Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

ACCA September 2020

Options
  • 04-09-2020 5:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭

Is anyone else scheduled for an exam next week?

I’ve my final paper to sit and have taken a few days annual leave to prepare. I started off great - calm! relatively focused! - but now I’m in full blown panic mode. I accomplished absolutely nothing today. So frustrated with myself, and so much to do.

/vent

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Dubdub20

I’ve my final paper to sit and have taken a few days annual leave to prepare. I started off great - calm! relatively focused! - but now I’m in full blown panic mode. I accomplished absolutely nothing today. So frustrated with myself, and so much to do.

/vent
    Same as myself.

Actually did a lot of work over the last few months with two lecturers and have still managed to make a balls of it.

At this stage I am just hoping there are no major IT issues. First time sitting a CBE and heard some horror stories from March.

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭silent_spark

I have a tendency to leave things to the last minute, not great for the anxiety!

The CBE interface does seem pretty woeful. At least everyone else is using it too. Imagine how much easier standard pdf, word and excel docs would be... I can type quicker than I write, though!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,236 ✭✭✭shano_88

I am also, AFM and SBR. It's a struggle.

It's hard enough to try and cover both subjects thoroughly but having to use the awful software on exam day makes things so much harder.

shano_88 wrote: »
    I am also, AFM and SBR. It's a struggle.

It's hard enough to try and cover both subjects thoroughly but having to use the awful software on exam day makes things so much harder.

Fair play on doing two papers, I wouldn’t even have attempted that. You must have had a serious workload.

Fair play on doing two papers, I wouldn’t even have attempted that. You must have had a serious workload.

I'm not sure if I'd recommend it. I started well before June though with Covid, still alot to cover in the couple of weeks leading up to it.

Less than a week to go though, plan on pushing hard over the next few days. What exam are you talking?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭CassieManson

How are they allowed to run exams with the covid rules?

How are they allowed to run exams with the covid rules?

They fall under adult education rules. We have to fill in a health declaration on arrival and wear a mask for the full duration. Computers will be spaced for social distancing.

shano_88 wrote: »
    I'm not sure if I'd recommend it. I started well before June though with Covid, still alot to cover in the couple of weeks leading up to it.

Less than a week to go though, plan on pushing hard over the next few days. What exam are you talking?

I’ve really nothing to be moaning about - I’m sitting APM, not exactly earth shattering in terms of content!

Well my exam is 9am tomorrow in the Exam360 place so fingers crossed between the Covid restrictions and the CBEs there are no headaches!

Dubdub20 wrote: »
    Well my exam is 9am tomorrow in the Exam360 place so fingers crossed between the Covid restrictions and the CBEs there are no headaches!

Good luck!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Ciara26

How did the exam go? Was there any heart aches with new rules for covid and cbe?

Triple A so was so so.

In relation to the exam centre really positive experience. Staff were far more friendly and approachable than I have found to staff to be in Croke Park previously. They check your ID and exam docket at the door then take you phone number and give your a questionnaire to fill out that takes about 20 seconds.

Computer screens were a good size and everything worked fine. Lots of social distancing and mask wearing of course but that is standard these days.

Triple A so was so so.

In relation to the exam centre really positive experience. Staff were far more friendly and approachable than I have found to staff to be in Croke Park previously. They check your ID and exam docket at the door then take you phone number and give your a questionnaire to fill out that takes about 20 seconds

Computer screens were a good size and everything worked fine. Lots of social distancing and mask wearing of course but that is standard these days.

Best of luck with the results

Triple A so was so so.

In relation to the exam centre really positive experience. Staff were far more friendly and approachable than I have found to staff to be in Croke Park previously. They check your ID and exam docket at the door then take you phone number and give your a questionnaire to fill out that takes about 20 seconds.

Thanks for the update on Exam360, it’s really appreciated. And well done on getting AAA out of the way!

APM was a very fair paper this morning. I messed up my time management though, very annoying when the question left behind was so answerable.

CBE was great. Decent size adjustable monitor at Exam360 - makes all the difference when working with multiple documents. We were seated at 8.30am and could remove our masks while at our desk. They had a good system for getting the attention of staff (for technical problems or a bathroom break) and it ran very smoothly overall.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭robo

Agree also with Exam360 centre - monitors were a good size and the centre and staff were very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭Jem123

I took AFM in the Dublin North centre. The staff were great and very helpful. Felt really safe.

Now hoping for a good result ( 3rd attempt :eek:)

Have people been following yesterday’s ACCA mailing error? They inadvertently sent a batch of ‘congratulations on becoming an affiliate!’ emails to some finalists who passed their September paper - even though results aren’t due until Monday! I wouldn’t like to be in their communications department right now...

Have people been following yesterday’s ACCA mailing error? They inadvertently sent a batch of ‘congratulations on becoming an affiliate!’ emails to some finalists who passed their September paper - even though results aren’t due until Monday! I wouldn’t like to be in their communications department right now...
    Glued to it.

Awaiting final exam result and I received one of those emails.

Apparently the exam results for September are being released a week later then normal. Those emails should have been released next Friday but instead were released yesterday by accident ahead of Sunday's results.

I am also hearing that ACCA were able to stop the emails before all were sent out so if your reading this and you didn't get one yesterday please don't despair.

The confusion has just made the wait far worse for me. Until I get the text stating I passed AAA I won't be celebrating.

Glued to it.

Awaiting final exam result and I received one of those emails.

Apparently the exam results for September are being released a week later then normal. Those emails should have been released next Friday but instead were released yesterday by accident ahead of Sunday's results.

I am also hearing that ACCA were able to stop the emails before all were sent out so if your reading this and you didn't get one yesterday please don't despair.

The confusion has just made the wait far worse for me. Until I get the text stating I passed AAA I won't be celebrating.
    Best of luck, it’s hard enough waiting for results without this been added to the mix

• Advertisement

Glued to it.

I’m trying not to obsess, but failing miserably. A few sources are saying the emails are correct but early, but I won’t be able to exhale until tomorrow night.

It is going to be a rough restless weekend for us all.

I have the tin of Roses bought, hopefully I can stay out of them until at least tomorrow afternoon!

ACCA posted on their Facebook page with the same response reported on PQ magazine, so I’ve decided I definitely passed. It wasn’t a paper I felt very confident about, so it will be interesting to see what my mark is. Now to get on that PER...

Wish I could do that but I just don't trust ACCA at this point and knowing my luck I could be the one exception.

Yeah. They don’t exactly fill you with confidence, do they?

Do you have the link to Acca reply regarding it? I can’t find it

Ciara26 wrote: »
    Do you have the link to Acca reply regarding it? I can’t find it

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10157397565321776&id=23657126775

Good luck to anyone getting results tonight 😬

My worst mark ever (APM). I doubt it will fill any future employer with confidence.

Anyway, done! Affiliate! A tonne of PER to do now. I really need to switch jobs. How did everyone else do?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭Jem123

I failed AFM for the 3rd time. :( So disappointing. I have never had such trouble with an exam. I am going to switch to either APM or AAA and hopefully will have more luck with that.

Advertisement