Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your Random Skyrim Moments

• 08-11-2011 8:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭

I know its a few days early but I thought Id start a thread for people to post some of their random encounters in in Skyrim. From coming across a fight between bandits or a dragon attacking some pure unfortunate soul, anything!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭matty55

Apologies for the double post! Does anyone know how to delete a thread?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

It's not too early for the people that pirate the 360 version that was leaked.

I got smacked 50 feet into the air by a giant. Not fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭epiphony

I have been in some Dungeon called Forelhost for the past 2 hours getting my ass absolutely handed to me by these Draugr dudes. I don't think I was supposed to come across it this early in the game. Can't kill the boss at the end no matter how hard I try...

• Registered Users Posts: 914 ✭✭✭DarkDusk

Same here, I'm not even going to attempt to go near one anymore! (for now anyway..):p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

DarkDusk wrote: »
    Same here, I'm not even going to attempt to go near one anymore! (for now anyway..):p
    I quick travelled to some dwemar ruins to get to a destination and there was a giant being attacked by a black dragon me being dragonborn decided to help the poor guy... He one hitted me when the dragon flew up to do a circle :mad:

epiphony wrote: »
    I have been in some Dungeon called Forelhost for the past 2 hours getting my ass absolutely handed to me by these Draugr dudes. I don't think I was supposed to come across it this early in the game. Can't kill the boss at the end no matter how hard I try...

Na they're weak against fire. Use the destruction spell.

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭Angeles

I was on my way to do a quest to retrieve sap from a special tree..
    I stopped my character in the steam pockets area just before the entrance to the special tree for a few moments, as i had to answer the door *irl*
    Apon returning i found my character and horse floating towards the sky *very Rudolf the reindeer like*

Anyway moral of the story!...randomly shouting "OMFG MY HORSE IS FLYING" out-loud tends to lead to some awkward looks from said people at the door!

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭PauloConn

Yeah, been a baseball for the giants a few times although did manage to kill a dragon on my own yesterday and was chuffed. But then a damn frost spider came up and finished me off in my weakened state. Needless to say, i wasn't impressed.
    But after 2 solid days (maybe 15-18 hours) i feel i need a break. I'm going through Skyrim in my dreams as well......

• Registered Users Posts: 1,009 ✭✭✭vangoz

In my first random dragon encounter (level 6 character) a giant and a sabor tooth taught I hadn't enough on my hands and joined in on the festivities. I promptly ran for my life; after letting my majika and health re-charge I returned to the scene only to find the giant standing proudly over the corpse of a dead dragon and sabor tooth :D
      Being launched to the moon in my first giant encounter
      Shooting a sleeping bandit in cave which made his sword rocket across the screen

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

I was wandering around Eastmarch, heading towards the Greybeards, and was passing by the pools with all the mini geysers in them. I saw a little camp ahead and thought there might be something nice to steal. When I got there, there were three hunters, stripped down to their underwear, sitting and laying down in the water. I thought it was a glitch at first (I've found a few people standing still in rivers for no reason), but it seems to be intentional.

Like some people (and I'm assuming it'll happen to everyone at some point) I was also attacked by a giant, a mammoth and a dragon at the same time. It did not end well.

And then there was the headless horseman I saw running around Whiterun. I tried catching up to him, but he was too fast.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,948 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

HA! same here! I thought they were friendly unless you provoked them

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭hypermuse

HA! same here! I thought they were friendly unless you provoked them

yea I found that out the hard way.. went over to have a look and maybe say hello..

BAM!! I've been put into orbit!

Some biotch called Gerda hired a group of thugs to beat me up but kill me if they deemed necessary. Did a bit of research and she works in the kitchen of the Jarl of Whiterun. Random hatred like....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Goodguy Number1

My best skyrim moment so far was when i went to a bar in solitude, and was challenged to a drinking contest, so of course I accepted. After drinking too much of this guys home brew, I blacked out and woke up in some temple with an angry priest yelling at me, so i decided to leave. When I got outside I realized I wasn't in solitude anymore so I looked at my map to find I'm in Markarth, and I now have a quest to retrace my steps and find out where my drinking buddy got to, so I can claim my prize.

