Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Met Eireann - Is this the best they can do????

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭Su Campu

Evelyn said in the 75th birthday video that with technology nowadays they can predict 4 days ahead rather than 2 (if I recall correctly). Everytime I watch their 4 day forecast, it always changes by the time the 4th day comes around, so it really isn't better than before.

Also what bugs me is they will give you the 4 day summary and when they show you the summary at the end of the report, the temps and weather symbols are different from what they've just said! :confused:
    In the final summary chart they have one temperature and one wind icon so they average the whole country over the whole day. Not ideal when there are marked differences between say north and south.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

The answer is simple - if you want a detailed forecast ME will supply one provided you are prepared to pay. Even the farming forecast has gone downhill. They spend most of the forecast telling us what has happened rather than what will happen - I am sure that most farmers will of experienced the previous week's weather first hand !

By the way the radar is showing no rain over me & yet it is very definitely raining.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭Yahew

pauldry wrote: »
    I note they say it will be a bright day.

hmmm isnt all daylight ?

will it be a dark night i wonder?

Some days are brighter than others. This is a particularly pedantic argument. All weather forecasters, and most people, use and/or know what is mean by a bright rather than a dull day, it's the difference in cloud cover.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

One other helpful suggestion would be to rearrange the regions for the regional forecasts. Galway is on a join so we can never get a regional forecast !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,150 ✭✭✭Deep Easterly

Discodog wrote: »
    Galway is on a join so we can never get a regional forecast !

:confused: A join??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,777 ✭✭✭Joe Public

If we want to chicken out of a particular forecast that's not to our liking we can always get the thread closed. Maybe the ME forecast should be moderated:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭thetonynator

Maybe we should have a massive Met Eireann mega-thread where everybody can complain together so we don't have a new complaint every week. Usually it's not even a very weather related topic, it's usually got more to do with giving out about the Pale and doing a bit of public service bashing.

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭piuswal

Su Campu wrote: »
    In the final summary chart they have one temperature and one wind icon so they average the whole country over the whole day. Not ideal when there are marked differences between say north and south.

The limits of TV screens or TV Producers, not sure which.

Advertisement