Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

How much for a re-spray?

Options
  • 20-11-2015 7:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭

Hi.

Was thinking of getting a 90's saloon resprayed. (1992 Nissan Primera).

how much would it cost do you think.? metallic dolphin grey..

It has no panel damage, no rust, just a few very light scrapes here and there and some fading in line with its age. A polish wouldn't do, to restore it to showroom standard & how I want it to look. It looks fine during the winter, but on a hot summers day the paint looks faded and swirly and some of the scrapes are visible. (car is only used about 5 times during the summer and always garaged).

The car is a 1 owner from new (my grandparents with big sentimental value)

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭Bigus

Where are you based ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,792 ✭✭✭Ded_Zebra

Probably about €1500 to €2000. However, there are some places that will charge €2000 for a respray and it will be of very poor quality and it may be possible to get a very cheap respray that is excellent. What you really need to do is to go around to a few places and look at a few examples of their work. It is also a good idea to get a look at a car they did a few years ago so you can see how the finish is holding up. Lacquer peel etc can often occur if the prep isn't good enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭Carson10

Bigus wrote: »
    Where are you based ?

Sligo/Leitrim area where I live.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Steve320

depends on the type of respray ,
    i wouldn't bother with 1k , acrylic or any of that stuff, only get 2k or waterbased paint with 2k clear,

rough guide price is 130 a panel cash or 200 through the books,
    so a full windows out respray and down to bare metal can cost up to 5k
    but a good finish with windows in , that would require only minor flattening and polishing after should cost you approx 2/2.5k if it done through the books,

I've seen quality jobs done for less though its worth your while to do the prep yourself (its not that hard just tedious) and also the flattening can be done yourself swell and you will save a lot of money on that swell (very easily done)

Advertisement