Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Big black cat......

1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

Large black cats the size of a fox? Thats not exactly a large wild cat. My cat is almost the size of a fox.. just as well its ginger and white and not black.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,564 ✭✭✭✭steddyeddy

Adam what about escaped Savannah cats? Their price tag makes them rare but its still a possibility!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 5,279 Mod ✭✭✭✭Adam Khor

garv123 wrote: »
    Large black cats the size of a fox? Thats not exactly a large wild cat. My cat is almost the size of a fox.. just as well its ginger and white and not black.

That's why I'm thinking about these smaller cats rather than cougars, which are substantially larger than foxes (believe me, I've lived in cougar country).
    steddyeddy wrote: »
    Adam what about escaped Savannah cats? Their price tag makes them rare but its still a possibility!

I thought about them too but I wasn´t sure if they came in dark color?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,564 ✭✭✭✭steddyeddy

Adam Khor wrote: »
    That's why I'm thinking about these smaller cats rather than cougars, which are substantially larger than foxes (believe me, I've lived in cougar country).

I thought about them too but I wasn´t sure if they came in dark color?

No neither am I to tell the truth!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 5,279 Mod ✭✭✭✭Adam Khor

Ha! They do!

black-savannah-cat-7.jpg

And look at how big they get:
    tallest_cat_01.jpg

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQtuOc44YPmnM0J80k2VB2sujUX-vDsr-7xzpqewBpouawkuOrK5SHWUpmP

Savannah-Cat5.jpg

savannah-tallest-cat-in-the-world.jpg

cat-on-chair-244.jpg

Look at this monster:

2-p4.bmp
    Again, I can easily see a black one being mistaken for a "big cat". It is certainly much bigger than your average house cat.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 gerry p oneill

Black panther seen last week at Slive Gullion park Forkhill.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

Black panther seen last week at Slive Gullion park Forkhill.

Leprechaun and muntjac also seen by myself last night but maybe I was bit tired and hallucinated it

• Registered Users Posts: 5,143 ✭✭✭locum-motion

Leprechaun and muntjac also seen by myself last night but maybe I was bit tired and hallucinated it

The muntjac is feasible.

Not quite so sure about the leprechaun or the panther.

I suppose most posters here are already aware that there is no such species as a 'black panther' as such. They are in fact a melanistic variation of either the jaguar (in S. America) or the leopard (in Africa/Asia)

Advertisement