Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

St. Patricks Navan Rd Home - contact

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9 lovet123

Hi i am new to this i am looking to find person who was in st patrick hospital on the navan road
    In the year 1967 my nsme is lisa thank you

Hi i am new to this i am looking to find person who was in st patrick hospital on the navan road
    In the year 1967 my nsme is lisa thank you

Hi i am new to this i am looking for some who
    Was adopped from st pats and who was born there
    The year 1967 the 6 of april

Hi wonder what i to am8 looking
    For my sister who was born
    In st pats on the navan road on
    Year of 1967 spoke to suzzane oreilly
    Today because my mum has also passed
    Way there is a three year waiting list

Hi wonderwhat i am also new
    To this dont know what to do

• Advertisement

mary1963 wrote: »
    I was in st patricks home from late 1967 til may 1968 ? if i could be of any help to you pm me .

Hi mary i am also looking for some who was addoped
    From st patricks hospitl she was born there the
    Year 1968 but dont know how old she was when she was addoped ftom there wondering if you could help me also pm me back if you can

• Registered Users Posts: 1 harleyleeds

Hi , I have found out that my brother was born in st patricks in 1968. the exact date I will find as soon as i can pull his birth cert. his name givin by our mother is Patrick. I was adopted in 1967 having being born oct 1963. I figured the more places to look for him while trying to get adop cert and find him that way the better.

Hi saw you found your brother could you get me some more place to look

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Emergillespie

Hello,
    It was heartbreaking, reading all your messages. My Mother was in St Patricks in 1975, where my brother was born. I also have two other aunts who are birth mothers - so many stories in each family. I am an artist and have been working on a project supporting birth mothers share their stories for the last two years. I am currently looking for documents and photos from birth mothers time in these mother and baby homes. If any birth mothers feel they would like to share their story, I would also be happy to help
    Thanks
    Emer x

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭kathy finn

Hi if you know your siblings date of birth, you then need to look through the adoption books in GRO by date of birth to find adopted name, then order adoption cert from roscommon which will give adopted parents names and address at time of adoption. check out adoption rights alliance traceing guides

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 jacqui63m

Hi, my grandmother, Vera Flood, was a carer at St Patrick's for many years. I believe that my aunts Marie (Flood) Moreland and Patty(Flood) Kiernan worked there for a while too. Sadly they have all passed away but I would love to find someone who may remember them especially my grandmother

She took me to the home once when I was about 7 or 8 (1970/71) I may have been a bit older, and I remember vividly the lines of cots with all the babies. Granny lifted up every one of them, telling me their names, their mammy's names, and then telling the babies how beautiful they were, giving them a kiss then saying "God bless" as she put them back in the cot. She just loved the place, or maybe it was the babies and their mammies!
    She always referred to the mammies as her babies. She felt so passionate about them, wishing she could help them, help them keep their babies.

She was the most kindest, most gentle of women I have ever known.

Does anyone remember her? Vera Flood

Jacqui

mary1963 wrote: »
    I was in st patricks home from late 1967 til may 1968 ? if i could be of any help to you pm me .

Hi there my mother Mary bray had my sister in St patricks hospital on the navan Rd in 26 of April 1968 I would really appreciate it if you have any information

• Registered Users Posts: 2 saskay60

reading all your stories my heart is broken xx i was an "in mate" in 79 , not a good experience had to lie and say i was giving up my baby so that i got treated a bit better plus got more money :( thankfully i managed to get out of there and move away and keep my child , i remember a lot of girls giving up their babies and not willingly :( still think of them now , ther but for the grace of god .....and all that hope you all get some peace love and hugs xx

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 11,302 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hermy

saskay60 wrote: »
    ...thankfully i managed to get out of there and move away and keep my child...

Well done saskay and thanks for sharing.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Registered Users Posts: 2 saskay60

Honestly Hermy , i still get cold chills when i think how close i came to being one of these heartbroken ladies :( i just can't believe how much control those homes had and how they can get way with what they did and that years and years later , people are still so badly effected by it :( I send love and angels to all xxx

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 11,302 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hermy

How they still get away with it is what bothers me.
    None of those with the power to properly deal with this are willing to do so.
    And in the meantime those of us affected by adoption are left to deal with it by ourselves.
    People will say there is help available but it is only on someone else's terms.
    It's past time that this was finally dealt with but the wait goes on...

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Janeg88

Hi I am looking for my brother who was born on the 14th of April 1977 in St Patrick's home Navan rd Dublin. My mother named him Michael Valentine. My Mothers name is Helena.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Flam1n1us

I am new to this but would appreciate any information. In the 50's / 60's were the babies born in St Pat's or did the mothers go to hospital to have them and then return with the baby to St Pat's until they were adopted?

• Registered Users Posts: 78,244 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Flam1n1us wrote: »
    I am new to this but would appreciate any information. In the 50's / 60's were the babies born in St Pat's or did the mothers go to hospital to have them and then return with the baby to St Pat's until they were adopted?
    I would imagine they were born at the home. http://www.thejournal.ie/readme/mother-and-baby-home-st-patricks-2380868-Oct2015/
    A maternity annex was added as well as a “heating, garden Infirmary“ (sic), and money for “improvements to the Catholic Chapel”. Later a maternity hospital was built and payments amounting to a total of £8,410 were made from Sweepstake Funds (see below for full details).

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭kathy finn

It would depend, most would be born in the home if birth was straightforward but if complicated then sent to hospital.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 Flam1n1us

Thank you for the link to that article Victor - very informative.Thanks Kathy - that would make sense all right
    I am trying to find information about private nursing homes and wondered if girls were in St Pats or other mother & baby homes in Dublin during the 50s and 60s, did they have their baby in the home, at the main maternity hospitals, or were they sent to registered midwives in the local area.

How to find out if a mother who had a baby in a private nursing home was a resident in St pats

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Sunburst19641

TRYING TO LOCATE ANYONE WHO MAY HAVE GIVEN BIRTH IN 1945 AT ST PATRICKS HOME NAVan road my mums mum give birth on the 09/02/1945 not sure how old she was but she was probably 15-18 when she give birth her name was Catherine mc quire and my mums name was kathleen then my mum was brought up in a nursing home she now lives in london my brother stephen has being researching his dna it came up with a irish connection on mums side and the name came up as a james flanagan and also a finn came up we think its our uncle still searching can anyone help as we would like to know if mum had anymore siblings or we could have cousins or 2 cousins thanks

Advertisement