Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

New App

13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,665 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

Ally Dick wrote: »
    I'm having this same issue but now i have received a text from BOI telling me that if i enter my pin incorrect once more then my account will be blocked!!
    My pin number is correct, it's the app that is the problem!
    I got the same message. Now I'm locked out, and have to ring B365. The app was down, but when it came back up, I was putting in the correct pin, and it was hanging. I then got the same text per above. Then I got locked out after one more "failed' attempt. The app was the problem, not my details
    Hi there, thanks for getting in touch with us here on Boards.ie. 

If you’ve been blocked out of your mobile app then you should still have one pin try remaining by logging on to www.365Online.com through a web browser. 

If you can log on to your online banking successfully this way your app should then be unblocked. 

If you need your User ID you can text the word USER to 50365 and you should receive a text back with your User ID. 

Alternatively it would be necessary to contact our customer service desk on 0818 365 365 and an advisor would be certainly be happy to help you. 

I hope this helps is helpful. Please don’t hesitate to get back in touch with us here if you’ve any further queries, we’ll certainly do our best to help. 

Thanks, Eve 
    Thanks Eve. All sorted now. I rang them and got it fixed. The app development team should be made aware that the count of incorrect attempts is incrementing, when the app is down, and that this is going to cause user block outs. Will be frustrating for customers who are already upset that the app is unavailable

• Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Eve

I'm having this same issue but now i have received a text from BOI telling me that if i enter my pin incorrect once more then my account will be blocked!!
    My pin number is correct, it's the app that is the problem!
    I got the same message. Now I'm locked out, and have to ring B365. The app was down, but when it came back up, I was putting in the correct pin, and it was hanging. I then got the same text per above. Then I got locked out after one more "failed' attempt. The app was the problem, not my details
    Hi there, thanks for getting in touch with us here on Boards.ie. 

If you’ve been blocked out of your mobile app then you should still have one pin try remaining by logging on to www.365Online.com through a web browser. 

If you can log on to your online banking successfully this way your app should then be unblocked. 

If you need your User ID you can text the word USER to 50365 and you should receive a text back with your User ID. 

Alternatively it would be necessary to contact our customer service desk on 0818 365 365 and an advisor would be certainly be happy to help you. 

I hope this helps is helpful. Please don’t hesitate to get back in touch with us here if you’ve any further queries, we’ll certainly do our best to help. 

Thanks, Eve 
    Thanks Eve. All sorted now. I rang them and got it fixed. The app development team should be made aware that the count of incorrect attempts is incrementing, when the app is down, and that this is going to cause user block outs. Will be frustrating for customers who are already upset that the app is unavailable
    Hi Ally Dick, thanks for getting back to us here. 

We’re happy to hear that this has been sorted for you! 

Please be assured that all feedback we received here get passed on to our development team in order for them to look into it further. 

If there’s anything else that we can do to help please feel free to get back to us here on Boards.ie. 

Thanks, Eve 

• Registered Users Posts: 1,894 ✭✭✭Ohmeha

I followed instructions and uninstalled my app, followed re-registration process and once completed I am now told on the app "your 365 account may be blocked" and that I have to phone B365. My B365 account still works as normal on my laptop. Now I've followed instructions to call 0818 365 365 and there is no option on the maze of menu options to unblock the app and nobody is available on 0818 200 362 past 5pm

We are 20 years into the 21st century, this level of service just isn't good enough

• Closed Accounts Posts: 265 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Megan

Ohmeha wrote: »
    I followed instructions and uninstalled my app, followed re-registration process and once completed I am now told on the app "your 365 account may be blocked" and that I have to phone B365. My B365 account still works as normal on my laptop. Now I've followed instructions to call 0818 365 365 and there is no option on the maze of menu options to unblock the app and nobody is available on 0818 200 362 past 5pm

We are 20 years into the 21st century, this level of service just isn't good enough
    Hi Ohmeha,

Thank you for getting in touch with us here on Boards.ie.

I am really sorry to hear you feel this way and I understand this has already been very time consuming for you.

