Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

What Do You Think Was The Best Tv Show Ever?

124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43 listen_lady

Do you still watch "Dexter", perchance?

The last two seasons have seen a return to form.

Somewhat.

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭tim3000

Do you still watch "Dexter", perchance?

The last two seasons have seen a return to form.

Somewhat.

I do, I'am up to date but I wish the current story line with Deb hadn't happened was a huge mistake and was un-necessary.

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭Bozo Skeleton

Dexter is yet another one of the shows I haven't gotten around to watching. I like the idea of it, but again, there's so many episodes to catch up on. Worth watching from the start?

Dexter is yet another one of the shows I haven't gotten around to watching. I like the idea of it, but again, there's so many episodes to catch up on. Worth watching from the start?

The first 4-5 seasons are great, really tense and rewarding but after that it just becomes a show that needed to be cancelled 2 seasons ago. But it is worth watching I would heartily recommend the earlier seasons. Its a show that you will watch a season in 2 days and be craving more.

Really? I thought seeing Deb on the edge was refreshing and honest.

And yes, definitely watch it from the start. The first two seasons are extremely well-written and sharp. The third fails to raise the bar. The fourth was not my personal favourite, though John Lithgow's performance was interesting. The fifth season was a return to form for the series. The sixth... was not.

The seventh turned out to be a one of the better seasons of the show.

• Advertisement

Really? I thought seeing Deb on the edge was refreshing and honest.

And yes, definitely watch it from the start. The first two seasons are extremely well-written and sharp. The third fails to raise the bar. The fourth was not my personal favourite, though John Lithgow's performance was interesting. The fifth season was a return to form for the series. The sixth... was not.

The seventh turned out to be a one of the better seasons of the show.

I hated what they did with Deb. Its directionless now though if you ask me seemingly no over-arching story line or villain which is a shame, I was hoping that there would be a villain to rival the Trinity Killer.

I guess I just like watching a woman in trouble. Comes with being a David Lynch fan, haha. :)

I think Dex's new friend is being set up as the big bad this season. Oh, and then there's the return of a certain blonde gardening fanatic too...

I might get round to watching Dexter some day. I have so much tv to catch up on...

What's next on your list?

I guess I just like watching a woman in trouble. Comes with being a David Lynch fan, haha. :)

I think Dex's new friend is being set up as the big bad this season. Oh, and then there's the return of a certain blonde gardening fanatic too...

Never got into David Lynch. That new friend of Dexter is not much of a villain but I hear there is a spin off that could be it.

• Advertisement

Breaking Bad, the final series is on Netflix the day after US broadcast, starting next week.

Maybe Boardwalk Empire. I love Steve Buscemi, I've only seen the intro to the first episode. I want those shoes.

Haha, touché. I've still got the first season of "Breaking Bad" gathering dust on my iPod. I could never get into Boardwalk Empire, I don't know why. Ooh, have you seen "Top of the Lake"? They're calling it the new TP.

And a Dexter spin-off? Why?!

Returning to the best tv shows ever:
    Jeeves And Wooster, wonderful.

Haha, touché. I've still got the first season of "Breaking Bad" gathering dust on my iPod. I could never get into Boardwalk Empire, I don't know why. Ooh, have you seen "Top of the Lake"? They're calling it the new TP.

And a Dexter spin-off? Why?!

Breaking Bad is brilliant, right from the opening scene, I was hooked straightaway. Give it a shot. It's all on Netflix anyway.

Hugh Laurie before "House". Hard to imagine there was ever a time!

Hugh Laurie before "House". Hard to imagine there was ever a time!

I find it harder to believe he became a star in the US, I think of him more in Blackadder :)

The times. They are a' changin'.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭Lurching

In favourite order:

The Soprano's
    Father Ted
    Band Of Brothers
    Dexter
    M.A.S.H.

This is a good night for "Dexter" fans.

Ooh, maybe I'll start a thread at a more agreeable hour...

"What's your favourite line from Dexter?"

I bet Deb will be the lead by a mile.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭Spiderpig92

Only Fools And Horses without doubt

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭prq

All in the Family

Advertisement