Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

191 reg cars...

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,252 ✭✭✭Dia1988

ofcork wrote: »
    Haven't seen a single 191 yet lord mayor in cork always gets the first reg from ford.

MickFinn191Car_large.jpg?width=648&s=ie-895224

Yes, it's one of those hybrid Mondeos this year!

ofcork wrote: »
    Haven't seen a single 191 yet lord mayor in cork always gets the first reg from ford.

MickFinn191Car_large.jpg?width=648&s=ie-895224

Yes, it's one of those hybrid Mondeos this year!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 689 ✭✭✭nim1bdeh38l2cw

Dia1988 wrote: »
    Not like with like

Those countries had bi lateral arrangements prior to entering the EU.

UK is leaving the EU and EU arrangements existed and cannot be simply ignored.

So freedom of movement will still exist as long as you were born between 1973 and the 29th of March too?

So freedom of movement will still exist as long as you were born between 1973 and the 29th of March too?

Who said that?

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭bs2014

Dare I say it but the new Rav 4 is actually nice (on the outside); real touch of santa fe at the front and X5/Tiguan at the rear and c pillar. Obviously the inside is typical dull and dreary grey toyota but its an improvement

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,786 ✭✭✭Old diesel

And tell everyone who's paying for it Mary!

I'm sorry but what?????.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,239 ✭✭✭✭elperello

I've driven some new cars, some old cars.
    Some good, some bad.
    Some I paid for, some were paid for by someone else.
    Who paid never made a bit of difference to how they ran.

Mary Brosnan has been on the dole for years, has got a free house from council, 4k grant to furnish it and now is getting a free car!

Look at her threads!

"It’s quiet simple really, if going back to work does not get you better off financially then stay on dole. What is the problem with being on it for life. People need to get real here, all these dole bashers with their big erection claiming they fund a doles person lifestyle."

"The state are responsible for putting a house over our head and food and clothes. This isn’t the 1800s"

Who said that?

You did. "UK is leaving the EU and EU arrangements existed and cannot be simply ignored."

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Mary Brosnan has been on the dole for years, has got a free house from council, 4k grant to furnish it and now is getting a free car!

Look at her threads!

"It’s quiet simple really, if going back to work does not get you better off financially then stay on dole. What is the problem with being on it for life. People need to get real here, all these dole bashers with their big erection claiming they fund a doles person lifestyle."

"The state are responsible for putting a house over our head and food and clothes. This isn’t the 1800s"

First post on Boards.
    Car allowance
    I would love to get back working but I would need a car to get to the bigger towns where employment is.
    When I got my house I got a €4,000 furniture allowance and I’m wondering is there an allowance for a car or public transport even.

• Advertisement

You did. "UK is leaving the EU and EU arrangements existed and cannot be simply ignored."

no!

To not ignore something doesn't automatically mean to adopt and accept, it can mean to adapt and alter to circumstances too!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,540 ✭✭✭Leonard Hofstadter

<
    Last of the affordable non-hybrid Corollas

Just noticed you can only get a non-hybrid Yaris in the bog Terra spec, wheel covers, no fogs, black plastic door handles and mirrors. And it's still 17.5k lol! The hybrid luna is 2k more!

Do you really need a hybrid in a city car, a 1.0 petrol will be just as frugal and will cost less to buy!

Think Toyota might have been too brave too soon with their hybrids!

Will all their diesel Avensis, Rav 4, Corolla, Auris drivers transfer to hybrids?

Their website still says you can get the 1.0 and 1.5 in Luna and Y20 specs, the 1.0 is also available in Terra(ble) spec as well. The 1.5 is also available with the godawful multidrive (for anyone who has taken complete leave of their senses).

• Registered Users Posts: 15,503 ✭✭✭✭vectra

Stop scare mongering, there will be a 2 year transitioning period after March 30th .Even if UK doesnt sign up to a mutual trade policy, which they have cited to be doing!

Cars in Uk today will have followed EU standards and to EU policies and taxes, the history of these cars can't change after March 30th!

I was told recently that if and when the brexit goes ahead people will be paying a 25% tax on them upon importation.

vectra wrote: »
    I was told recently that if and when the brexit goes ahead people will be paying a 25% tax on them upon importation.

Did Theresa May tell you this on a bar stool?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,883 ✭✭✭hooch-85

Look at her threads!

Is this for real? No wonder the country is fu5ked and the rest of us are scraping to get by, taxed through the roof on low to middle incomes.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,833 ✭✭✭daheff

You are getting mixed up with a no deal brexit & no trade agreement after the transition phase. that would mean teverting to WTO trade rules. There would be a trade tariff on imports, but not sure how high it is.... or even if imports would be possible.
    This is only one scenario

Duty on cars is 10%

• Registered Users Posts: 5,154 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

hooch-85 wrote: »
    Is this for real? No wonder the country is fu5ked and the rest of us are scraping to get by, taxed through the roof on low to middle incomes.

I don't think it's real, don't bother feeding it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭lalababa

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Do they though, is it any significant percentage of new car buyers? Of course there’s no numbers for this sort of thing, but I’d have to disagree with this notion and say that that’s a lazy assumption.

Ask anybody esp. in a middle class housing estate, if somebody gets a newer car you can bet your bottom dollar jhonny and Mary down the street will too and so on..
    New cars are a status symbols, a very outward display of wealth, the newer the car the better. They are and always have been advertised as such. The bigger the car the better as well, you don't see many men over 25 going around in hatchbacks do you?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,322 ✭✭✭m17

Athlone
    xPLz9fG.jpg

• Advertisement

Did Theresa May tell you this on a bar stool?

Never met her, did you?
    Brexit won’t happen.

You know this because???

daheff wrote: »
    You are getting mixed up with a no deal brexit & no trade agreement after the transition phase. that would mean teverting to WTO trade rules. There would be a trade tariff on imports, but not sure how high it is.... or even if imports would be possible.
    This is only one scenario

This is what I was told by a motor dealer.
    Don't shoot the messenger :pac:
    Duty on cars is 10%

Where did you get that info?

Where did you get that info?

The World Trade Organisation.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,833 ✭✭✭daheff

This is what I was told by a motor dealer.
    Don't shoot the messenger :pac:
    Not shooting anybody my friend. Clarifying (to the best of my knowledge):D

You should know not to trust motor dealers by now. I had one recently tell me VRT was increased for all cars in the budget (to explain price increases).

• Registered Users Posts: 51,111 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Some truth, it went up 1% on new diesel cars.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Sow white 191 Land rover Evoke? Or what is it called. Parked next to family ran furniture place in small town. I guess business is booming. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 30,339 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

Peugeot 3008 GT Line

• Registered Users Posts: 26,283 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

191-D-424 , lovely black s500 coupe.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,426 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

191-D-9......Tucson

Seen 191 D 125 last night ,
    Black Audi A6
    nice

• Advertisement

The World Trade Organisation.

Is that the same crowd that is against the illegal vrt our government charges?
    daheff wrote: »
    Not shooting anybody my friend. Clarifying (to the best of my knowledge):D

You should know not to trust motor dealers by now. I had one recently tell me VRT was increased for all cars in the budget (to explain price increases).
    bazz26 wrote: »
    Some truth, it went up 1% on new diesel cars.

THERE ^^^

Advertisement