Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

foreign insurance companies

• 25-02-2003 3:53pm

Just wondering to know if anyone acquires insurance from the internet by foreign companies and if they could pm me with information or even email me, as i recieved a quote from my broker for over €600 yesterday from the previous €488 i paid last year to drive a 50cc scooter. as insurance is ludicrous in this country id love to find a comprimising option.

email me at dmorrissey@student.tippinst.ie

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 973 ✭✭✭Gmodified

Unfrortunately, you don't have many options. I don't really get what you mean by foreign companies??

Anyway options are:
    www.hiberniandirect.ie probably your current insurance
    maybe
    Carole Nash, but I think they only insure bikes bigger then 250cc, give them a ring

• Registered Users Posts: 1,652 ✭✭✭Chimaera

This has already been discussed at length here and in the MIJAG forum (under Community -> Activism). Basically, the answer is no, you can't get insurance from a foreign company to cover you here.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,661 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

While it's legal for them to provide insurance here, no foreign insurance company will do it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 973 ✭✭✭Gmodified

While it's legal for them to provide insurance here, no foreign insurance company will do it

Because they are regulated by Irish Law ,which points down to goverment.

Advertisement