Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Google Pixel 3a €249 on Vodafone (In Stock!)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,387 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

daheff wrote: »
    i think anybody who ordered and then got a cancellation email should complain to comreg about it. It might not do much, but if comreg keep getting complaints they might have a quiet word & tell VF to stop as its increasing comregs workload.

that and everybody complain on their twitter feed about. their sharp practice

Comreg will only entertain issues once you have tried and failed Vodafone complaint procedures. When I tried to complain to Vodafone, they would engage with me until I registered my details and then wouldn't submit a complaint when I wanted to follow their complaints procedure. Comreg are now happy to help. The company has gone to pot ignoring customers and prob getting a fine from comreg which costs far more than just dealing with a customer complaint.

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭xl500

this is disgraceful behaviour from Vodafone

• Registered Users Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

It seems a very low price, I'd wonder are Vodafone attempting to cut rug with Google phones, given how they are also not carrying the Pixel 4, and have simply run out of handsets? Or do they not pull from stores for online sales too?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

Which network did u switch from ?

Eir , and this was the second time I used the sim as it didnt port successfully for my first phone order (which I did receive for 250 deal )

• Registered Users Posts: 696 ✭✭✭jmorrisey

What happens to those who set the port time and date I wonder...wouldn't be a bit surprised if they went through

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭micks_address

I still wouldn't be surprised if my cancelled orders arrive tomorrow..complete shambles

• Registered Users Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭webpal

scudzilla wrote: »

I'm After a Huawei p30 lite for wifey, cannot get past payment page, any tips?

I'm waiting to get a couple sims, is everyone having issues or is it just the pixel and above?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭bromley52

I'm failing at payment

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭peckerhead

I finally got a response this afternoon from their Twitter team:
    Hi there, I apologize sincerely for the inconvenience. This is a known issue now and we're working to get it resolved as soon as possible, I would ask you to please try the below work-around and hopefully the order will go through.

-Try to access the website and proceed with the order using Internet Explorer.
    -Get in touch with our online chat team on the website while trying to submit the order, you'd contact them when it gives you the above error again, since it's a known issue, they might be able to help you out with it.

The offer is unfortunately online-exclusive and cannot be redeemed at our Vodafone stores, however, if it's easy for you to refer to a store, I'd ask you to go there and they might be able to offer something from their end.

I'm sorry again for the inconvenience here. I hope this would be resolved as early as possible.

Thanks,
    X
    But as noted before (I think), it doesn't matter which browser you use, the same error message comes up.

When I tried it in Microsoft Edge, I got my hopes up for a minutes because it actually took me through a 'Verified-by-VISA' check - I had to get texted an 8-digit one time code, which came from my card issuer.

So basically Vodafone's broken website has harvested names, d.o.b.s, credit card details and mobile phone numbers from who knows how many people, none or very few of whom at present seem likely to get the offer still being advertised on the Vodafone website.

Sounds like potentially a case for the ASAI as much as for Comreg. I hope Vodafone get a right kick up the hole for this, but they're well used to shrugging off these things.

Of course anyone who wasted their time handing over all their data to this company, and fails to obtain a satisfactory outcome, would IMHO be well advised to pop off a quick GDPR Subject Access request. Just sayin'. ;)

peckerhead wrote: »

But as noted before (I think), it doesn't matter which browser you use, the same error message comes up.

When I tried it in Microsoft Edge, I got my hopes up for a minutes because it actually took me through a 'Verified-by-VISA' check - I had to get texted an 8-digit one time code, which came from my card issuer.

So basically Vodafone's broken website has harvested names, d.o.b.s, credit card details and mobile phone numbers from who knows how many people, none or very few of whom at present seem likely to get the offer still being advertised on the Vodafone website.

Sounds like potentially a case for the ASAI as much as for Comreg. I hope Vodafone get a right kick up the hole for this, but they're well used to shrugging off these things.

Of course anyone who wasted their time handing over all their data to this company, and fails to obtain a satisfactory outcome, would IMHO be well advised to pop off a quick GDPR Subject Access request. Just sayin'. ;)

Yeah but even if you could order is there stock? My two orders from Friday were cancelled and when I tried phoning yesterday best they could tell me was due to no stock..figure there only skeleton staff there over weekend so might get some answers tomorrow

• Advertisement

The CC details wouldn't be held by Vodafone, a 3rd party would be processing it. Everyone cries GDPR over everything these days. You're providing your details to make a purchase, it's failing. It would be some weird plan for Vodafone to deliberately make a sale fail just to collect details of random people. Of course, if it annoys you enough, you can request that they delete any record of you, and they will oblige.

I think fundamentally the issue is that Vodafone have been migrating across to their new website, and it's just broken all over the place.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭peckerhead

Yeah but even if you could order is there stock? My two orders from Friday were cancelled and when I tried phoning yesterday best they could tell me was due to no stock..figure there only skeleton staff there over weekend so might get some answers tomorrow
    Precisely. It looks like they cannot fulfil the orders, and are aware of it. If they just cancel orders and continue to advertise the offer without rectifying the payment page problem, that's essentially false advertising. They'll counter that they were 'working hard to solve the problem', and probably face no real consequences.

