Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

" Aquacycle 1100 " (Zanussi / Electrolux) Fault?

• 03-09-2020 12:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭

Machine was fine. Sat idle for years. Now, it won't accept water. Boom! That's it.

Longer version? As ye'd know; They won't power up till they're wet inside. So, I hit the big, ON button. The light comes on. I let go? Light goes out. So, it's getting power.

I'm just not getting that familiar, rushing sound when I open the cock. Detach the pipe and water gushes out. It's coming down the pipe. Just not entering the machine.

Took the blue plug out. Rinsed that. Back in. Still no good :(

Anyone ....?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,365 ✭✭✭The Red Ace

If that is an older machine with an on/off button that wont stay engaged there is no hope of it filling, sounds as though after the lay up the switch mechanism is gone dry and sticking. If you can lay your hands on switch cleaner give it a spray and see if the neon light stays on. if the switch contacts are burned it would need replacing. You could further test it by setting it to fill while holding the on /off switch.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭Stigura

Red Ace; Can't Thank You enough for just being there! Enormous relief, even just being in touch with someone who knows their stuff :)

" test it by setting it to fill while holding the on /off switch. "

Just tried that. Turned the tap on and held the button down. Nothing.

" switch cleaner give it a spray and see if the neon light stays on. "

:confused: I'll google that, in a minute. If I find it; What do I spray, please? On / Off button?

" If that is an older machine ... "

It'd be between six and, what ...? Ten years? Rolls Royce of machines. Just ~ due to stuff and things ~ got to sit there, in situ, untouched for five 'n half years :(

Ok. " Servisol " Switch Cleaner. I can get that off Amazon. €20.00. Not a problem.

Speak to me. Please. This machine's immaculate and has sentimental attachment.

Spray.jpg

With the lid removed can you take a pic directly inside the switch you are pressing, it will be either an older type with a proper on off switch, or a pcb which will only have miniature micros on the board, if an on off it will have four wires, live/neutral in and l/n out, just make sure also that the door catch is engaging properly as there is also a safety switch there where the power supply is routed through

• Advertisement

It got 'complicated', today :(

I've been badgering everyone I know (All four of them) for a reliable repair man. Today, one turned up saying he'd 'booked' me one.

I said we should put the guy off, till I've received and tried this €20 tin ~ me thinking especially; 'How nice, if this guy turns up with the same tin. Pishes my button and hold his hand out for €150!

Neighbour was having none of it. His vibe being that, 'But, I've bloody Booked the guy now!'.

Must admit, my own vibe was somewhat; '€150? What ever! Let's just get my damn machine back! If I can't cancel the tin, maybe I can send it to the guy on Boards?'

Main point is though; I pointed out to my mate how I'd figured I'd open the top panel and spray All the buttons. And I'd spray what ever ran down between the main button and the inlet point.

And he sort of looked at it. I gazed, balefully. And we both sort of agreed: " F*** opening That lot up! " :(

Sorry if I sound negative. If it were a rodent problem? I'd take you to the cleaners! Ye'd be in awe of how fluently I'd read and deal with the situation. But, a Washing Machine? Scary!

What if I undo that screw and hear a nut tinkle down, inside? And, there's always those famous words: " Sorry, mate. If You've had the back off this thing? No Way am I touching it! "

Only thing I can add is to reinforce: Mains on. Water on. Push down washing machines On/Off button? Light comes on.

Remove finger from button? Button comes up and light goes out. This is a spotlessly clean machine. It's not like crusted grime is holding the button down or anything.

Regards the door catch? Again, spotless and, being all plastic, I can't see what might go wrong there?

Really appreciate ye input on this one, 'Ace. There's enough back story to fill a novel. And it's doing my head in.

If you are not afraid of rat catching I guarantee you there is nothing under the lid of the washer that will bite you, undo the lid there are no screws that will fall down inside, i have removed thousands of them and have yet to find one where that has happened. just unplug it before working on it and take the photo

:D You are now, officially, my bloody Hero!

Okay. It's Saturday night. Obviously, I'm touching Nothing, at this hour.

