Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Household Benefits Package

• 11-09-2020 1:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭

Hi,

my father recently passed away and so I am trying to get bills etc in check for my mother. My father used to collect the household benefits package but I now need to move that over to my mother. A letter was recently sent to her from An Post stating the household did not have a TV licence....(they don't hang around!). I understand this is free as part of the household benefits package.

My question is, she is over 70 years of age but her daughter lives with her. Her daughter is not on any benefits and has a job. Does my mother qualify for the benefits package?

Also, apparently the package is not means tested but the application form asks for the PPS number of others in the house and how much they earn per year. Will my sister working and living with her have any effect on my mothers eligibility?

Perhaps there is an easier way to just transfer the package to my mothers name as opposed to reapplying?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭nothing

I believe they've made it so that over 70s can get it even with someone who doesn't qualify lives with them

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Bailey43

andyred wrote: »
    Hi,

my father recently passed away and so I am trying to get bills etc in check for my mother. My father used to collect the household benefits package but I now need to move that over to my mother. A letter was recently sent to her from An Post stating the household did not have a TV licence....(they don't hang around!). I understand this is free as part of the household benefits package.

My question is, she is over 70 years of age but her daughter lives with her. Her daughter is not on any benefits and has a job. Does my mother qualify for the benefits package?

Also, apparently the package is not means tested but the application form asks for the PPS number of others in the house and how much they earn per year. Will my sister working and living with her have any effect on my mothers eligibility?

Perhaps there is an easier way to just transfer the package to my mothers name as opposed to reapplying?

Thanks.

Hi sorry for your loss ,I had the same situation back in May when I lost my father I had to reapply for the household package for my mother in her own right.hope this helps

• Closed Accounts Posts: 873 ✭✭✭StackSteevens

andyred wrote: »

Does my mother qualify for the benefits package?

YES

Will my sister working and living with her have any effect on my mothers eligibility?

NO They ask for PPS Numbers only to confirm that only one occupant of the house is getting the HBP.

FRAID NOT!

If your mum is going to apply for the Widow's Survivor's Pension, then just throw in the HBP application form with the pension application form and ask them to send it to the relevant unit.

Advertisement