Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Drawstring waist gym legging?

• 15-02-2020 11:31pm
    Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,283 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Has anyone come across any drawstring waist gym leggings, apart from Nike? I got a pair in Tescos about 2 years ago, but I've found it hard to find any since. The only ones I've seen are Nike, but they are so expensive.

I find most gym leggings slip down on my tummy while I am working out. I am always tugging them up. I prefer a higher waist since having a baby, and the drawstring tie waist is really good for keeping them in place. I have tried TK Max a few times, but the only time I found any, they didn't have my size.

Are there any other brands out there or online?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭Day Lewin

You could try checking if the waistband of the ordinary leggings is a double layer with elastic in the centre.

If it is, you can open a wee hole in it, (or unpick a bit of the seam) draw out the elastic and replace with a long piece of tape that you then use as a drawstring. (this must be at least a half-metre longer than your actual waist, to allow for tying and untying)

Hi Ciarrai - I got some in January sometime in M&S Liffey Valley. Part of their new GoodMove range. They were pricey for Marks - €60 I think, but have been used (weights, running, walking, bag work) and washed at 40C about x3 a week since and holding up great. Just checked the website and can't see them (would get a second pair for myself), but were like these but better, without the stripey compression bits, high waist and with drawstrings... In black.

Perhaps one of the larger stores might have them in if you're close - Liffey Valley, Mary Street or Grafton St?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,283 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

Cali_girl wrote: »
    Hi Ciarrai - I got some in January sometime in M&S Liffey Valley. Part of their new GoodMove range. They were pricey for Marks - €60 I think, but have been used (weights, running, walking, bag work) and washed at 40C about x3 a week since and holding up great. Just checked the website and can't see them (would get a second pair for myself), but were like these but better, without the stripey compression bits, high waist and with drawstrings... In black.

Perhaps one of the larger stores might have them in if you're close - Liffey Valley, Mary Street or Grafton St?

Thanks. My nearest M&S is Killarney, and its quite a small store. Will check them out next time I'm there.

Hold on - I think these are they....

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,283 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

Cali_girl wrote: »
    Hold on - I think these are they....

Thanks for that! I must check them out, they look perfect and not too expensive!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

If you have a TK Maxx near you it's worth a rummage. I got a nice Under Armour drawstring pair there for about €25.

Twee. wrote: »
    If you have a TK Maxx near you it's worth a rummage. I got a nice Under Armour drawstring pair there for about €25.

I was in there yesterday but couldn't find any with a waist tie. I did get a pair which seem quite firm around the waist, so fingers crossed they stay put! I think the brand was 90 degrees or something like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,889 ✭✭✭SozBbz

Also, worth being on the mailing list for M&S and they regularly run 20% off promotions both online and in store.
    There is one on at the moment (ends at midnight) code YESPLEASE

I wore the new pair of leggings I got from tk Max this evening to my fitness class and I was really impressed. They don’t have a tie waist, but they seem to have a double elastic around the top and bottom of waist and come up high so they felt very secure and firm. No slipping down thankfully. Really good quality material too, didn’t appear to be see throughout like so many pairs I’ve tried on! They were only €22 in tkmaxx. I may have to go back and see if I can find anymore from this brand!

Found them online, the brand is 90 degree by Reflex https://www.90degreebyreflex.com/

Advertisement