Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Lidl Compressor

• 18-09-2020 12:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,268 ✭✭✭

I was looking at a compressor in my local lidl during the week. Anyone any experience of using them to seat tubeless tyres?

I could do with it for some DIY, but not really enough to justify on it's own. However, if it'd remove the need for tubeless track pump or airshot...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,864 ✭✭✭cletus

It'd be perfect for seating tubeless tyres

• Registered Users Posts: 1,718 ✭✭✭Large bottle small glass

cletus wrote: »
    It'd be perfect for seating tubeless tyres

I have a DIY* compressor which I wouldn't be without for tubeless tyres.

*it's mounted on the frame of a pram (of which I was the last passenger) and manovered with the gear stick of an Austin A40! One of a kind..

• Registered Users Posts: 935 ✭✭✭fatbhoy

Did anyone try the Lidl compressor? Is it powerful enough to pop the tubeless tyre onto the bead? It's the one for e15 that works off the cigarette lighter, isn't it? I was going to buy it the other day, but wasn't sure it would be good enough to seat a new tyre (I've awful problems seating my front wheel: I have to bring it to the local bike shop that has a compressor, even though I've one of those Topeak Tubibooster things which won't do it).

• Registered Users Posts: 9,268 ✭✭✭Macy0161

I was talking about the (relative) bigger one for operating tools etc. Didn't have them when I went back!

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭Peter T

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Parkside%C2%AE-Compressor-PKZ-Mobile-Handy/dp/B07XKPHD9H

I have this one that does the trick. No problem for tubeless

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 935 ✭✭✭fatbhoy

Peter T wrote: »
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/Parkside%C2%AE-Compressor-PKZ-Mobile-Handy/dp/B07XKPHD9H

I have this one that does the trick. No problem for tubeless

Okay I'll call over to your gaff whenever I need to pop on my tyre :pac:

Where do you live?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,542 ✭✭✭bassy

I have a DIY* compressor which I wouldn't be without for tubeless tyres.

*it's mounted on the frame of a pram (of which I was the last passenger) and manovered with the gear stick of an Austin A40! One of a kind..

any pics ??

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Crog

Has anyone tried using this compressor for spray painting? I was considering stripping the paint on my bike and respraying it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,864 ✭✭✭cletus

Crog wrote: »
    Has anyone tried using this compressor for spray painting? I was considering stripping the paint on my bike and respraying it.

I've used a similar one for spray painting (although it wasn't a bike frame). Once you have the appropriate gun, paint, and thinners, you just need to set the pressure accordingly. You'll also want a water trap, and make sure you don't have an inline oiler attached

Give a little bit of thought as to where you're going to do it

Advertisement