Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Last Word

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,405 ✭✭✭JoeA3

Conor Faughnan has carved out a niche for himself as the go-to expert on virtually any motoring topic...

... all off reading out the AA Traffic reports a couple of decades ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Pedalare Pedalare!

JoeA3 wrote: »
    Conor Faughnan has carved out a niche for himself as the go-to expert on virtually any motoring topic...

... all off reading out the AA Traffic reports a couple of decades ago.

I'd love to see a running tally of how many times he appears on prime time radio programmes in Ireland across a week.

I'd say average is 6.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭delaad

AnthonyCny wrote: »
    I like Matt but he's cringe when he talks about Trump

If he's cringe about anything, he's cringe about sport. Cliche-ridden, negative, begrudging, hasn't a sporting instinct in his being.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,030 ✭✭✭jezzer

Is Patrick Freyne all in it?

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭Breaston Plants

jezzer wrote: »
    Is Patrick Freyne all in it?

Sounds like someone is tickling his balls, always about to start laughing. ...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,834 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

unusual team but worth a listen

Nope, it's not.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,200 ✭✭✭TheDavester

Jesus the students are bad on the quiz he's doing

• Registered Users Posts: 5,370 ✭✭✭pconn062

Still one of the best shows on the radio in my opinion. Cooper (while sometimes a little populist) still knows his politics and can give a good a grilling as anyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭rogercross

Many have said this already but that cringe 6 at 6 thing needs to go, just because she says "yes matt" or "thats right matt" before reading off the news in that drone of a voice does not make it sound like a real conversation

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,834 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

I like the 5 at 5, 6 at 6 bits.

• Advertisement

rogercross wrote: »
    Many have said this already but that cringe 6 at 6 thing needs to go, just because she says "yes matt" or "thats right matt" before reading off the news in that drone of a voice does not make it sound like a real conversation

It sounds like a father lecturing his daughter imho

• Registered Users Posts: 2,850 ✭✭✭dominatinMC

Disclaimer: I like The Last Word, and think Matt does a good job with it. However, some of the regular guests can really irritate, two prime examples being Jennifer Gannon (TV slot) and Nick Webb (Business). Both annoying for different reasons but, lead to the same result - me turning off the radio

rogercross wrote: »

Awwwlroight MATT!

Awwwlroight MATT!

Fing aboute Chowsea Maahh, nafink!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lawro when he wants to say something..... Mahh, Mahh - yes mark...

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,707 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

Fing aboute Chowsea Maahh, nafink!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Careful now.

See that insufferable eejit nick webb is now with joe.ie whats that all about?

Awful site , More pro femiminazi , Conor mcgregor and click bait stories

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭MyPeopleDrankTheSoup

agree with OP, shocking amount of ads these days

• Registered Users Posts: 6,144 ✭✭✭Passenger

What happened to Cal's wife does anybody know? I heard Matt offer condolences to him on yesterday's show.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

Passenger wrote: »
    What happened to Cal's wife does anybody know? I heard Matt offer condolences to him on yesterday's show.

Passed away on Saturday. http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2017/feb/12/charlotte-ray-thomas-wife-of-washington-times-colu/

• Registered Users Posts: 17,291 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Definitely one of the biggest spanners I've heard on radio in a long time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭djemba djemba

Definitely one of the biggest spanners I've heard on radio in a long time.

We had at least three buckets of cash references from Nick on Monday night. Having a business news slot isn't a bad idea but like the the 5 at 5 stuff, just tell us the news and move on.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,822 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Nick is a tremendous bellend.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭djemba djemba

The last word has now jumped the shark...playing clips from Al porter earlier today. The end of the last word as we know it is soon

• Registered Users Posts: 3,834 ✭✭✭statto25

This might be a rhetorical question but what the hell is Paul Kimmages problem. He was beyond rude to Mark Lawrenson there and kept referring to him as 'Expert'. Did they have a bit of a spat?

Kimmage is just one of those individuals who is constantly mad as hell with the world. Massive chip on the man's shoulder(s) for one reason or another.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,834 ✭✭✭statto25

It must be a massive chip to be such a toolbox on national radio. I would say Lawrenson was livid after segment finished. He didn't seem to answer Kimmage towards the end.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Kimmage is just one of those individuals who is constantly mad as hell with the world. Massive chip on the man's shoulder(s) for one reason or another.

A chip on his shoulder?

More like a whole spud!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,850 ✭✭✭dominatinMC

statto25 wrote: »
    This might be a rhetorical question but what the hell is Paul Kimmages problem. He was beyond rude to Mark Lawrenson there and kept referring to him as 'Expert'. Did they have a bit of a spat?

Mark Lawrenson is the most sarcastic, know-it-all pundit out there. No harm at all in bringing him down a peg or two!

Advertisement