Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pub Quiz with 2011 Sports Trivia. help?

• 19-09-2011 2:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭

I'm writing a pub quiz with sports trivia for this year. I wouldn't mind getting some international trivia questions as well as Irish trivia and I'm looking for some hard and easy questions to challenge everybody. I'm doing the pub quiz in an Irish bar in Stockholm

Some questions I have are...

What did Rory McIleroy win this year?

Dublin beat Kerry to win the Sam Maguire this year. But how many times have they played against Kerry since the Sam Maguire began?

Ireland beat Australia for the first time in a Rugby World Cup this year, but how many points did Ireland out half, Johnathan Sexton, score?

Who won the IRUPA player of the year this year?

Anybody got any more???

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 WastedSpace

How many of the Ireland 1994 World Cup squad were born in Ireland?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭pmcd22

Who won the Tour de France Green Jersey?

What was the first irish soccer team qualifided for the Europa league?

Which jamacian athlete won the 100 meters at the 2011 world championship in Daegu?

3 handy enough ones..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

stavros440 wrote: »
    Dublin beat Kerry to win the Sam Maguire this year. But how many times have they played against Kerry since the Sam Maguire began?

I'm probably too late with this but I'd be more careful how I phrase that question.

The All Ireland Champinship was first contested in 1887, but the Sam Maguire wasn't introduced until 1928.

I'd also specifically mention finals in the question. Unless the answer includes the number of times both teams have met in semi finals and quarter finals as well.

Advertisement