Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Xbox Headset Discussion

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

rottie 11 wrote: »
    This is what is says in that link "To receive game audio with a third-party headset for Xbox 360, connect headset to your Xbox One via Optical Cable or TV via RCA Cable; game audio not supported with Microsoft Xbox 360 headsets. Additional requirements may apply for full functionality"

So does that mean i wont be able to hear the game volume? Just chat volume unless i connect the red and white cables?

Is this the set you have ? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BUr-syWy9CQ&list=SRTritton%20Trigger%20Stereo%20Headset%20For%20XBox%20360%20-%20Product%20Information%20and%20Review

If so then you need nothing only the adaptor. No additional cables or anything, you will get both game and voice through it on the one.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

calex71 wrote: »
    Is this the set you have ? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BUr-syWy9CQ&list=SRTritton%20Trigger%20Stereo%20Headset%20For%20XBox%20360%20-%20Product%20Information%20and%20Review

If so then you need nothing only the adaptor. No additional cables or anything, you will get both game and voice through it on the one.

Ya thats the one. Ok thanks man

• Registered Users Posts: 1,650 ✭✭✭Muppet Man

Dont know if posted already... but FWIW, I have a turtle beach headset (not sure of exact model) and the xbox one Adapter on the controller... i dont know if other people have experienced the same thing, but my microphone didnt seem to work at all on the turtle beach when on the xbox one... which annoyed me no end. My friends in party chat said it sounded like I was talking from a long way away in a toilet. I tested it against the 360 controller and it worked fine, so just assumed there was something wrong with either the xbox one adapter or the controller itself.

The problem it turns out was that my voice was going through the microphone on the Kinnect... and not the microphone on the turtle beach headset. The only solution I could come up with is to switch off the Kinnect on xbox one system menu, and turn the controller on and off. Not such a big deal as I dont use the Kinnect anyway. Hope it helps someone else.

Regards
    Muppet Man

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Muppet Man wrote: »
    Dont know if posted already... but FWIW, I have a turtle beach headset (not sure of exact model) and the xbox one Adapter on the controller... i dont know if other people have experienced the same thing, but my microphone didnt seem to work at all on the turtle beach when on the xbox one... which annoyed me no end. My friends in party chat said it sounded like I was talking from a long way away in a toilet. I tested it against the 360 controller and it worked fine, so just assumed there was something wrong with either the xbox one adapter or the controller itself.

The problem it turns out was that my voice was going through the microphone on the Kinnect... and not the microphone on the turtle beach headset. The only solution I could come up with is to switch off the Kinnect on xbox one system menu, and turn the controller on and off. Not such a big deal as I dont use the Kinnect anyway. Hope it helps someone else.

Regards
    Muppet Man

Could you not have just disabled the 'Use Kinect for voice chat' option? I'm sure that's an option?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭maximoose

Was looking around today after digging out my turtle beaches at the weekend, and disappointed with the severe lack of wireless headset options for the Xbox One. Have been looking at these, they seemed to review well at launch bar a fault with the mic which has been patched out.. but I haven't really heard much about them. They look the part, but has anyone any experience with them?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,990 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

maximoose wrote: »
    Have you got on to where you bought it from? Seems rare TBH, haven't heard much complaints about the XB1 sticks.

Was looking around today after digging out my turtle beaches at the weekend, and disappointed with the severe lack of wireless headset options for the Xbox One. Have been looking at these, they seemed to review well at launch bar a fault with the mic which has been patched out.. but I haven't really heard much about them. They look the part, but has anyone any experience with them?

I think turtle beach have a new wireless set launching at the start of next month - might be worth a google.

Edit: here you go

https://www.turtlebeach.com/product-detail/xbox-one-headsets/ear-force-stealth-500x/552

Cheers!

They look great. But $229 not so great :pac:

I'm still not fully convinced by 5.1/7.1 claims from headsets so don't want to spend a fortune. Lower-end stereo with good depth are fine by me. I have a pair of X12s at the minute which are great, but the wires are bugging me!

Perhaps I'll just be nice to the OH and put those on my Christmas list :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,990 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Cheers!

They look great. But $229 not so great :pac:

I'm still not fully convinced by 5.1/7.1 claims from headsets so don't want to spend a fortune. Lower-end stereo with good depth are fine by me. I have a pair of X12s at the minute which are great, but the wires are bugging me!

Perhaps I'll just be nice to the OH and put those on my Christmas list :)

Yeah I have x12's as well, the cables would drive you demented. Id be happy to just have the chat cable myself, I always seem to be getting tangled up in the other one.
    I picked up a turtle beach surround sound box off a seller on ebay for about 30euros, it made a little bit of a difference, but not crazily so. Some games just have better sound design than others.

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭gizabeer

Hi Lads , Are Turtle Beach headsets worth the money ? as in break easily ? I was thinking of ordering these https://www.videogamesplus.ca/turtle-beach-ear-force-stealth-500x-xbox-one-p-22254.html?osCsid=0043f303e4244bb19f86ff763d89db11 ,

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭firestarter51

I got the x04's from Amazon
    Great headset and wireless
    It's linked further back in the thread

• Advertisement

gizabeer wrote: »
    Hi Lads , Are Turtle Beach headsets worth the money ? as in break easily ? I was thinking of ordering these https://www.videogamesplus.ca/turtle-beach-ear-force-stealth-500x-xbox-one-p-22254.html?osCsid=0043f303e4244bb19f86ff763d89db11 ,

Thanks

Build quality they are pretty solid, haven't had any issues with my old set or heard of anyone else having trouble.

