Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

2008 MkIV Ford Mondeo 2.0 Tdci - temp gauge

Options
  • 25-03-2019 2:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭

It seems to be a common problem.
    The temp gauge on my Mondeo never seems to reach 90 degrees, its been like this since i got it 4 years ago

I had the timing belt replaced recently and at the same time asked the mechanic to check into the temp gauge issue.
    He replaced the Thermostat, and for about 3 weeks , the temp was reaching 90 degrees and staying there, during all types of driving.

Now it has started again , where it will initially rise to 90 degrees and then drop back to anywhere between 60 and 70ish, and will hover up a little then back.

Seems to stay lower when on the motorway , and rises a little when in slower traffic.

Could it also be the temp sender?
    Strange that it worked fine for 3 weeks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,907 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

I've a 2010 Smax 2.0 Tdci. I've owned it for 5 years and it's never given any trouble. The temp gauge has never hit the the mid way mark (90 degrees) - it always sits a bit below it. I posted about it to the Facebook S-Max owners group a while back, and the general consensus was that it's common and normal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

Strange how it was fine for 3 weeks after replacing the stat.

Advertisement