1. Predict the IMT, mean temperature at five locations in Ireland (Claremorris, Casement, Mullingar, Oak Park, Shannon) for August, 2020. The 1981-2010 "normal" value is 15.1 deg C.
2. Predict the MAX temperature at any regularly reporting Met-E station as reported in the Monthly Summary (and daily in the "yesterday's weather" section of their website), during August.
3. Predict the MIN temperature during August (see 2 above for overview).
4. Predict the PRC (rainfall at this time of year) as a percentage of normal values (1981-2010) at eleven locations, namely Ballyhaise, Cork, Malin Head, Belmullet, Cork, Johnstown Castle, and the five locations for the IMT (section 1 above), during August.
5. Predict the SUN (sunshine) as a percentage of normal values (1981-2010) at six locations, Belmullet, Casement, Dublin, Shannon, Cork and Valentia, during August.
6. BONUS -- Predict the highest daily rainfall to be reported in the daily weather summaries at the 25 regular locations that appear in "yesterday's weather" on the met.ie website. Give the amount, date and location (most of the scoring will be based on the amount). superbonus of 1 or 2 available.
Will hold off on my own forecast as I am waiting to see if models are catching a warming trend.
Q -- what would you have if you combined July and August?
A -- Augly.