Are they worth €220? I don't know about that :)

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭gizabeer

Build quality they are pretty solid, haven't had any issues with my old set or heard of anyone else having trouble.

Are they worth €220? I don't know about that :)

Can get them for about 160 delivered from Videogamesplus so not too bad.
    Thanks for the info

$229 CDN on VGP, plus $35 for delivery (around €180 in total) and likely to be hit for ~€42 import duty!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

gizabeer wrote: »

Thanks

I find Turtle Beach make solid headsets. I have been using them for years.

The 500x headset isn't out yet so I am waiting to view reviews but this headset is on my buy list for the moment.

500x
    Completely wireless with no adapter needed for the XB1 controller.
    Voice chat feedback
    Surround Sound

XO seven & XO four
    Wireless however wired from the controller to headset
    No voice feedback
    No surround sound
    The sevens do have a more comfortable earcup than the fours.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,320 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

What's the best sub €100 wired set for Xbox One? Have the Turtle Beach Ear Force X41 from the 360 but there's so much interference on them. Not sure if it's their age or that I have too much WiFi pollution.

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Furp

The turtle beach xo fours are pretty good being using then for a few weeks now. Before then I only had an old no brand 360 headset and/or my Ajay fours. The ear cups on the xo fours I find comfortable abd are good at isolating external noise. Expect to jump when someone touches your shoulder.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭TheGunns

Will there ever be a proper native headset for xb1? I literally don't have a clue about headsets but all I know is I can't find one that doesn't use an adapter :o

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,127 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

TheGunns wrote: »
    Will there ever be a proper native headset for xb1? I literally don't have a clue about headsets but all I know is I can't find one that doesn't use an adapter :o

Turtle Beach are bringing out a wireless one soon apparently. Pricey though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

Is the turtle beach xo one an ok headset , i know there would be much better ones but it woud be decent enough?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,316 ✭✭✭naughto

The red and white go into the back of the TV while the chat runs from the adapter to the headset.

If you don't have a TV with the red and white stero audio input use the adapter below.

In my case I feed the red and white into this and then plug it into the earphones port of your TV.

adaptor-y-jack-35mm---2xrca-686238_big.jpeg

What is this adabter called that goes in to earphones port?

• Advertisement

naughto wrote: »
    What is this adabter called that goes in to earphones port?
    It's a 3.5mm to 2 RCA Adapter

• Registered Users Posts: 7,316 ✭✭✭naughto

It's a 3.5mm to 2 RCA Adapter
    Gud man thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭madcabbage

Looks like the cable from the xbox one headset adapter is bust, I can talk and my buddies can hear me but I can't anyone else!! Can I just buy any regular 3.5mm to 2mm cable or do I have to get an official one? I use turtle beach PX5's.

madcabbage wrote: »
    Looks like the cable from the xbox one headset adapter is bust, I can talk and my buddies can hear me but I can't anyone else!! Can I just buy any regular 3.5mm to 2mm cable or do I have to get an official one? I use turtle beach PX5's.

This has been happening a lot to me lately on xbox one, I don't think your cable is broken!

I've had to leave and rejoin parties 1 or 2 times every time for the last week or so. They can hear me, but I can't hear them. Others had the same problem.

This has been happening a lot to me lately on xbox one, I don't think your cable is broken!

I've had to leave and rejoin parties 1 or 2 times every time for the last week or so. They can hear me, but I can't hear them. Others had the same problem.

I though that might have been the case but I think the cable is the culprit here, swapped to the wired one that came with the console and could hear everybody again. I'll try again today and see what happens. So annoyed, have had this headset for 3 years without a problem!! :mad:

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,127 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Have had similar problems too.

Quick workaround is to select game chat from inside the party options then back to party chat. Toggle it on and off.

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Furp

Are you in the preview program, I know we have had issues with signal cutting out, but a reset of the game or hard rest of the xbox resolved.

Yes I am. I know of the chat problems. I've just inspected futher to find the cable from the headset to the adapter is defo the culprit, the one that control game volume and mute. Is it easy to replace these?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

I am having a real bugger of a time when I set up my headset. I have the Turtle Beach PX22 wired stereo headset (best headphones I ever had, for the record).
    • I have to plug the USB cable into the Xbox One
    • Then I have to plug headphone cable into something else (I can't plug it into my tv as I'm using a PC monitor with no speakers - awkward)
    • I used to use X41s, so I still have the wireless reciever for it.
    • I have to plug the jack end of the PX22 into the headphone jack of the X41 receiver, then I have to plug the receiver into the USB slot!
    • THEN... I have to plug the digital cable of the receiver into the Xbox, so that I can actually have the sound turn on

Also, the wires are so variable in length that I have to make sure the wireless receiver is sitting somewhere where I can't kick it, and have to have it close to the Xbox because I can't have it being too far (digital cable is very short)

I wish things were easier.........

Advertisement