But, nor will my mans man be turning out, on a Sunday. That is my window. I shall get my screw drivers out, tomorrow ~ post much tea ~ and have my camera to hand ;)

Rat Catching? Hah! That's a piece of piss, after the better part of a century at it. But, yeah; While they like the warmth of freezer motors? I've never yet ~ and never would have ~ taken a washing machine apart for one.

I'd simply tell the client they'd need to call in a Washing Machine Man! :pac:

Okay. I'm in there. Was dancing around the thing like David Bailey. But, I now realise I'd be insulting ye trade craft to be showing ye photo's of drums and buttons :o

So, basically? Top panel off reveals the button and a sealed circuit board. All the control buttons lead in there. Noted this label on it, if it's any good to ye?

P9060471.jpg

Other than that? Only other thing I found was down the bottom, where the intake hose comes in. All I can ascertain is that ~ thankfully, for My reputation ~ the wires haven't been got at by rodents!

P9060470-1.jpg

Machine's still open. My camera's not bad. I've tried all the usual routine. Exactly the same results. Your call.

Yeah its pcb controlled and the switches are micro switches within the board unlike earlier versions with hard wiring, without seeing it i would think there is corrosion in the board from being left up and the only way to sort it out is replacement, wouldnt recommend spending money trying to repair it, if an on off switch it would be a cheap repair

• Advertisement

:( Oh, sh*t!

Just trying to take this in ....!

But, how can the bone dry, sparkling clean board corrode? It has a load of screws in it. I could undo them and photograph what ever's inside?

I'm really beginning to hate this bloody world, frankly! Every bloody tool has to have a stupid battery. And a perfectly good, massive lump of engineering can be consigned to the landfill over a micro dot having a tantrum :(

So, your last call: Do I start googling that circuit board? Or a laundry service?

Thanks, so much, for all ye help.

Well seeing as you have purchased the switch cleaner dismantle the facia panel with the pcb and remove each section of the wiring harness individually and spray both the pcb and harness end until you have all connections done. The problem with leaving units unused for long periods is moisture in the air causes bad connections on pcb s etc . Spray the micro switches as well and keep your fingers crossed that it may come back to life

Managed to Cancel the cleaner, last night! Didn't see much point, as the machine looks like a write off, due to this CB.

I'd already unplugged the board and had it sitting here with me. So, on your say so, I just undid every screw in it. Eleven of the buggers.

Net result was that I could ~ extremely carefully, least all the buttons fall out! ~ lift it out, along with its casing?

Only, that casing has little clips on, holding the board in place. And it must take some sort of tool to get them all over and so release the actual board. No way I could get it out to look at the underside :(

That said, I'm a determined little swine. Today, I googled like a man possessed and found 1. Procond Electronica are US based and don't list this part. 2. Eletrolux / Zanussi have an office here. They don't list the bloody thing either!

I rang them and sat on hold for eleven minutes, before taking the hint. Now, I've sent them a web based email, asking where I might get a new CB.

Right now though, This has caught my eye! Look!

P9070471.jpg
    That's the on / off button and its little light. They draw power. K? And, that's their, black, wires going into that little box. The blue wires, coming out the other side lead to the plug that goes into the CB!

Lateral logic makes me wonder if something's gone astray inside that box! Trouble is; I can't find how to open it. It seems fixed to the casing of the machine. And, if I try to force it, I may break it completely! Ever seen one before?

Aha! Undid three more screws. Look at This lot! :eek:

P9070469-1.jpg

Bobbyy; Thanks for that! Looks a belter. I'll have to get back to it though, because my bloody head's spinning right now :(

Well, gentlemen; I've had a good kip and have got up to rejoin the battle. Can't say I'm exactly happy now though :(

Been working my way through Bobbyy's video clips and such. 1. The on/off light lights up. The machine's getting power.

2. That directs us to the solenoids on the water pump. Has That got a problem that's making it not allow water in? (But; Why would That kill out the entire CB?)

Or, 3. It's that CB. Best they say we can hope for there is a quick, visual inspection. Looking for scorches or melted bits. But, as said; I can't get into it to see.

Then, if it Is the CB ~ and I can find a replacement one? We're looking at a ball park of around €200.00 for it! :eek: There's a whole World of washing machines out there, for that price!

I'm not a jacker, lads. But, I guess a man's just got to recognise when there has to be an alternate route :(

Am I wrong?

Thanks.

Advertisement