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭Falcon.ie

My best skyrim moment so far was when i went to a bar in solitude, and was challenged to a drinking contest, so of course I accepted. After drinking too much of this guys home brew, I blacked out and woke up in some temple with an angry priest yelling at me, so i decided to leave. When I got outside I realized I wasn't in solitude anymore so I looked at my map to find I'm in Markarth, and I now have a quest to retrace my steps and find out where my drinking buddy got to, so I can claim my prize.

I'm one step ahead of you...So far on this quest to find my drinking pal with the Staff he promised me, I apparently passed through Riekstadt whilst on the lash, robbed a Prize Goat called Gleda whilst hammered and sold it to a Giant to help repay what I can only guess was a loan from Zolada(Sp?) in Whiterun(Haven't made it back to Whiterun quite yet..)...

And that Goat was a git to get back. The Giant who I sold the goat to has it follow him around, so there's no other way to take it back other than move up fairly close and tempt the goat away...

Needless to Say, on first attempt I was one shotted about 100m into the air.. So on my second attempt I ended up being chased by the said Giant down the hill with the Prize Goat in tow.

Onto Whiterun now to see about my Drinking Loan now.. Hoping that I don't owe too much..

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭Dave1711

Best Quest Ever!!

Anyone do the quest in solitude with Sheogorath?

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭craze7

I came back home half way through a quest today to drop off some stuff and caught something very suspicious! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭Dean_Mc

I am finding the random dragon encounters amazing, two stick out so far!

* I encountered a dragon outside the fort were you fight your first one, it was attaching 5 or so mammoths with 2 giants in tow. After finally downing the dragon I found the mammoths had turned on me and chased me half way to whiterun.

* Went to pick up the wood elf for some dungeon diving and some archery training in riverwood, just as I get there a dragon descends and chews him up good. I gave him a proper burial by placing him in the river and letting his body float out of town.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭Fluffy88

craze7 wrote: »
    I came back home half way through a quest today to drop off some stuff and caught something very suspicious! :D
    I really hope the game looks a little better than that :P

• Advertisement

Fluffy88 wrote: »
    I really hope the game looks a little better than that :P

Visually the game is fantastic. I have to say that they really put a lot into it. I think the blizzard like weather in Winterhold is awesome.

Seen something cool yesterday too, I was walking from Riverwood to Whiterun and the river had salmon leaping off the surface, that was a nice touch.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Just found the "Storm call " shout.Epic :D.Forelhost is a bad place to go when your only level 13 :P

How do you make friends with someone so they follow you?

Untitled-1.jpg?1288903617

There are loads of followers each requires you do something for them, a quest, a brawl, sometimes they are gifted to you.

Lol,

Just had some dude sneak up to me and ask to hold a sword for him, then two mins later another dude asking me if I seen some guy who stole his sword!

Dean_Mc wrote: »
    Lol,

Just had some dude sneak up to me and ask to hold a sword for him, then two mins later another dude asking me if I seen some guy who stole his sword!

ah yea I remember that happening to me.. Was annoying thou coz I was try to stealthly take out some banits from a rock with my bow and next thing this chap appears outa nowhere and starts talking to me demanding I hold this item for him..

I was thinking right.. feck off now.. Back to trying to take out these guys... then 30 seconds later.. other weetard comes up behind me asking if I saw someone run this way!!

FCUK OFF and deal with your own problems :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,674 ✭✭✭DirtyBollox

Dean_Mc wrote: »
    Lol,

what was the name of the sword? IIRC its an enchanted sword? could be wrong. think i sold it :o

what was the name of the sword? IIRC its an enchanted sword? could be wrong. think i sold it :o

I was given an enchanted warhammer.. so it prob varies..

I didnt even get a chance to look at it coz I busy at the time!! I gave it up before I even got to see if it was worth anything! I regret my decision. think I was over-encumbered thou

hypermuse wrote: »
    I was given an enchanted warhammer.. so it prob varies..

I didnt even get a chance to look at it coz I busy at the time!! I gave it up before I even got to see if it was worth anything! I regret my decision. think I was over-encumbered thou

Yeah I got an Iron dagger of shock, useless ****e. And yeah I hold too many cucumbers too sometimes. Being over-encumbered is ****e.

• Advertisement

Yeah I got an Iron dagger of shock, useless ****e. And yeah I hold too many cucumbers too sometimes. Being over-encumbered is ****e.

I don't want to know where you keep the cucumbers..

Advertisement