Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

'98 E36 318is track day toy

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭shietpilot

Steel rain wrote: »
    Sweet project man,brings back memories of my own E36 M3 ,God I miss that motor��

Thanks man!

I picked up a modified M3 LSD recently that has 4 clutch plates instead of 2 for stronger lock but is worn out. Stripped it apart and the internal LSD unit itself has been sent off for a rebuild:
    HnWhYBB.jpg?1

Also sourced M-tech sideskirts in the correct colour for virtually €0 so I stuck them on the car:
    rgfWkrE.jpg?1

Need to wait now for the LSD to come back before I can put it back together, put it in the car along with the stronger half shafts and prop shaft. The M-tech side moulding also needs to be completed as the car looks like a work in progress :pac:

I also had a spare set of electric alcantara M-sport E46 seats from the E46 compact that my 2.5 engine came from so I installed them and wired them up in the E36 for a laugh:
    94tbzPi.jpg?1

Temporary until I change the interior but they feel very good and the working electrics are cool :)

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Carney97

Awesome project. Seems like a little track weapon. Good work

Advertisement