If the app is indicating that it may be blocked, I would recommend to contact my colleagues on the Mobile Team on 0818200362. They are available 10am-4pm and they would be more than happy to look into this further for you. 

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. I will be sure to pass it on. If there is anything else we can help with, please get in touch. 

Many thanks,
    Megan

• Registered Users Posts: 19,015 ✭✭✭✭adox

App not working again.  

Let me guess. More maintenance.  

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭massy086

App down again

• Registered Users Posts: 12,084 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Not working for me also.
    Not sure which is worse lately, boi app or boards website.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 487 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Aisling

Hi There, 

Thanks for getting in touch with us here on Boards.ie. 

We were aware that some customers using our new mobile app were experiencing difficulties, this has since been resolved. 

Thanks, Aisling

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭maxsmum

My app still down 2 days later. I don't have desktop access during the day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland Reps

maxsmum wrote: »
    My app still down 2 days later. I don't have desktop access during the day.
    Hi Maxsmum, thanks for getting in touch with us here on Boards.ie. 

We’re very sorry to hear about the difficulties you’re having accessing your mobile app recently. We can certainly understand your frustration in relation to this. 

We’d recommend contacting our Mobile Migration Team directly on 0818 200 362 and an Advisor would certainly be able to look into this for you further. 

I hope this information helps. If you’ve any further queries please don’t hesitate to get back in touch with us here, we’ll certainly do our best to help. 

Thanks, Eve 

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15 FarmerBob

I'm in same boat...i can log in using browser or mobile app on a tablet..but mobile app on phone tells me my account might be blocked???
    Assistance please...

[quote="Bank of Ireland:
    Eve;114167426"]Hi there, thanks for getting back to us here. 

You should be able to log on to www.365Online.com through the web browser on your phone, you wouldn’t necessarily need to log on through a desktop or laptop each time. 

If you’re still having issues logging in to your app then we’d recommend contacting our customer service desk on 0818 200 362 and an advisor would certainly be able to look into this for you further. 

I hope this information helps. If there’s anything else we can do to help please don’t hesitate to get back in touch with us here on Boards.ie. 

Thanks, Eve [/quote]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 487 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Aisling

FarmerBob wrote: »
    I'm in same boat...i can log in using browser or mobile app on a tablet..but mobile app on phone tells me my account might be blocked???
    Assistance please...
    Originally posted by "Bank of Ireland: Eve
    Hi there, thanks for getting back to us here. 

You should be able to log on to www.365Online.com through the web browser on your phone, you wouldn’t necessarily need to log on through a desktop or laptop each time. 

If you’re still having issues logging in to your app then we’d recommend contacting our customer service desk on 0818 200 362 and an advisor would certainly be able to look into this for you further. 

I hope this information helps. If there’s anything else we can do to help please don’t hesitate to get back in touch with us here on Boards.ie. 

Thanks, Eve 
    Hi There, 

I'm very sorry to hear you are experiencing difficulties logging into your Mobile App. In this instance, it would be best to link in with our Mobile App Team on 0818 200 362. One of my colleagues will be more than happy to help. 

Thanks, Aisling

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭lomb

I'm very happy with app. Much better than previous app and works well for me on my Moto G6.

Is this new app Android only?

lomb wrote: »
    I'm very happy with app. Much better than previous app and works well for me on my Moto G6.
    Hi lomb, 

Thanks for getting in touch, it's nice to hear from you again. 

I am delighted to hear you're happy with the New Mobile App. I will be sure to pass your lovely feedback onto the relevant department. 

Have a great day and take care.

Many thanks,
    Megan

Is this new app Android only?
    Good morning ReginaldSmythV,

The Android app is now available to customers. The Apple iPhone app will be rolled out on a phased basis in the coming weeks.

When the app is available for you, you'll receive a notification via your app store. If you have auto updates set up, you'll see the new app the next time you log in. 

I hope this information helps!

Have a nice day.

Many thanks, 
    Megan

App not working for me all morning. Anyone else?

adox wrote: »
    App not working for me all morning. Anyone else?
    Good morning adox,

Thanks for reaching out to us here on Boards.ie.

