally,
    15/hr drying capacity. Bellview and Mallow, the two big investments, equal that.
    I think it is also fair to conclude that the suppliers to Glanbia and Dairygold took a hit for those capital programmes in the past 18 months.

Doubt if they will go ahead of the pack when the bulk of the payment is made, TBH.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,135 ✭✭✭kowtow

Mooooo wrote:
    A few lads up north must be reading boards with freedom's idea of stopping supply before Xmas.

I see that reported again this morning. 250 suppliers?

Will be interesting to see how it plays out.

Reading the sorry story of these MSAs and their asymmetric terms is depressing, so far from the original ethos of the cooperative movement.

We should be building a cooperative movement for the 21st century and beyond, not drawing the marrow out of the one we have under cover of "investment".

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭6480

kowtow wrote: »
    I see that reported again this morning. 250 suppliers?

Will be interesting to see how it plays out.

Reading the sorry story of these MSAs and their asymmetric terms is depressing, so far from the original ethos of the cooperative movement.

We should be building a cooperative movement for the 21st century and beyond, not drawing the marrow out of the one we have under cover of "investment".

At least they are talking about doing a strike while us lads down south wouldn't even threaten our co op s

• Registered Users Posts: 11,026 ✭✭✭✭mahoney_j

6480 wrote: »
    At least they are talking about doing a strike while us lads down south wouldn't even threaten our co op s

A tad unfair ,lads are great to talk here and amongst one another etc but when it comes down to actually organising and turning up to a protest most of us are sheep and all talk .excuse after excuse rolled out

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Keepgrowing

6480 wrote: »

Would you dump your milk for a few days?

Advertisement