Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

21-06-2006, 18:50   #61
chrisbonnie

yeah, the lump was annoying, but even more annoying is the fact that the lump is now back, about twice the size and my movement is even worse yet,
Advertisement
22-08-2006, 23:24   #62

eBay Cricket Team v Bohs Cricket Team in the Park

eBay Cricket Team are debuting against Bohs Cricket Team in the Park at 6.30pm Wednesday 23rd August 2006.
05-09-2006, 15:30   #63

Portlaoise

I just thought that I should mention that there is for anyone in the general area of Laois a cricket club just off the motorway (so is perhaps accessible to many people) near Portlaoise. It has recently been on RTE television (something not too many clubs can claim!!). It has shot up the divisions in recent years and is thriving for a midlands club. I live in Portlaoise and come from New Zealand but never played cricket competitively. I would like to join the club as it sounds like a great place but their success makes me wonder how welcome a person who hasn't picked up a cricket ball in maybe 15 years would be.

Anyhow here is the article which I feel is appropriate as it is all about the club. I am sure there is a website for the club out there but haven't been able to find it. I include though the newspaper article about the club and then below that contact details for this club.

Cricket club comes under the spotlight

PORTLAOISE Cricket Club was under the spotlight on RTÉ television last week. Thank God for Cricket featured the club in the ninth episode of Mono, RTÉ’s acclaimed inter-cultural series which brings the lives of Ireland’s diverse communities to the television screen.

The programme highlighted two important aspects of the club - its multi-national membership and its dramatic climb up the cricket pecking order in Ireland.

The programme gave an interesting insight into life in the club, how locals and non-nationals work and play together with only the fortunes of the club in mind. It looked at all facets of the club following members on the field of play, practicing and socializing. The behind the scenes shots gave a fascinating insight into the works of this progressive club.

At a time when rural cricket clubs are on the decline, Portlaoise has bucked the trend and from languishing in the lower realms of Irish now finds itself in the top division. This evolution is due in no small part to the ever-increasing numbers of nonnationals coming to live in the Midlands in recent years.

With new blood from countries such as India, Pakistan and Uganda Laois Cricket Club is able to hold its own on the cricket field with the best of them.

And while the club has benefited from this influx of new membership, the club has provided an introduction to a new community and country for the immigrants as it has provided them with a social outlet and a way to make new friends.

Activity: Cricket

Contact's Position: Team secretary

Phone1 (087) 2941821 (057) 8620637

Meeting Seniors: 6.30pm-9pm- Wed Juveniles: 6.30pm-9pm- Fri These times may vary . Please contact the above for further details

Wheelchair Friendly? Yes

Child Friendly? Yes

Member Adults: 60eur Juveniles: 10eur

Info Another contact is Tim Crowe (0502) 22569. The training takes place at the club grounds in Togher
18-10-2006, 21:07   #64

Cricket in Pembroke

Anybody looking for a club in the southside of dublin ? Then why not consider Pembroke CC ? We've teams and net sessions to suit all standards, both Male and Female. Not to mention the social element of the club, which is pretty good, with a social mix of different nationalities. Drop me a message if your keen to play next year, and I can arrange to get you down to our winter nets sessions..
31-10-2006, 13:00   #65

cricket clubs

Hey Warney why dont u join Clontarf Cricket Club next year there are five senior teams and everyone gets a game. I only joined 3 years ago and having the time of my life another guy who is 40 only joined last year and played many games this year for the 5ths who ended up winnind junior C. While on the subject does anyone know where we could play winter indoor nets we would pay of course.
Advertisement
26-11-2006, 01:12   #66
chrisbonnie

so lads, when is sign up for taverners teams for next season, i cant wait to put my name down
11-02-2007, 13:55   #67

Does anyone no anything about any clubs in cork, id be an amateur , only playe dwith friends before, but id be interested in playing competitivley
11-02-2007, 14:17   #68
regi
Far, far away...

Send a message via MSN to regi
Anyone play for phoenix?

I'm thinking about maybe playing again during the summer (not played since I was a kid) and phoenix is just down the road
23-02-2007, 23:06   #69

Boards C C

Any movement with the Boards C C thought?

curently playing in clontarf!!
Advertisement
27-02-2007, 08:52   #70

played with balbriggan for about 8 years then gave up

hoping to get back playing this season
28-02-2007, 22:46   #71
regi
Far, far away...

Send a message via MSN to regi
Quote:
Originally Posted by stretchticles
Any movement with the Boards C C thought?
ooh, really?
01-03-2007, 00:25   #72
DMC

Send a message via ICQ to DMC Send a message via AIM to DMC Send a message via Yahoo to DMC Send a message via Skype™ to DMC
Is there any info on Knockharley CC, near Kentstown, Co. Meath? Nearly nothing on the intarweb about them, save for when other clubs played them!
05-03-2007, 01:30   #73
legspin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helix
played with balbriggan for about 8 years then gave up

hoping to get back playing this season
Managed to play one game for Balbriggan last year. Will be lucky if I even get that this year
06-03-2007, 22:15   #74
mikeruurds

Send a message via MSN to mikeruurds Send a message via Skype™ to mikeruurds
I'm moving to Blackrock soon and wouldn't mind doing a bit of bowling in the nets.

Would there be much call for net bowlers at Sandyford cc?

Mike
06-03-2007, 22:36   #75

Quote:
Originally Posted by regi
ooh, really?

priceless response!!!!

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text