Which is why people should make them accountable if they fail to honour an order placed in good faith. If some poor staff member has to waste an hour replying to a formal complaint and a GDPR request from each of the customers (whose time was wasted by Vodafone) then there is a marginal cost to them (salary hours x number of complaints). If that adds up and is augmented by some sort of fine from Comreg, then maybe they'll look at improving their website and cut down on the sloppiness and sharp practices for which they've already been censured in the past.

@Basil3: if they fix the problem and a customer finally gets their purchase, fine, no need for a 'vengeance' GDPR request, I agree. But a company doesn't have to maliciously or nefariously collect sensitive personal data to be in breach of their obligations. Vodafone's record is one of blatant disregard for consumer rights and if the only way to get their attention is by gestures that hurt their bottom line, then that's their problem to address, in fairness.

I'd love to hear back from the poster who said his order was canceled last week and it still turned up if he had gotten email cancellation as well. The funds are still pending on my bank account but I doubt they'd release over the weekend anyway..
    Precisely. It looks like they cannot fulfil the orders, and are aware of it. If they just cancel orders and continue to advertise the offer without rectifying the payment page problem, that's essentially false advertising. They'll counter that they were 'working hard to solve the problem', and probably face no real consequences.

Which is why people should make them accountable if they fail to honour an order placed in good faith. If some poor staff member has to waste an hour replying to a formal complaint and a GDPR request from each of the customers (whose time was wasted by Vodafone) then there is a marginal cost to them (salary hours x number of complaints). If that adds up and is augmented by some sort of fine from Comreg, then maybe they'll look at improving their website and cut down on the sloppiness and sharp practices for which they've already been censured in the past.

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭Weltsmertz

Highly likely this is what happened. They realised Friday that they had insufficient stock so put the error up to block any more orders. However what they could have done is what they did in UK. Take down the offers that they were unable to meet.

Vodafone has form in this regard. Leaving offers on their website that they block customers from availing of. Very sharp practice. But no real consequences for Vodafone. They don't care about Comreq or GDPR and they will avoid fines by saying that they are working to "fix" the website.
    They do care about bad PR but who reads a forum like this.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,158 ✭✭✭Sappy404

Isn't the issue site-wide though? Would they intentionally sabotage all sales on their website for the first 3 days of their Black Friday event just to stop people ordering one phone?

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭Weltsmertz

Sappy404 wrote: »
    Isn't the issue site-wide though? Would they intentionally sabotage all sales on their website for the first 3 days of their Black Friday event just to stop people ordering one phone?

They made the 3a offer online only. All the others can be availed of in store..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

Any chance the P30 lite is unlocked?!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,204 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Sappy404 wrote: »

That wont stop the permanently offended.

I had check out issues with another phone. Rand CC and they sorted it out. No big drama.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,308 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

Pacifico wrote: »
    Any chance the P30 lite is unlocked?!

Not sure but it's a different phone so not really relevant to this discussion

• Registered Users Posts: 8,562 ✭✭✭shmeee

Anyone's order change to dispatched since this morning?

Might chance calling into local store at lunch to see if ready to collect. It did say next day delivery if ordered Monday - Thursday so probably be tomorrow anyway if it even comes......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭pedatron

shmeee wrote: »
    Anyone's order change to dispatched since this morning?

Might chance calling into local store at lunch to see if ready to collect. It did say next day delivery if ordered Monday - Thursday so probably be tomorrow anyway if it even comes......

Still marked due for dispatch for me anyway. I know that's better than a lot of people here but I'm not confident of getting this phone delivered quickly if at all tbh. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 918 ✭✭✭hdl

pedatron wrote: »
    Still marked due for dispatch for me anyway. I know that's better than a lot of people here but I'm not confident of getting this phone delivered quickly if at all tbh. :(

Mine said due for dispatch too, but changed to dispatched now in the last half hour, so worth checking again. Hopefully tomorrow it'll be available in store!

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭leg

I also had mine marked due for dispatch but now has changed to your order has been dispatched. Ordered at 12:17 on Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,562 ✭✭✭shmeee

leg wrote: »
    I also had mine marked due for dispatch but now has changed to your order has been dispatched. Ordered at 12:17 on Friday.

Likewise.

Now listed as:

"Your order has been dispatched."

Hoping to collect in-store tomorrow so.

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭pedatron

Ah great. Just checked and I'm updated to dispatched too. Fingers crossed it arrives tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭breeno

Any movement on new orders today or are they still being blocked?

That's kind of annoying if you receive yours.. my first order went in at 1017 Friday morning

• Registered Users Posts: 4,928 ✭✭✭long_b

long_b wrote: »
    Ordered around 1.30 pm on Friday, order not cancelled yet

Just changed to "Your order has been dispatched"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

long_b wrote: »
    Just changed to "Your order has been dispatched"

Yup mine the same also, ordered on Friday at 1pm

"ATG Order 15/11/19 Your order has been dispatched."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,158 ✭✭✭Sappy404

Anyone tried it today?