We are aware that customers using our new mobile app were experiencing difficulties this morning. This has since been rectified and you should have full access to the Android App this morning.

We apologise for any inconvenience caused.

I hope this helps. If you have any further queries, please feel free to get in touch!

Many thanks,
    Megan  

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭nicnac

COME ON!!!!!!!!!
    IT'S DOWN AGAIN - BLANK WHITE SCREEN.

JESUS CHRIST

nicnac wrote: »
    COME ON!!!!!!!!!

JESUS CHRIST
    Hi nicnac, thanks for your post here on Boards.ie. 

We understand that some customers are experiencing difficulties logging in to their mobile app. 

Please be assured that this is being looked into as a high priority at the moment. 

You should still be able to access your online banking by logging on to www.365Online.com through a web browser. 

If there’s anything else we can help you with please don’t hesitate to get back in touch with us here. 

Thanks, Eve 

• Advertisement

nicnac wrote: »
    COME ON!!!!!!!!!

JESUS CHRIST
    Ha same here again!

Thankfully I`m in the process of leaving but still an absolute pain.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,084 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Getting this.

Screenshot-20200918-132450.jpgplaces open all night

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭redoctober

Am finding problems with this app since I downloaded it.  It is generally much slower than the old app and sometimes times out and I have to close it and reopen.  Overall, poor performance so far.  This is on Samsung Galaxy S6.

Hi all, thanks for reaching out to us here on Boards.ie. 

We are aware that customers using our new mobile app are experiencing difficulties. 

Customers can still access full online payment services by logging on to www.365Online.com through a web browser. 

Please be assured that we are working to fix this issue and will provide customers with updates. 

Thanks, Eve 

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭nicnac

I'd say that this app is unsafe to use. If it is so poorly tested then who knows what security breaches are possible. It is not a good sign at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Mumm_ra

Your App is a disgrace. Cant log in, when you do it says you have no internet (when everything else is working) can you just give up and roll back to the old one - the swipe to approve gimmick is pathetic

• Registered Users Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭carveone

I notice in the leaflet about "simplifying charges" that the plan is to enforce a link between using your credit card online and online banking. To do one you'll be required to do the other. Using this app.

Many years ago I worked for a company where introducing this kind of multi-level dependency practically destroyed their support centre. We went from coping ok to complete insanity (I quit a few months later). The company no longer exists.

I only mention this because it may be prudent of BOI to perform an analysis on how a customer making a simple online purchase may result in a support call. Support calls don't scale (ask Eir) and you don't want purchases to result in them.

Online card fraud is always an ongoing concern but many companies (eg: Paypal, Amazon, Social Welfare) are using one time PINs texted to mobiles as an authentication solution in preference to creating dependencies on apps or "one time password" type hardware.

Just a thought. I'm also aware from my own support roles that support staff could never influence upper management decisions. At least I couldn't so a boards.ie post won't change anything. It'll be interesting to see what happens though!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭inthenip

To be honest its like an app a computer science student would do as their final year project.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,894 ✭✭✭Ohmeha

App has stopped working again this morning, once you enter 3 digits of your pin it freezes for approximately a minute befire you receive the "something went wrong' message, this is identical to general error that occurred a couple of months ago with Android.

I entered pin twice before I had to reinstall the app which worked, I think if you make three attempts it will consider that as separate login attempts and block you on the app.

Will BOI answer how on earth could this specific problem happen yet again with the BOI app?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Richard F

Ohmeha wrote: »
    App has stopped working again this morning, once you enter 3 digits of your pin it freezes for approximately a minute befire you receive the "something went wrong' message, this is identical to general error that occurred a couple of months ago with Android.

I entered pin twice before I had to reinstall the app which worked, I think if you make three attempts it will consider that as separate login attempts and block you on the app.

Will BOI answer how on earth could this specific problem happen yet again with the BOI app?
    Hi Ohmeha,

Thanks for checking this with us today. 

We're sorry to hear this. If deleting and reinstalling did not work, it would be best to get in touch with our dedicated app team on ROI Freephone 1800946156. One of our colleagues will be happy to check this further for you.

Thanks,
    Richard

Advertisement