Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

2020 Diamond League

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,015 ✭✭✭Itziger

4Ad wrote: »
    Ladies 1hr World Record for Hassan..

Gentlemen's record fell later.

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Unthought Known

OOnegative wrote: »
    Yeah always fantastic to see a juiced runner break a WR.........

Did he fail a test?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 873 ✭✭✭Casey78

Did he fail a test?

Lance Armstrong never failed a test either....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Swashbuckler

If a doorbell rings in an empty house, did it make a sound 😂

Casey78 wrote: »
    Lance Armstrong never failed a test either....

Your point is what? That we should consider every good athlete a cheat?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,283 Mod ✭✭✭✭yerwanthere123

Your point is what? That we should consider every good athlete a cheat?

More so that the "they never failed a test" argument is a stupid one.

More so that the "they never failed a test" argument is a stupid one.

Like I said then, by that logic we should consider all athletes cheats, not even just good athletes. Kipchoge, Gebrselassie, Bolt...... all "juiced". Every participant in any event.....all "juiced".

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭SuspectZero

Yeah always fantastic to see a juiced runner break a WR.........

Tbh.. in all probability, they were probably breaking the record of a juiced runner seeing as many of the World Records were from the EPO era late 90's to mid 00's. Think about this, in 1993.. the 10000m WR stood at 27:08.. 5 years later it was 26:22. Now it could be a huge coincidence that this massive drop occurred during a time period where an endurance superdrug was undetectable but maybe not.

The 5000m World Record stood at 12:58 in 1993... 5 years later it was 12:39. 5 years after that in the Paris WC 2003.. Bekele and Geb both went sub 13 for the second half of a 10k... they ran the second half in 12:57.. faster than Said Aouita's 5k World Record that was still standing in 1993(Aouita who in all likelihood was a doper seeing as he tried to push Australian athletes he was coaching to take HGH).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,834 ✭✭✭OOnegative

Tbh.. in all probability, they were probably breaking the record of a juiced runner seeing as many of the World Records were from the EPO era late 90's to mid 00's. Think about this, in 1993.. the 10000m WR stood at 27:08.. 5 years later it was 26:22. Now it could be a huge coincidence that this massive drop occurred during a time period where an endurance superdrug was undetectable but maybe not.

The 5000m World Record stood at 12:58 in 1993... 5 years later it was 12:39. 5 years after that in the Paris WC 2003.. Bekele and Geb both went sub 13 for the second half of a 10k... they ran the second half in 12:57.. faster than Said Aouita's 5k World Record that was still standing in 1993(Aouita who in all likelihood was a doper seeing as he tried to push Australian athletes he was coaching to take HGH).

I know your opinion on Mo is the complete opposite of mine and I respect that, I ain’t getting into an argument/discussion with you on the subject as, and I’m man enough to say it, it’s one I’d lose handsomely. Farah may have never tested positive for an illegal substance fair enough, but the door bell story/stories and his link to AS is enough evidence for me. I’ve seen and convicted lads with less!!

• Registered Users, Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,283 Mod ✭✭✭✭yerwanthere123

Caster Semenya has lost her appeal, meaning she'll only be allowed compete at next year's Olympics with either medication or surgery. Well that's if she doesn't move down to 200m or up to 5k..

• Advertisement

Ciara Mageean off the boil at the moment, last in Berlin 1500m today with a 4:12 time.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭IvoryTower

she seems to have peaked a few races ago, good season though, at least she had some cracking results, the weird season wasnt kind to many

• Registered Users Posts: 12,845 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

Its on bbc2 tonight

KSU wrote: »

Thanks for that! Had completely forgotten it was on tonight. Although nothing's really grabbing my attention to be honest. I presume Warholm will try going for the WR again, but nothing too major aside from that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭Ceepo

Some big runs there.
    Ugandan athletes are riding a crest of a wave at the moment.

Great to see Sean getting the pacing gig, and a chance to pick up a few bob.

• Registered Users Posts: 946 ✭✭✭KSU

Ceepo wrote: »
    Some big runs there.
    Ugandan athletes are riding a crest of a wave at the moment.

Great to see Sean getting the pacing gig, and a chance to pick up a few bob.

After that one I imagine he will secure a good few more on the circuit. Pacing was spot on and took them to 1700 and majority in the field PB'ed

- Fastest time in the world since 2007
    - 2nd fastest European time ever
    - New Aus Record smashing Mottram's record

• Registered Users Posts: 54,589 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Bubka’s WR gone!!!

walshb wrote: »
    Bubka’s WR gone!!!

He broke Bubka’s WR months ago, do some research walshy!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,845 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

That was the indoor he broke, now he broke the outdoor one

• Advertisement

That was the indoor he broke, now he broke the outdoor one

They’re counted as one record be it indoors or out. He merely improved on Bubka’s outdoor best record, his(Duplantis) WR stands at 6.18 still.

Pleased for Tobin, tbh. I know it mightn't be everyone's cup of tea but you got to be realistic too. A good way to make a living on the circuit.

Some fantastic performances.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭4Ad

Just finished watching I had forgotten all about it, Thanks all..
    Duplantis is great to watch, and what a run by Kiplimo...

For other reasons it's nice to see Visser and Levchenko win !!

• Registered Users Posts: 54,589 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Slow down!!

After that one I imagine he will secure a good few more on the circuit. Pacing was spot on and took them to 1700 and majority in the field PB'ed

- Fastest time in the world since 2007
    - 2nd fastest European time ever
    - New Aus Record smashing Mottram's record

Just after watching it there now. Had only seen the results earlier.
    Great race to watch. Absolutely fantastic pacing by Sean. Very complementary comments from Cram. Also great to see him wearing his club vest. (unusual in a diamond league race)
    Hopefully Nic Bideau will get him a few more gig's
    Next up for him is a 2 mile (i think) race in Barcelona..

• Registered Users Posts: 946 ✭✭✭KSU

Itziger wrote: »
    Pleased for Tobin, tbh. I know it mightn't be everyone's cup of tea but you got to be realistic too. A good way to make a living on the circuit.

Some fantastic performances.

I think there is another element to it. In terms of invitations to races it is extremely cliquey and unless you rank highly at championship races and fulfil quota's for certain World Athletics criteria for different levels of races or have good connections fact is it can be very hard to get into these sort of races.

It's no coincidence that the majority of Irish athletes who have gotten into bigger races on the circuit have had some connection to Bideau.

7.45, 3k for Sean tonight in Barcelona.. Great to see him running well.
    8.03 for Paul Robinson

Ceepo wrote: »
    7.45, 3k for Sean tonight in Barcelona.. Great to see him running well.
    8.03 for Paul Robinson

Can't find this meeting anywhere online, nevermind YouTube.

7.45 isn't too shabby.

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭MrSkinny

Itziger wrote: »
    Can't find this meeting anywhere online, nevermind YouTube.

7.45 isn't too shabby.

Here you go ... Meeting Ciutat de Barcelona 2020 - Men's 3000m

• Advertisement

MrSkinny wrote: »

Don't know how that wouldn't appear for me in YT. That was a perfect level of opposition for Tobin, they towed him along nicely. He did really well to hold onto the leading group there. Was dangling off the back a bit with 1km to go. Battled hard and got a decent time.

Someone with a calculator or head for paces and %s, how does that compare to the 5,000 PB for him? It's down as 13.53 or something from just a month ago. The 7.45 sounds more impressive, or am I reading it wrong?

Advertisement