Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Wednesday 21st - previews and reviews

Options
  • 21-12-2005 9:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,436 ✭✭✭

Ovens v Wylie
    - Havent got a clue how good Wylie is. He's from the North, so hopefully he'll put up a good show. Ovens is a very steady performer, although he doesnt always show that on TV. Prediction Ovens 3-1.

Priestley v Magowan.
    - I'll predict an upset here. Priestley beat him in the World Grand Prix in Dublin, but it was after quite a battle. So heart ruling the head I'll go 3-2 Magoo.

TJenkins v Mann
    - Don't know anything about Mann, but you have to be decent to make it through the qualifiers. Jenkins to win 3-1 or 3-2.

Matt Clark v Ken Woods
    - Know nothing about the Canadian, Clark was a decent player on the BDO circuit, though never really a contender. Hopefully one of them will be in good form and will give Taylor a match in the next round. 3-0 Clark.

Anderson v Hamilton
    I'll go for another surprise here. Hard to back against Bob, and he has made the last 4 in each of the last 2 years - beating Hamilton in the QF last year. Over the shorter format though, maybe Hamilton will cause an upset. 3-1 Hamilton.

Mardle v Roach.
    Roach to win no more than 3 legs. 3-0 Mardle

Dudbridge v Young.
    For some reason I expect Dudbridge to play badly, thus giving Young a chance if he's good enough to take it. I havent a notion whether he will be or not. 3-2 Dudbridge.

Baxter v Carver
    Carver will cause the Rocket problems and if Carver had been playing Dudbridge I would have tipped the yank. However, I think Baxter's experience will see him through. 3-1 Baxter.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭mchurl

Jenkins v Mann was one of the best matches ive seen in years. Jenkins didnt fall below a 100 average until the final set. Thrilling match taken by jenkins 4-2 in the 5th and if he keeps up that sort of form he may be an outside bet. Mnn as well is only 27 and has a big future ahead of him.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,436 ✭✭✭The Rooster

Ovens 3 Wylie 1
    Got one right anyway!

Priestley 3 Magowan 1
    Magoo started well but The Menace was just too good. Should be a great game between him and Lewis next time. DP averaged 95 compared to Lewis's 90, but will go in as underdog. It'll be 50/50 IMO.

TJenkins 3 Mann 2
    Super game, neither deserved to lose.

Matt Clark 3 Ken Woods 0
    Clark bad, Woods worse. Taylor to throw left handed in R2 and still progress!

Anderson 2 Hamilton 3
    Very good game, and Hamilton did enough to get through. Whoever progresses from Hamilton/TJenkins should give Taylor a decent game in R3.

Mardle 3 Roach 1
    Surprisingly Roach did win a set, but he shouldn't have.

Dudbridge 3 Young 0
    Scorline doesnt reflect that each set went to the final leg. Dudbridge wasnt good, and said himself afterwards that it was the most nervous he's ever been, which is what I'd predicted. But Young hadnt the ability to capitalise. Dudbridge should improve now and I'd expect him to win his second round match to set up a cracking 3rd rounder with either Painter or Wes Newton.

Baxter 2 Carver 3
    Carver certainly did cause Ronnie problems. Surprised that Ronnie didnt win it after coming back to 2-2 and he did have darts for the match, but fair play to the Yank for coming through.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,246 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

I missed most of the game so cant really comment on how well eacg person did. Carver winning was a bit of a surprise but not as big a one as some people are making out. It is well knowm that Carver is a very good player and was bound to cause Baxter problems.

I saw the highlights of the Jenkins/Mann game and it was a belter, one of the best I have seen in a while. Both players played top class stuff. Im dying to see if Jenkins can repeat that performance in round two.

No surprises to see Mardle and Dudbridge through, im a bit disappointed Bob Anderson got knocked out because I like him. It was a good game, the only one I managed to catch live.

Another good day of darts.

Advertisement