Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vertical drinks bottle

• 04-02-2011 8:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,539 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I've noticed in several sports that teams are now drinking from bottles where instead of tilting back your head and allowing gravity to do it's thing the bottle has some sort of nozzle which you hold against your mouth and squeeze so the liquid travels up the bottle through the nozzle into your mouth.

What's the idea behind these bottles? Are they solving a problem that just doesn't exist or have sports stars been pulling muscles in their necks drinking from gravity fed bottles???

This has been bugging me for a while so I really hope someone can put me out of my misery!!

Ben

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭AdeT

Hi,

AFAIK this is to do with not sharing phlegm in case anyone is sick/has an infection. As soon as things like that spread across teams it can have a lethal effect on selection...

Happy to be corrected

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 lukemcdog

yeah its seems to be simaliar to a lucozade bottle with an overlap!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭primastar

These bottles are called chin-sippers

• Registered Users Posts: 28,715 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

The reason according to the link below is to position your mouth away from the outlet, thus reducing the risks of infection.

http://www.sportproducts.com.au/index.html

• Registered Users Posts: 4,539 ✭✭✭BenEadir

Thanks Quazzie.

• Advertisement
Advertisement