Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Are there any secret societies in Ireland ?

• 19-11-2020 8:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭

Never really heard of secret societies mentioned or anything like that .
    Not even sure if the masons are a thing in Ireland , as I say I’ve not heard of anybody being associated with them but that’s not to say they are not there .

Has there ever been talk of any secret societies in Ireland in recent years ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,478 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

The I.C.A.
    Ferocious crowd.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭mindancer

Yes there are secret societies in Ireland, the freemasons have their grand lodge in molesworth street, across from the dail, theres a rumor theres an underground tunnel connecting the dail and the freemasons hall, google freemasons ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 637 ✭✭✭POBox19

There is one main impenetrable secret society which has many cells.
    They operate in open view which fools people into thinking that they are open and transparent. The concern is that they run the banks, courts, county councils and the government, but when something goes wrong they manage to blame somebody else.
    This organisation is so secret that most people refer to them as "They".

• Registered Users Posts: 16,875 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

Never really heard of secret societies mentioned or anything like that . Not even sure if the masons are a thing in Ireland , as I say I’ve not heard of anybody being associated with them but that’s not to say they are not there .

They wouldn't be very secretive if we knew about them, now would they? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭mindancer

Sleeper12 wrote: »
    They wouldn't be very secretive if we knew about them, now would they? :)

We know they exist but not what they do...

• Advertisement

blackhall place

• Registered Users Posts: 8,428 ✭✭✭Markcheese

First rule of fight club .....

Slava ukraini 🇺🇦

• Registered Users Posts: 7,737 ✭✭✭saabsaab

Some might say the workings of 'Opus Dei' would fall into this category.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭BOHtox

NPHET

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,781 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Never really heard of secret societies mentioned or anything like that .
    Not even sure if the masons are a thing in Ireland , as I say I’ve not heard of anybody being associated with them but that’s not to say they are not there .

Has there ever been talk of any secret societies in Ireland in recent years ?

More of a historical one as they’ve long since dissolved, but the IRB were an interesting group worth a read about. The Irish Republican Brotherhood.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭AskMeBollix

I know a group that like to hack through boulders and have been involved in rigging the oscars

• Registered Users Posts: 3,083 ✭✭✭Kaybaykwah

I know a group that like to hack through boulders and have been involved in rigging the oscars

There are also probably a few chaps meeting up to play chess and have a few drinks and keep it quiet.

The order of the stoat.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,195 ✭✭✭MrMusician18

Most of the paramilitaries would fall under the secret societies umbrella. They haven't gone away.

Most of the paramilitaries would fall under the secret societies umbrella. They haven't gone away.

You know?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,457 ✭✭✭✭Kylta

POBox19 wrote: »
    There is one main impenetrable secret society which has many cells.
    They operate in open view which fools people into thinking that they are open and transparent. The concern is that they run the banks, courts, county councils and the government, but when something goes wrong they manage to blame somebody else.
    This organisation is so secret that most people refer to them as "They".

Correction, they are called "Them" I was to join them back in the day, I refused and joined "That" instead when I should've really join "The"

Kylta wrote: »
    Correction, they are called "Them" I was to join them back in the day, I refused and joined "That" instead when I should've really join "The"

The Golden Circle

• Registered Users Posts: 15,457 ✭✭✭✭Kylta

saabsaab wrote: »
    The Golden Circle

The initiation rite is the golden shower. And some of these guys have 15pints in them before the let loose. I'm looking to join the facesitters, these woman of all different nationalities come out and sit on your face. Im hoping to be the only man selected. After all equal rights should exist in nefannious organisations

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

The Luthorons Society

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

If everyone knew about them, they wouldn't be secret now would they!

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭Fantomas9mm

If everyone knew about them, they wouldn't be secret now would they!

That (poor and obvious joke ) has already been made.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

I hope you will accept my most heartfelt apology for wasting your time in that case.

Advertisement