Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Mount Suir Gracedieu Area

Options
  • 18-04-2014 3:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭

I was thinking of buying a house in Mount Suir Gracedieu. Is it a good area?? does anyone know anything about it, it looks quiet and safe in the daytime any advice on this would be helpfull. Its for me and the wife and 3 Kids
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭Chip Whitley

I was thinking of buying a house in Mount Suir Gracedieu. Is it a good area?? does anyone know anything about it, it looks quiet and safe in the daytime any advice on this would be helpfull. Its for me and the wife and 3 Kids

I actually just moved out of there with my partner and our 3 kids. We were renting. It is a nice estate as in, the neighbours were all great, very friendly and there is a residents committee that organises street clean-ups, easter egg hunts etc so that's good. Lots of good, friendly kids up there too, from age 4 up to age 12. The place is pretty well-maintained considering half of it is still a building site. I also liked the fact that we were close to town but it still felt like we weren't caught up in any rush-hour traffic and had a nice bit of space around us.

The negatives I would say are things like half the place being unfinished. The apartments to the front of the road are an eyesore (but they are cleaning those up as we speak) It's close to a halting site so sometimes traveller kids would come up causing trouble and the travellers dogs and horses invade the estate from time to time. The nearest shop is Londis Cleaboy which is a few minutes drive, it would have been handy to have one of the units at the front be a shop as was originally planned. Also it is up on a little bit of a height so during the recent bad weather the houses literally got battered. Most people's back garden fences were destroyed and aerials were damaged etc, whenever there was bad weather it always felt worse up in Mount Suir. I know there was problems with the house I was renting (plumbing etc) from when they were first built, they are timber-framed houses and a lot of people told me they were just thrown up during the boom.

All in all it's not a bad place to live, and I did enjoy living there, but now we've moved I find I am getting much better value for money elsewhere in a bigger house and garden, and enjoy having shops and amenities closer to me. My kids miss the kids up there though, like I say the neighbours are great. If the original plans (shops, cafe, takeaway etc) for Mount Suir were anything to go by and it does ever get finished it will be a fantastic little spot but who knows how long that will take. If you have any more questions feel free to PM me. :)

Advertisement